• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ok deal is done.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah i said it and i threw the jynx on it. lets be real though there is noway the players turn this offer down.

so that means the season will be going 1/19/13. is a shortened season a good thing for the devils or bad thing? seeing how i think kovy and volenchkov are the only players playing minus some guys on the ahl club majority of the team hasnt played pro level hockey. good or bad?

i'm down for a 50 game schedule too it cuts out a lot of the dead wood that the season already is. IMO the season should start around thanksgiving games should only be played in the conference also. adds some juice to the games and gives them a lot more meaning.

most importantly how is the layoff and shortened schedule going to play into the being of our 40 year old goalies? i for one would like to see an even split 25/25 or at the most 30/20 marty getting the starts down the line

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i said it and i threw the jynx on it. lets be real though there is noway the players turn this offer down.

so that means the season will be going 1/19/13. is a shortened season a good thing for the devils or bad thing? seeing how i think kovy and volenchkov are the only players playing minus some guys on the ahl club majority of the team hasnt played pro level hockey. good or bad?

i'm down for a 50 game schedule too it cuts out a lot of the dead wood that the season already is. IMO the season should start around thanksgiving games should only be played in the conference also. adds some juice to the games and gives them a lot more meaning.

most importantly how is the layoff and shortened schedule going to play into the being of our 40 year old goalies? i for one would like to see an even split 25/25 or at the most 30/20 marty getting the starts down the line

I gotta believe a short season benefits us with the age of our goalies.

settle dammit
NHL and Players' Association set to meet face-to-face at 2 p.m. today | NJ.com

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We're not quite there yet, and I wouldn't be surprised if there's still another week ahead of us. Fehr doesn't care if this goes on until the night before. As he said, it's all on the owners to sell the game so he doesn't care if he and the players cause the damage.

In regards to how a shortened season will help us, I say it definitely does in almost all facets.

All the young guys: Henrique, JJ, Tedenby, Butler, Larsson, have all been playing in the minors. So have some of the bottom line guys like Gionta.

Kovy is going to be hot coming in. He'll get a nice break from KHL action when/if training camp starts. Same for Volch. Zidlicky is also playing in Russia, but I wish he had taken a rest.

For the Goalies, they'll need to get warmed up quickly, but at their age, I have to imagine the prolonged break, especially after the huge playoff run will let them recover more than normal. Same for Zajac who is still coming off the major injury and Salvador and Elias, who are getting up there in age.