• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ogando

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hate to say it but it looks like he's hit a wall and may be done for the season. i'd skip his next start giving him an extended rest and then see if he can bring it back

Lukawren24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I agree. I don't see this as him just hitting a rough stretch. I think his arm is just not there at this point. The way Scott pitched last night makes me think we will see him go for Alexi next time

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I don't see this as him just hitting a rough stretch. I think his arm is just not there at this point. The way Scott pitched last night makes me think we will see him go for Alexi next time

problem is, Wash used Harrison for 2 innings tonite and he was scheduled to pitch in the Boston series so it looks like Feldman will get that start

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't agree guys. He might be hitting the wall a bit but he is throwing the ball well. Good velocity. Good action on his pitches. Just not locating well and maybe the other teams has caught up to him a bit. He'll be alright. Just need to be skipped maybe once and maybe refine that control some. He does have a habit of throwing pitches in the same spot to every batter over and over and over. He is still learning how to pitch.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
problem is, Wash used Harrison for 2 innings tonite and he was scheduled to pitch in the Boston series so it looks like Feldman will get that start

I think he was scheduled to throw on the side anyway. They always throw between games and two easy innings probably not going to affect much; however, he still needs to get some time off. Unfortunately, the Angels are like a good Chucky doll. No matter how much you brutalize them they keep on coming back for more. :wacko:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ogando definitely needs a skipped start. His command is leaving way too much over the plate and he doesn't mix his pitches enough and throw his slider for strikes enough to keep hitters from sitting on his fastball. I don't think it is his arm, I think he needs to continue to learn to pitch. He was throwing plenty hard, just too hittable.

Colby needs a break too. His fastballs are coming in at 89mph. You just cannot make mistakes with that velocity. I think if he got a break he would get it back. I would still pitch Harrison for his next scheduled start. He didn't throw that many pitches. Scotty is pitching well and will probably be a big part of this team in September.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ginger, you may be right but he looked last night like he just didn't have anything. he threw a good 1st inning and 1st batter of the 2nd inning and then it was like he just suddenly lost it. i hope Wash is able to let Ogando skip a start but maybe just giving him an extra day maybe all he can afford to give him. i know CJ doesn't want any change to his cycle but maybe we insert Feldman into the rotation and rotate everyone else around CJ's normal cycle.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sept. 1 TB - CJ Wilson

Boston series - Holland, Lewis, Harrison

TB series - Feldman, CJ, Ogando

Oakland series - Holland, Lewis, Harrison

Cleveland series - CJ, Feldman, Ogando

Seattle series - Holland, Lewis, CJ

Oakland series - Harrison, Feldman, Ogando

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Ogando and have enjoyed rooting for him this year while he proved the "experts" all wrong and proceeded to have a very good season. I know his last couple starts have been rough but hopefully it's just a little hicup and he will return to form for the rest of the way.

Stinky Britches

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd love to see him take a week or so off and then decide if he's hit a wall

at least it's 40 guys now

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another thing that might help is the Rangers have 2 off-days in the next 2 weeks. they have an off-day after the 3 games at Tampa, play a 3 game series against the A's, have another day off and then play 3 against Cleveland

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think he was scheduled to throw on the side anyway. They always throw between games and two easy innings probably not going to affect much; however, he still needs to get some time off. Unfortunately, the Angels are like a good Chucky doll. No matter how much you brutalize them they keep on coming back for more. :wacko:

Agree with you Ginger. Harrison would have thrown 2 innings on the side yesterday anyway so should not affect him going Sunday. But I expect that TEX doesn't make the call on Ogando's scheduled Mon start until they see how Colby does on Sat.

If Colby goes deep without needing Hamburger ... then they know Hamburger can backup Harrison on Sunday ... which gives them the freedom to slot Scooter for Monday. If Colby falters ... and Hamburger goes several innings then TEX may wait until after the game Sunday before committing to Feldman for Monday or else they have no long relief backup.

If we haven't learned anything about TEX management of late ... they rarely get themselves into situations where they have only one option.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would like to see a couple of pitchers get a start skipped,,, need to get those arms back in shape for the play-offs ,,,if we can hold off the angels

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has had a pretty good season overall as a starter but it looks like he might be running out of gas. He might be more effective from the pen at this point. Would great to see him comeback tonight but it doesn't seem likely.

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i would like to see a couple of pitchers get a start skipped,,, need to get those arms back in shape for the play-offs ,,,if we can hold off the angels

The Rangers probably have this thing wrapped up before that final series, meaning they would rest everyone during that last series.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will today be his last start? Back to the bullpen?

i think it all depends on today's game. if he comes out and gives the Rangers at least 5 good innings maybe 6, Wash might give him 1 more start. he needs to show some fight :boxing:

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He has had a pretty good season overall as a starter but it looks like he might be running out of gas. He might be more effective from the pen at this point. Would great to see him comeback tonight but it doesn't seem likely.

Well tonight is the final start for him if he can't get deep into the game. The biggest concern I had watching his last start is the complete lack of movement to his fastball. The guy has two pitches, so if the fastball is predictable then all you have to do is sit and wait for one in the zone.

The good news is that Feldman looks like a legitimate replacement for the last few weeks if it has gotten to that point.