• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Ohio State @ Northwestern

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as far as Ohio State's offense. There isn't a defense in the B1G that can keep them from scoring. Wisconsin was the best defense Ohio State will see all year. And Ohio State could have easily put 40+ on the board if they continued to press late.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wildcats are +5.5 underdogs right now according to sippinonpurple. Thoughts?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I figured they shut down the offense, it was obvious. I was getting frustrated, he has to realize now that he never needs to do that again. We legitimately had a shot at scoring 42+ if we continue the offense.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NW is a good team, and probably one of the best coached in the nation. They have some legit offensive weapons. That said, we need to win this one by 21 or so IMO. It isn't about not having respect for NW so much as it is about understanding that we need to make a huge statement and this is as good a game to do it in as any.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wildcats are +5.5 underdogs right now according to sippinonpurple. Thoughts?

It is at Northwestern, I expect it to probably go up to +7 or so.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NW is a good team, and probably one of the best coached in the nation. They have some legit offensive weapons. That said, we need to win this one by 21 or so IMO. It isn't about not having respect for NW so much as it is about understanding that we need to make a huge statement and this is as good a game to do it in as any.

I don't think Ohio State is going to get the kinda respect your wanting regardless who they beat in the B1G. And imagine if NW implodes after a blowout loss against Ohio State? eeck.

At this point (and I think Meyer knows this) ... Ohio State just needs to keep winning and hope Bama or Oregon loses.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as far as Ohio State's offense. There isn't a defense in the B1G that can keep them from scoring. Wisconsin was the best defense Ohio State will see all year. And Ohio State could have easily put 40+ on the board if they continued to press late.

so, in a roundabout way, urban was playing a little tresselball in the 2d half........... good God, I thought that wouldn't happen with Urb...... I want him to go for the jugular every game........:nod:

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Ohio State is going to get the kinda respect your wanting regardless who they beat in the B1G. And imagine if NW implodes after a blowout loss against Ohio State? eeck.

At this point (and I think Meyer knows this) ... Ohio State just needs to keep winning and hope Bama or Oregon loses.

well, its been moving in this direction for years under the BCS, its now front and center and no denying it. You HAVE to kill everyone, if you don't your screwed.... (woody wouldn't understand this thinking....)

sorry, but that's why I've bitched a little about dropping after two wins (its not like we won like scUM did)....... fact is, its going to be hard as hell to climb back up to at least the 2 spot. (and incidentally, the tide don't look that great to me - but they get the pass)........ Oregon and clem could win out............

:doh:

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, in a roundabout way, urban was playing a little tresselball in the 2d half........... good God, I thought that wouldn't happen with Urb...... I want him to go for the jugular every game........:nod:

Most coaches are content with grinding the clock out if the game is going their way. It's not just Tressel who did/does it. Because a potential alternative is that you continue to press ... make one or two big mistakes ... and it gives the opponent the spark they need to attempt a comeback.

Keep in mind ... Meyer expects this offense to be able to pound it on the ground as much as he expects it to go vertical. The fact that they didn't break any big plays in the 4th on the ground is something I'm POSITIVE the team will hear about all week.

So while Ohio State could have continued going to the air and most likely score another TD or two pretty easily ... Meyer wanted ball control on the ground. Which *should* be a lower risk - same reward play call selection.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, its been moving in this direction for years under the BCS, its now front and center and no denying it. You HAVE to kill everyone, if you don't your screwed.... (woody wouldn't understand this thinking....)

sorry, but that's why I've bitched a little about dropping after two wins (its not like we won like scUM did)....... fact is, its going to be hard as hell to climb back up to at least the 2 spot. (and incidentally, the tide don't look that great to me - but they get the pass)........ Oregon and clem could win out............

:doh:

We're still ahead of Clemson in the poll that matters ... don't see them jumping us unless we play extremely bad against a horrid B1G team.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since man landed on the moon, Ohio State is 30-2 vs Northwestern. Northwestern's only two victories came in 2004 (over an 8-4 Ohio State team) and 1971 (over a 6-4 Ohio State team)

also since man landed on the moon, Northwestern has only finished in the AP Top 25 three times....1995 (#8), 1996 (#15) and 2012 (#17)

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since man landed on the moon, Ohio State is 30-2 vs Northwestern. Northwestern's only two victories came in 2004 (over an 8-4 Ohio State team) and 1971 (over a 6-4 Ohio State team)

also since man landed on the moon, Northwestern has only finished in the AP Top 25 three times....1995 (#8), 1996 (#15) and 2012 (#17)

The interesting thing is that Tosu didn't play NW in '95 and '96.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda sucks for you guys that NW goes to Madison the next week. And don't they play at Nebraska, Michigan and Iowa?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda sucks for you guys that NW goes to Madison the next week. And don't they play at Nebraska, Michigan and Iowa?

I could see them lose to Wisconsin and then win out. They almost beat Nebraska and Michigan last year, and they are better this year while I question whether or not those 2 are. Iowa, I'm not buying. If we beat them, I could see them finishing 10-2 for sure.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said at the beginning of the year that NW will be a 4-5 loss team. This win won't mean much come the end of the year for Ohio State.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said at the beginning of the year that NW will be a 4-5 loss team. This win won't mean much come the end of the year for Ohio State.

So who else do you see them losing to and why?

JW

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who else do you see them losing to and why?

JW

I could conceivably see them losing all their games except for the home game against Minnesota. The schedule sets up tough for them. There two hardest games remaining(according to ranking) are both at home. I look at things differently when it comes to that, my feeling is that NW is going to lose those games regardless so its better to play them on the road and get games like Iowa, Nebraska and Illinois at home.

I guess to answer your question is I don't know exactly who they will lose to put their B1G schedule does them no favors.

Chicago-Bama

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be there for game day. Anybody going for the game? I will probably go depending on ticket price.