• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OFFICIAL White Sox 2020 "60 Game Sprint" Season Thread

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go. FINALLY! We are MINUTES away from ACTUAL White Sox baseball. Games that matter.

Let's do it. Sucks we have to see Minnesota first, but it might be a good measuring stick for us to see where we are at.

Great pitching match-up between both aces. Giolito vs Berrios.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sit down - lean back and strap it down.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whuda thunk that both Giolito and Berrios would fail to make it to the 5th inning. But no doubt the Twins bats and pen way outperformed ours. Oh well, today's another day - hopefully we can even the score.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keuchel will be the stopper. Interesting move - starting Grandal last night when McCann caught him exclusively last season - and starting McCann tonight for Keuchel -when Grandal is the low pitch framer.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it looks like the Sox are going with Lopez tomorrow. And here I thought it was between Cease and Rodon. Actually, I'm glad Rodon is being held to face the Indians. Not taking the Tribe for granted, but Rodon does tend to give up the long ball and I was worried about him facing the Bomba Squad in his 2020 official debut.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good move by Ricky to get Lambert in for a debut inning - and slipping Collins in for an AB.

Also - good move to put Engle out in RF.

Game Ball to the battery - McCann and Keuchel - the hogs are back together again.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keuchel will be the stopper. Interesting move - starting Grandal last night when McCann caught him exclusively last season - and starting McCann tonight for Keuchel -when Grandal is the low pitch framer.

This just means that Grandal is our #1 catcher. Those guys generally get their rest day games after a night game. Nothing more to it than that.

I think Giolito can get acquainted with a catcher as smart as Grandal just fine. My thought had been that since Grandal is so much better hitting lefty - maybe schedule his days off against LHP (where McCann is better). That opposed to the standard day game after night game. I suppose we'll see where it goes. McCann certainly had a helluva day.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luis Robert is still on pace to beat Joe DiMaggio's consecutive games hitting streak. The first two are the hardest.

The Twins pitcher today is going to find out he won't have the same support in defense with the Twins behind him as he did with the Dodgers.

In one of those strange twists of life - Grandal is now the White Sox with the most pressure on him. He signed the big contract, but looked ragged in the opener while McCann looked like he is still an all star. I have faith in him as a player, but that is the current state of things.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luis Robert is still on pace to beat Joe DiMaggio's consecutive games hitting streak. The first two are the hardest.

The Twins pitcher today is going to find out he won't have the same support in defense with the Twins behind him as he did with the Dodgers.

In one of those strange twists of life - Grandal is now the White Sox with the most pressure on him. He signed the big contract, but looked ragged in the opener while McCann looked like he is still an all star. I have faith in him as a player, but that is the current state of things.
I know this season is a sprint, but I think only having just played one game is a bit early to be saying Grandal is under the gun. 58 games to go, I'm sure it will play itself out.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for my fellow Sox fans. Is the rebuild officially over? I think it may be, but then again think it isn’t. Curious what others thought about this.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for my fellow Sox fans. Is the rebuild officially over? I think it may be, but then again think it isn’t. Curious what others thought about this.
The only way the rebuild is not over is if we completely tank the season, as in a Tigers-Royals type of record, which I think is all but impossible. If anything, depending on where we stand at the 8/31 deadline, we might actually become buyers.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to think of a way that our season IS NOT over after today if Eloy and Moncada are out for 1-2 weeks.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uhhhhh Twins aint world beaters on D

But yeah....

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

20 runs worth of well framed pitches...lulz

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 runs worth of well framed pitches...lulz

You should definitely keep posting this ignorant shit because it's totally Grandal's fault that he didn't frame pitchers better when balls are landing in the bleachers.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s all hope this gets better, quickly. Playing Cleveland next is not making me feel very confident.