• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason news

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much new below, but just what I was thinking this morning

So we clearly have enough cap space to safely sign a player. All along i think most of us have been wanting a safety and I'd still love that. But, I find myself lately wanting Hankins more based on the news of the last month or so. I wanted him last year and he had a good season for Indy. With Collins a question mark for the beginning of the year and Irving out for 4 games I think he would be a great addition and even when everyone is back. He is big, but also quick for his size. I think he would be that run stopper we have been looking for the last few years to play on early downs. Plus he can push the pocket and disrupt the passing game and protect our LBs a little more by demanding a double team.

I know all of these guys are still saying they won't settle, but at some point they are going to lower their demands because no one wants to sit out the year. So between now and training camp in a couple of weeks I'd love to see either a safety or Hankins brought in. I'd be fine with a one year guaranteed deal on any of them if we are unsure about the long term, but they can all help us this year. With the type of offense we will run, field position will be key. It's tough to have 15 play 75 yard drives all of the time if we keep getting the ball deep in our zone. I think adding one key player to this defense would help get our D off the field and have a huge impact on our record. Also, still all in on a 3rd for Thomas, but i'm not giving more than that and then ALSO giving him a huge contract at his age. He would be another reason to go one year with a safety as he will likely be a FA next year if the teams wants to pursue him.

I like it. We need that big run stuffer. I also like the guys we have in the backfield (except for one). They are young and need to gel but got tons of action last year that made me want to hit the pause button on bringing in an expensive safety.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, still all in on a 3rd for Thomas, but i'm not giving more than that and then ALSO giving him a huge contract at his age. He would be another reason to go one year with a safety as he will likely be a FA next year if the teams wants to pursue him.

Agree, I'm all in on a 3rd, and not much more. From the outside looking in it looks like he will make himself available to the Cowboys next year in FA, so I wouldn't be inclined to sell the farm for him in a trade. That said I think this guy is the missing piece to this defense and I would love to have him this year. It could be a really special unit with Thomas manning the back end.

I'm not sure about Hankins. 2 teams in two years, although this last one may just be due to new regime in Indy. If he's cheap enough sure, but no big dollars IMO.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other offseason news, I am never drinking again

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other offseason news, I am never drinking again
Dude, I saw the video of you last night...You have some apologizing to do:suds::suds::suds:

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I saw the video of you last night...You have some apologizing to do:suds::suds::suds:
Luckily for me I don't believe there is video of my drunken behavior - my friends tell me that I didn't commit any cardinal sins, although I don't remember. Been quite a few years since I was last blackout drunk. All you can eat crab feast and all you can drink - simultaneously a great and terrible thing.

I was kicked out of a bar for the first time ever, at which point I promptly reenacted the scene from Half Baked when the Hispanic guy quit the fast food joint. Lost my card, then found it, then lost it again. Bought random people cigarettes because fuck me I was drunk, and I don't even smoke.

Some how I managed to not end up in the drunk tank. And yes, I do have some apologies to issue.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marquez White charged with 2nd degree assault with a deadly weapon.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cowboys CB Marquez White facing felony assault charge
Posted by Josh Alper on July 9, 2018, 5:31 PM EDT
gettyimages-607332498-e1531171839812.jpg

Getty Images

Cowboys cornerback Marquez White was arrested in Collin County, Texas last month on a charge of second degree aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

The charge is a result of what White described as a “road rage” incident last October that involved him flashing a gun at the driver of another car after an altercation when they were attempting to exit a highway.

“I eventually made my way in front of him and he proceeded to ride very closely and aggressively on my tail,” White said in a statement provided to the Dothan Eagle. “I hit the brakes to get him off of me and could then see him becoming very angry in my rear view mirror. He then sped up again and I hit my brakes again and after this time he pulled over to my driver side while still driving and proceeded to yell racial slurs such as the “N” word while also threatening to kill me. Simultaneously while doing this he began to reach towards his glove box and that is when I flashed my weapon. He then hit the brakes, got behind me, and proceeded to follow me to my house. Upon arriving at my house I exited my car and went into my home as he sat outside and contacted the authorities.”

White said no arrest was made at the time and adds that he believes the accusation is “a personal attack on my image as well as the Star” by someone he says has changed their story “multiple times” since the incident. White was released on a $7,500 bond after he surrendered to authorities in June.

White was a sixth-round pick out of Florida State last year and spent the regular season on the practice squad.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hit the brakes to get him off of me

Yeah, I bet. You got in front and slammed on the brakes to be an ass. He also managed to get in the obligatory statement that the other driver yelled the N word to try to get some sympathy and that he went to his glove compartment? This was the best though: “a personal attack on my image as well as the Star”. Hey Marquez, not many people even know who you are dude.

Not a "cuttable" Offense unless something more comes out about the gun, but at first blush his whole story reeks of BS to me.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to be clear I'm sure the other guy was wrong too and probably just as wrong. Who follows someone that flashes a gun at you unless you are a little unstable? Get a plate and get away. Im sure they were equally wrong. But I just meant White's story sounded like a load of BS, not that the other person was innocent

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, color me not surprised, a Cowboy is in the news for some dumb shit..again. Obviously have to let due process play out here. That said, why in the hell can this team not make it through one off-season without some sort of weapons charge or allegations of domestic violence, and/or assault charges?

It's really not that hard to not hit people or not pull guns on them. But then again half of these guys (or more) are running around juiced up so I guess it's a different ball game.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stemming from something that happened awhile back. If you believe his side, I think he might have done the right thing and I would have done the same. Not saying I believe his side 100%.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stemming from something that happened awhile back. If you believe his side, I think he might have done the right thing and I would have done the same. Not saying I believe his side 100%.
Correct...happened in October and charges filed June 15. Road rage is real shit and getting worse by the day.
White said this guy hollered racial slurs at him and followed him to his apartments.
Can't say who is in the right but why would this guy follow White to his home and now be the victim?
In addition, since Texas is a right to carry state, what is a person to do when feeling threatened?

I know my Dad is rolling over in his grave. He was of the mindset that you don't pull a gun unless you use it.
Different world and idiots are multiplying.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct...happened in October and charges filed June 15. Road rage is real shit and getting worse by the day.
White said this guy hollered racial slurs at him and followed him to his apartments.
Can't say who is in the right but why would this guy follow White to his home and now be the victim?
In addition, since Texas is a right to carry state, what is a person to do when feeling threatened?

I know my Dad is rolling over in his grave. He was of the mindset that you don't pull a gun unless you use it.
Different world and idiots are multiplying.

Says he flashed his pistol. That could have different meanings but I immediately thought he just pulled up his shirt to show other guy he had one and not really pulled it out.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says he flashed his pistol. That could have different meanings but I immediately thought he just pulled up his shirt to show other guy he had one and not really pulled it out.
While driving? Was the other guy 8' tall to see his waistband?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get road rage quite often and never carry a firearm in the vehicle. I know what happens during a road rage incident and I don't believe Whites story. Cowboys should use a 7th round pick on one of those dbs in the supplemental draft

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was when the guy followed him to house? re-read story and it said he pulled from glove box.
i was just kidding