• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason 2016-17

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking forward to the monthly declarations of the season's end in June, July and August.

I'm not looking forward to that, but I know it's gonna happen.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking forward to the monthly declarations of the season's end in June, July and August.

I'm optimistic that this year we shouldn't. If this team constructed to win a WS, who knows it's a little early to see about whether Felix can return to ace form, but this team is constructed to be a great (on paper) team at home.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Lewis update:
Just read he probably won't be back in action until all-star break. Actually surprised me a little, for some reason I thought he would be back closer to the start of the season. Regardless this injury has been a huge speed bump in his progression. I hope he gets back at full health and can actually get his career off the ground.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Lewis update:
Just read he probably won't be back in action until all-star break. Actually surprised me a little, for some reason I thought he would be back closer to the start of the season. Regardless this injury has been a huge speed bump in his progression. I hope he gets back at full health and can actually get his career off the ground.

Thanks for the update, was wondering about Lewis. UGH, I really think he was a steal in the draft, like the guy that everyone would later be saying, "HOW DID THAT MANY TEAMS PASS ON HIM!" and then a stupid injury.

UGHHHHHH, feel like the Ms can never catch a break in recent years (no pun intended).

Regardless, hopefully he pulls through it faster than expected and we can see this kid back in action.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Lewis update:
Just read he probably won't be back in action until all-star break. Actually surprised me a little, for some reason I thought he would be back closer to the start of the season.

Funny because I thought the same thing when I read this earlier. I always thought he was on schedule for start of their season, but apparently he was always scheduled for mid-season. As long as he comes back healthy, I am good with it but was a bit surprising.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny because I thought the same thing when I read this earlier. I always thought he was on schedule for start of their season, but apparently he was always scheduled for mid-season. As long as he comes back healthy, I am good with it but was a bit surprising.

The way Dipoto made it sound is that Lewis has just been rehabbing and spring training will be for more rehab then after spring training he'll start working on baseball skill rehab..at least that's the way I took it. I mean it was a pretty gruesome injury for a kid who's body isn't even fully developed yet, so my understanding that makes the surgery and recovery time harder to estimate.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Checked out fan fest again this year, pretty good time though Sunday sure was chilly. Some good interview sessions with Servais, DiPoto and Edgar. Didn't get there early enough for my son to get autograph vouchers, but we caught DiPoto in the concourse by chance and he was happy to sign my kid's ball.

Anyone know when single game tickets go on sale?

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Lewis update:

I was able to see him a couple of times in Everett last year and was very impressed. He just looked very confident at the plate. I couldn't recalll a guy that had me that excited, at least not in the Ms system. I was incredibly bummed when he got injured but seems like he has a good head on his shoulders and is determined to get back.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was able to see him a couple of times in Everett last year and was very impressed. He just looked very confident at the plate. I couldn't recalll a guy that had me that excited, at least not in the Ms system. I was incredibly bummed when he got injured but seems like he has a good head on his shoulders and is determined to get back.
Yeah I am excited about him too. I like how Dipoto drafts so I have a feeling we will be able to be more excited about a lot of our younger talent moving forward than we have in a long time. I'm looking forward to seeing how some of the guys drafted last year develop this season, I think we will be pleasantly surprised by some guys.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Checked out fan fest again this year, pretty good time though Sunday sure was chilly. Some good interview sessions with Servais, DiPoto and Edgar. Didn't get there early enough for my son to get autograph vouchers, but we caught DiPoto in the concourse by chance and he was happy to sign my kid's ball.

Anyone know when single game tickets go on sale?

March 11th. If you get Mariners Mail, there's a pre-sale on March 7th.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 days until pitchers and catchers report.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't see this coming, but probably should have. With veteran backups in place, the M's didn't need Sucre anymore. They're still hoping for a consistently good season from Zunino, but they seem to have a better safety net behind him now than they've had in a while.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Dipoto is basically saying this is a put up or shut up year for Zunino. With Sucre gone there isn't another option in AAA if he struggles is there?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Dipoto is basically saying this is a put up or shut up year for Zunino. With Sucre gone there isn't another option in AAA if he struggles is there?

Maybe it is a good sign for Tyler Marlette?

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucre was out of options anyway. With Ruiz and Gosewisch (1 option remaining) they didn't really need him.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Guti signs with Dodgers in case you missed it.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Guti signs with Dodgers in case you missed it.

I saw that. I hope he does well down there. It's sad that his body broke down so often when he was here that he never got a chance to live up to the potential we saw from him when he was healthy. He could have been as good as or better than Cammy if he'd been healthy.