• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ogando

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well tonight is the final start for him if he can't get deep into the game. The biggest concern I had watching his last start is the complete lack of movement to his fastball. The guy has two pitches, so if the fastball is predictable then all you have to do is sit and wait for one in the zone.

The good news is that Feldman looks like a legitimate replacement for the last few weeks if it has gotten to that point.

Even an opposing manager stated that Ogando is a "two pitch"..... sucks.

This offseason he needs to learn an extra pitch or two.

I think CLE comes out swinging tonight and AO gives up 5ER in 5innings... (4 of those in innings 4 & 5). Which will cause a more to the bullpen for the rest of the season/playoffs.

Hope I'm wrong though...

Bullpen/Starters (in the playoffs....assuming the Rangers make it) would then look like: Feliz, Adams, Ogando, Uehara, Gonzalez, Oliver, Lowe, Feldman, CJ, Holland, Harrison, Colby

Tate gets bumped in place of Ogando...

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bullpen/Starters (in the playoffs....assuming the Rangers make it) would then look like: Feliz, Adams, Ogando, Uehara, Gonzalez, Oliver, Lowe, Feldman, CJ, Holland, Harrison, Colby

Tate gets bumped in place of Ogando...

You may be right ... but I think adding Ogando to the bullpen makes Lowe redundant ... and TEX may want to have a different looking RHP to turn to. Think that's why O'Day was out there last night.

So I think either ODay or Tateyama will be in Lowe's spot ... unless TEX decides to go without a dedicated long RP in which case Lowe may compete with Feldman for the final spot.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ogando could be the 7th inning guy we have been having trouble finding. Uehara and Tateyama have not been pitching well and unless something drastically changes between now and the end of the month I just don't have a great deal of trust in them in October. O'Day could be that guy too. He looked good the other night, and has been a key late inning setup pitcher for Texas up till this year. Ogando and O'Day could share those duties too with Adams as 8th inning guy and Feliz closing. I would feel pretty good with that.

We might as well get ready for the fact that Colby is going to be starting pitching in October. Ogando is not an option for an October rotation at this point in my opinion and we need a right hander. It may not be a bad idea to give Feldman one more look this month to see if he might be that option, but right now it looks to me like this may be what we're looking at.

CJ
Holland
Colby/Feldman
Harrison

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has at least one more start scheduled. I guess well wait and see how that goes.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ogando may come out of the pen the rest of the way. But I was impressed to see him bear down, get through 6, and get the win. I don't know what he really has left, but he showed something tonight, and may still be a big factor going forward for this season.

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Alexi gets that final start and then heads to the pen to lock down the 7th in the playoffs. No shame in his season. Should be at least the number 3 starter for several years if he can develope a reliable 3rd pitch.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have to wait and see. according to the schedule he's going to make a start against Oakland next week

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I still feel really good about having to choose between Alexi or Colby for the 4th spot in the rotation come playoff time.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still feel really good about having to choose between Alexi or Colby for the 4th spot in the rotation come playoff time.

is Colby even being considered? if he doesn't show something this road trip i wouldn't be surprised to see him left off the playoff roster, if we make it

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now who is the Negative Nelly?

Lewis will be on the post season roster either as a SP or long RP.

sorry but until we clinch it's still an IF. Colby has totally stunk the place up for nearly a month

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doesn't matter which right hander we take as a SP he will probably be the #3 pitcher instead of #4 to give teams a different look after what I can only assume will be CJ and Holland. Unless of course we are playing against a lineup that is predominantly left handed hitters in which case I could see Texas rolling out three lefties in a row as in CJ, Holland, Harrison as they have made Boston's offense look pretty minor league when they faced them.

In either case you still have to think Colby is being considered for that spot. He and CJ have the most postseason experience with Holland having some also, and Ogando just doesn't look like he's got enough left in the tank. Any coach would rather take experience in that situation. Colby can still keep you in the ballgame. Of course the flip side is I think most would agree Feldman could too.