• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ok Ill be in seattle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Some good places to go are the Space Needle, the Experience Music Project building, Pike Place Market, and the Ballard Locks, and the Seattle Aquarium.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's like 2 locations.

#1: Space Needle (it just is, I'll give it that)
#2: Pike Place (about the only place that gets any movie credit)

That's it. Seattle has a 500K population. NY has like 8M and Chicago is like 6M.

Seattle is just a small city compared to the majors. I'm leaving to Chicago in a few months and I wont miss Seattle that much.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's it. Seattle has a 500K population. NY has like 8M and Chicago is like 6M.

Seattle is just a small city compared to the majors. I'm leaving to Chicago in a few months and I wont miss Seattle that much.

You say that now,I've got a nephew that lives in Chicago. You might wait until you experienced Chicago before you make out your mind about Seattle.:lol:

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely go to Pike Place Market, it's a place that locals and tourists both like. You don't see that too often.

A stroll along Alki Beach is nice to take in the city skyline. Hamilton Viewpoint Park is good for that as well.

If you've got time a ferry ride to the San Juan Islands is highly recommended. There's a good chance you'll see some orcas in the wild. Or you could take a ferry and explore the Olympic Peninsula. The Olympic National Park is a Unesco world heritage site. It's incredible.

The Seattle Underground tour is fun.

Jimi Hendrix's and Bruce Lee's graves are in the area.

Check out the gum wall. It's gross but cool at the same time.

If nightlife is your thing, Pioneer Square is popular.

Like most large structures, The Space Needle is best viewed from a distance. I wouldn't pay to go up it. Seattle Center where it's located is decent though. If you want a panoramic view of the city from up high check out the Columbia Center Sky View Observatory, better view and less tourists.

Like any decent sized American city there's some good museums and the like. The Seattle Aquarium is pretty good, The Museum of Flight is great and there's plenty of good art museums if that's your thing.

Take a walk down "The Ave" in the U-District.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Enjoy your visit!

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure, Seattle isn't in the big 5 (New York, L.A., Chicago, Philly, Houston) but it's not like it's some podunk town. It's in the conversation with cities like Atlanta, Boston, D.C., Miami and New Orleans. It's not like Tokyo or London but it's not some jerkwater burg either.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely go to Pike Place Market, it's a place that locals and tourists both like. You don't see that too often.

A stroll along Alki Beach is nice to take in the city skyline. Hamilton Viewpoint Park is good for that as well.

If you've got time a ferry ride to the San Juan Islands is highly recommended. There's a good chance you'll see some orcas in the wild. Or you could take a ferry and explore the Olympic Peninsula. The Olympic National Park is a Unesco world heritage site. It's incredible.

The Seattle Underground tour is fun.

Jimi Hendrix's and Bruce Lee's graves are in the area.

Check out the gum wall. It's gross but cool at the same time.

If nightlife is your thing, Pioneer Square is popular.

Like most large structures, The Space Needle is best viewed from a distance. I wouldn't pay to go up it. Seattle Center where it's located is decent though. If you want a panoramic view of the city from up high check out the Columbia Center Sky View Observatory, better view and less tourists.

Like any decent sized American city there's some good museums and the like. The Seattle Aquarium is pretty good, The Museum of Flight is great and there's plenty of good art museums if that's your thing.

Take a walk down "The Ave" in the U-District.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Enjoy your visit!

Excellent recommendations Mr Tacoma!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, Seattle isn't in the big 5 (New York, L.A., Chicago, Philly, Houston) but it's not like it's some podunk town. It's in the conversation with cities like Atlanta, Boston, D.C., Miami and New Orleans. It's not like Tokyo or London but it's not some jerkwater burg either.

Pay no mind to the Shark, he has always been a bit of a sour puss.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent recommendations Mr Tacoma!

Thank you kind sir! Being a traveling fanatic myself I appreciate helpful locals when I'm out and about so I always try to extend the same courtesy to folks visiting our neck of the woods.

I moved away from the Great Northwest a couple years ago (I miss it!) but I think that list shouldn't be too out of date.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree man. Look I love Seattle, lived here all my life. I think it's a top 5 city in the US. It's just not that big. But you can't beat the views of the Cascades, Olympic Mountains, Rainer, and Sound+Lakes. Some people also love smaller cities. Seattle is a blip on the map compared to Chicago for example, but that is hardly a bad thing.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree man. Look I love Seattle, lived here all my life. I think it's a top 5 city in the US. It's just not that big. But you can't beat the views of the Cascades, Olympic Mountains, Rainer, and Sound+Lakes. Some people also love smaller cities. Seattle is a blip on the map compared to Chicago for example, but that is hardly a bad thing.

I'm not sure I consider Seattle small. It's not huge but it's bigger than D.C., Baltimore, Denver, Milwaukee, Atlanta, Miami and a bunch of other major American cities. It's more than a blip my man! It's almost identical in size to Boston.

New York, LA, and Chicago are utterly massive and rank with some of the biggest cities on the planet but as far as most American cities are concerned, Seattle is one of the bigger ones.

Not trying to fight with you, I'm glad we agree Seattle is a great town!:suds:

Kyle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is better then all those over Populated cities for one Huge reason. It's a million times Safer!!!

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do want to go by the stadium and take a picture with my terrible towel ..

Harold we will hook up for a couple of beers for sure ..

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, when you are in Seattle you are only minutes away from Water sports or Snow Sports. The Olympic mountains are a sight to see as they are one of the few mostly unexplored area's in the US. When you see them you will understand why, which you can see from Seattle. Turn around and you see The Cascades. Lakes and rivers all over.

Seattle would be much larger but the area they use to count as the population is trapped between two bodies of water. The Sound and Lake Washington. Then you got West Seattle which looks acrossed the sound to the city. Great place to view at night ( Alki Beach ) Bellevue which is east of Seattle is where a lot of the money is. When looking at a map of Seattle and lake washington you will notice a large island in the middle. Most of the people there are just SWIMMING in money and travel east ( Bellevue ) for their shopping. A City like Chicago would call that part of their city but because of the water it's broken up and becomes its own city. When they do a market rating of Cities Seattle is #14 in size, i'll link the list.

Here is the listing of Seattles Market size in order with other cities.

#1 New York, NY 15,340,000
#2 Los Angeles, CA 10,609,200
#3 Chicago, IL 7,612,100
#4 San Francisco, CA 6,012,000
#5 Dallas, TX 4,576,700
#6 Philadelphia, PA 4,291,700
#7 Houston, TX 4,165,000
#8 Washington, DC 4,041,300
#9 Boston, MA 3,888,800
#10 Detroit, MI 3,859,700
#11 Atlanta, GA 3,750,700
#12 Miami, FL 3,489,800
#13 Puerto Rico 3,264,900
#14 Seattle, WA 3,150,300

So yeah like troll on a bike said its just a rink-a-dink little hick town LMAO.

Last edited by a moderator:

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, when you are in Seattle you are only minutes away from Water sports or Snow Sports. The Olympic mountains are a sight to see as they are one of the few mostly unexplored area's in the US. When you see them you will understand why, which you can see from Seattle. Turn around and you see The Cascades. Lakes and rivers all over.

Seattle would be much larger but the area they use to count as the population is trapped between two bodies of water. The Sound and Lake Washington. Then you got West Seattle which looks acrossed the sound to the city. Great place to view at night ( Alki Beach ) Bellevue which is east of Seattle is where a lot of the money is. When looking at a map of Seattle and lake washington you will notice a large island in the middle. Most of the people there are just SWIMMING in money and travel east ( Bellevue ) for their shopping. A City like Chicago would call that part of their city but because of the water it's broken up and becomes its own city. When they do a market rating of Cities Seattle is #14 in size, i'll link the list.

Here is the listing of Seattles Market size in order with other cities.

#1 New York, NY 15,340,000
#2 Los Angeles, CA 10,609,200
#3 Chicago, IL 7,612,100
#4 San Francisco, CA 6,012,000
#5 Dallas, TX 4,576,700
#6 Philadelphia, PA 4,291,700
#7 Houston, TX 4,165,000
#8 Washington, DC 4,041,300
#9 Boston, MA 3,888,800
#10 Detroit, MI 3,859,700
#11 Atlanta, GA 3,750,700
#12 Miami, FL 3,489,800
#13 Puerto Rico 3,264,900
#14 Seattle, WA 3,150,300

So yeah like troll on a bike said its just a rink-a-dink little hick town LMAO.

I like the smaller cities anyway ... im just an old hick my self

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the weather was better Seattle would probably be bigger than Tokyo, it's such an attractive area. This is a good time of year to visit though. Hurry if you can! The clouds and drizzle are on the way and they once they arrive they ain't leaving till June at the earliest.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do want to go by the stadium and take a picture with my terrible towel ..

Harold we will hook up for a couple of beers for sure ..

Yes indeed! Looking forward to it!

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we will be in Seattle on the 6th ... leave on an Alaskan cruise the 7th .. back in Seattle on the 14th and are staying with the wife's cousins until the 18th