• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Ohio State @ Northwestern

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what everyone saw on here. Pretty clear you only showed up well after everyone had called you out on it.

Wrong again. I showed up Sunday to pick it up. Uman said it wouldn't be ready until Tuesday, but he put it up Monday morning instead. I picked it up Monday afternoon.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong again. I showed up Sunday to pick it up. Uman said it wouldn't be ready until Tuesday, but he put it up Monday morning instead. I picked it up Monday afternoon.

Dude I don't give a fuck about your stupid avatar. I watched the whole thing and I really don't care. Just stop trolling and get the fuck out of my thread already.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the bucks will be fine in this game. They don't have to sell out for the run game. It stinks that Bryant got hurt, but I think Tanner or whoever is his replacement will be fine. I would like to see them step on the gas and put up some points, don't let off in the second half. Urbs should also give those backs some work.

Bucks roll big as NW. The only game that I think we could trip up is the Illinois game. I have seen it happen in the past and I'm just a little uneasy about it.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude I don't give a fuck about your stupid avatar. I watched the whole thing and I really don't care. Just stop trolling and get the fuck out of my thread already.

Oh_he_mad.jpg

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will probably watch this game in its entirety. Typically do not do that with OSU games, but I do like Pat Fitzgerald as an HC.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will probably watch this game in its entirety. Typically do not do that with OSU games, but I do like Pat Fitzgerald as an HC.

Yessir. I'm hoping like hell Texas doesn't go after him, that'd be a hard gig to turn down.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have NEVER ducked an av bet. I'm just waiting for the right time to make an av bet with a Buckeye fan, so they can wear that fine pic of CUM.

The right time is never. You have a bet on Northwestern, only other game is scUM and they look great. :rolleyes:

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The right time is never. You have a bet on Northwestern, only other game is scUM and they look great. :rolleyes:

Don't bother. He'll just duck it like a nancy.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Tony talks shit and can't back it up. If he does, he loses. :yahoo:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my take. Comparing the Wisky air attack against us and NW air attack, I believe Wisky has a far more superior OL than what NW has. We may get to the QB of NW more often and knock them around more often than what we did to Stave. Just my opinion. I suspect more blitzing on Saturday. You know Wisky always has the big boys for the OL.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope.tOSU wins...i don't want Iowa to stroll into cbus with those fuckers all pissed off

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we better get our secondary straight or it will be a long night for us... :doh:

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far this season Northwestern has been winning by creating turnovers, and I believe this trend must continue in order for the Wildcats to defeat the Buckeyes.

I would estimate that Northwestern needs to have at least a +2 turnover margin in order to win this game against Ohio.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually have NW in the Husker board pick 'ems this week. Don't know why, I am a huge Braxton Miller fan. (I am assuming he is back up and running?)

Anyway, I gotta poop.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State won't shutdown the offense in this one .... could be a blowout. Ohio State's defense will eat alive any drop back passing team. Their best bet is to dink and dunk the defense to death. Northwestern doesn't have the defense to slow down Ohio State's weapons on offense.

I think we see more Hall and less Hyde in this game ... but they will attack through the air.

If NW dink and dunks the ball ... they have a shot to stay in it and this game will most likely be pretty high scoring. If they decide to drop back ... could end up being Ohio State's most impressive victory to date.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we better get our secondary straight or it will be a long night for us... :doh:

that is one of my worries too.

I'm concerned about the offense a little. To not be able to score any pts in the 2nd half at all AT HOME is ridiculous. not even a FG?.......

I do feel that Wisky is a better team than NW overall, but still, NW isn't a gimme by any means. It will be a tough game. But you can't go an entire half without scoring any points......

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is one of my worries too.

I'm concerned about the offense a little. To not be able to score any pts in the 2nd half at all AT HOME is ridiculous. not even a FG?.......

I do feel that Wisky is a better team than NW overall, but still, NW isn't a gimme by any means. It will be a tough game. But you can't go an entire half without scoring any points......

Meyer admitted they shut down the offense against Wisconsin. Once they gained a comfortable lead and it became obvious that Wisconsin was not going to run against Ohio State's defense ... Meyer just wanted to eat the clock. I think what was shocking to them .... and everyone else was how Wisconsin keyed in on Hyde and would not allow him to gain the 3-4 yards after contact. That is probably why we saw Miller running the ball late.

I thought our secondary play has been decent. We GAVE Wisconsin the sidelines because frankly, the coaches didn't think they could keep up as a one dimensional offense. That's why Ohio State's defense dominated their running game and gave up the yardage they did in the passing game. Ohio State played run defense all night. I mean heck, our CORNERS were making tackles for loss. lol

I think their game plan for NW will be almost the exact opposite. More support in the back seven and less up front. Expect 4 man rushes early to test how much pressure we can get without bringing any support. If Northwestern goes in 5-7 step drops, expect Ohio State to blitz often. The best way to attack Ohio State's defense however is in the short passing game. Only problem with that is it will cause NW to really work the chains. Which means they can't afford mistakes and dropped passes.