• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oh fuck yeah!

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New coach, no Urlacher and vs supposedly a Super Bowl contender. It's only week one, so there's gonna be a tendency to downplay the win today. But I couldn't be happier. The O-line was far and away better than I'm used to. Bengals D-line is no Joke. Peanut and Jennings were on (you're not going to shut down Dalton to Green on Every play). Great composure and bounce back today. I like it, I like it a lot.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I support your exuberance, it can be tempered by looking at zero pass rush by our Bears, mediocre LB play, poor tackling, a few safety what are you thinking plays, a jay WTF moment, and some dropped passes.

Good win vs a quality team, but if we can't generate more of a pass rush and fix the tackling issues, this will be a long season.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the D-line did force 3 holding calls. Got pressure when it counted. They had one bad drive, the 3rd and 8, 10 and 13 drive. Like it or not, it's going take some time for the D to get used to not having 54 out there.

Cutler always has a WTF play OR 4. If he limits it to 1 per game I'll be happy. I liked the mix of run and pass. I liked the way Jay and the boys performed in the cluch. I ESPECIALLY LIKE HAVING A TE WHO CAN CATCH THE FUCKING BALL AGAIN.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the D-line did force 3 holding calls. Got pressure when it counted. They had one bad drive, the 3rd and 8, 10 and 13 drive. Like it or not, it's going take some time for the D to get used to not having 54 out there.

Cutler always has a WTF play OR 4. If he limits it to 1 per game I'll be happy. I liked the mix of run and pass. I liked the way Jay and the boys performed in the cluch. I ESPECIALLY LIKE HAVING A TE WHO CAN CATCH THE FUCKING BALL AGAIN.

The D actually had 3 bad drives 2 90+ & 1 80 yarder. Something I'm unfamiliar with. Don't know what Tucker was game planning for . But A J Green should have been THE PRIORITY. Evidently he wasn't.
If he was , I don't like our chances the rest of the year.

Baseballnut77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i felt like the D did a good job overall.Most of the missed tackles i saw were from briggs so i will chalk that up to a bad game(i believe he has earned that).First game for tucker so now he can make some adjustments though i would like to see some variants of the 46 on 3rd and longs. not full on pressure but maybe a linebacker lining up outside of shea or wooten and at least showing the possibility of a blitz and then every so often bringing the blitz. Ellis was a non-factor.I think over the long haul this D will be fine

C

cubzzzfanincali

The running game was the biggest problem. It didn't look good at all. But I thought the d played ok. Not remarkably, but ok. Cutler played pretty well too. Keep it up.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i felt like the D did a good job overall.Most of the missed tackles i saw were from briggs so i will chalk that up to a bad game(i believe he has earned that).First game for tucker so now he can make some adjustments though i would like to see some variants of the 46 on 3rd and longs. not full on pressure but maybe a linebacker lining up outside of shea or wooten and at least showing the possibility of a blitz and then every so often bringing the blitz. Ellis was a non-factor.I think over the long haul this D will be fine

If the plan was AJ Green will not beat us by himself, then the game plan worked only because the bears won. Green got away with a huge pushoff on Tillman for the wide open touchdown, but whined when he hit Tillman in the facemask and tillman hand fought on an incompletion. I dont like this using the lovie system and not changing anything. You would think the same Lovie coordinators were calling the defense yesterday. Usually the change in philosophy goes with the coach, not catering to the players. What won the game was the offense staying on the field in the fourth, otherwise a game winning drive for cincy was in the cards.

running bear828

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, much better game than I predicted. My prediction was a low scoring defensive game with the Bengals winning 14-10 & cutler getting sacked 2 times. Even that would have made me happy cause with the Bengals D, to only have 2 sacks would be triumph compaired to last years O-line. So I am exstatic about the win! I think the Bears D just thought it would be a cake walk considering the easy time they had this preseason. Hopefully they will bounce back next week.

RaptorII

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see a lot more of this offense unveiled in the coming weeks.
If you take Trestman's post-game statements about what the objectives were for this game at face value, and I do, the primary objective was to get the O-line some real-life experience and gauge their performance.
The priority was good protection.
If the line didn't hold up, they would have had to change protection schemes and that would have been nearly the entire focus of the game, -adjusting in order to protect.
I imagine the game plan was pretty simple, with the focus being on protection.
They have some good film to work with, and positive results to expand upon.
We'll see a lot more come down the pipe.

Lovie was an idiot.

RaptorII

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new regime, new game plan, and new personnel are all still in their infancy.
One game. One real game.
So far, very good progress in my eyes.
As many times as we have heard in the past from Tice, Martz, Lovie, et all "...it's a work in progress..." "...we are still installing our scheme..." "...we saw some good things to build on...."
-Those types of statement are absolutely true now, whereas before they were just rhetorical fluff.

Last edited by a moderator: