• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ohio st receiver says would "wipe field" with bama or FSU

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking: Young, elite calibre athlete highly confident, competitive.

What do you expect him to say? "No, those guys would definitely beat us."
It's one thing to say "yes I think we could compete well and pull off a victory against either team"

But to say that the current top 2 teams couldn't even put up a competitive game against you, is another and it's dumb.

Don't think Bama or FSU (@ home) would be losing at the half and tied going into the 4th quarter against Iowa, like OSU did.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by ChicagoIrish
Nothing wrong with a player being confident in his team.

I like it.

:agree: :suds:

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it. Rustle everyone's jimmies.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's one thing to say "yes I think we could compete well and pull off a victory against either team"

But to say that the current top 2 teams couldn't even put up a competitive game against you, is another and it's dumb.

Don't think Bama or FSU (@ home) would be losing at the half and tied going into the 4th quarter against Iowa, like OSU did.

I don't think Ohio State would ever let a pathetic team like Boston College jump out to a 17-3 lead and finish with 34 points like FSU did.

I don't think Ohio State would need the 4th quarter to finally pull away from Colorado State at home like Alabama did.

See what I can do too? If this is your logic, you have a lot to learn about how football works.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just quoting tOSU fans in years past (and some others), how do we know how good tOSU is? This year aside MSU the B1G = AAC. When you dine exclusively on cupcakes, how do you know if you can eat the 64 oz. steak in 60 minutes. You say "no problem" but even a 10 point win in the Rose (even if it happens) pales to the two "real" teams in the NCG.

Despite how good you are, welcome to the world of "Teams that just punch 3rd graders in the gut".

CrimsonFan

Cashing Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama would skull fuck tOSU
They don't even belong in the convo

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With well over a month to prepare for one team, anything can happen. So ready for this playoff to begin b/c teams will only have the regular 4-5 days of preparation for the NC game.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ohio-state-crying-man1.jpg

628x471.jpg

how confident do you think these guys were?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just quoting tOSU fans in years past (and some others), how do we know how good tOSU is? This year aside MSU the B1G = AAC. When you dine exclusively on cupcakes, how do you know if you can eat the 64 oz. steak in 60 minutes. You say "no problem" but even a 10 point win in the Rose (even if it happens) pales to the two "real" teams in the NCG.

Despite how good you are, welcome to the world of "Teams that just punch 3rd graders in the gut".

Wisconsin, OSU and MSU are better than anything in the AAC. That much is obvious.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Ohio State would ever let a pathetic team like Boston College jump out to a 17-3 lead and finish with 34 points like FSU did.

I don't think Ohio State would need the 4th quarter to finally pull away from Colorado State at home like Alabama did.

See what I can do too? If this is your logic, you have a lot to learn about how football works.

Meh.

The difference is tOSU didn't beat a top 7 team 51-14 on the road. That's where you lose a little bit of credibility

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Well, I don't know enough about the X's and O's of college football. I do know, having been both a Southeastern Conference president and a Big Ten president, that it's like murderer's row every week for these schools. We do not play the Little Sisters of the Poor. We play very fine schools on any given day.
So I think until a university runs through that gantlet that there's some reason to believe that they not be the best teams to be in the big ballgame."

Famous last words...

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lesson: Don't ever be confident of a sure W when you're facing an Urban Meyer team.

Cryingtebow.jpg

Yeah that would be terrible to be confident and face Urban's teams.:laugh3:

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No maybe you would not have let BC do that, but you sure as hell let an even WORSE team score 34 on ya. Cal anyone?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No maybe you would not have let BC do that, but you sure as hell let an even WORSE team score 34 on ya. Cal anyone?

Meh, should've been 27. We had a LB have an INT deflect off of his chest and fly into the arms of a CAL WR on their last drive. Shit happens. Shit happens with every good team every year. It's absurd to look at them and say "well sure, you're unbeaten and have a top 10 scoring offense and defense, have talent all over the place and are led by one of the most elite coaches in the game over the past few decades, but that one game you didn't look really awesome in all facets, so that obviously means you aren't that good."

It's fucking retarded. I wasn't seriously trying to criticize Bama and FSU, I was pointing out how flawed that sort of logic is.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh.

The difference is tOSU didn't beat a top 7 team 51-14 on the road. That's where you lose a little bit of credibility

We haven't had the chance to. Clemson matches up horribly with us so it wouldn't shock me at all to see us do the same thing.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to lie...

tOSU is a great team. I think they could play with either of them (wipe the field? hell no. Slap that guy...). It's unfortunate that we will likely have an AQ school that goes undefeated 2 years in a row and doesn't get the respect they deserve simply because of a perceived weak SOS.

More than likely we are going to get an Oregon vs tOSU Rose Bowl and then you non believers will see just how good tOSU really is...

OSU is a good team. Very good, but they aren't "great". They just aren't. Praying for a shot at them.