• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OFFICIAL White Sox 2020 "60 Game Sprint" Season Thread

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Engle on IL - perfectly healthy, but exposed outside of the clubhouse to someone who tested positive. Luis Gonzalez is up for a game or two. Good luck to Luis.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Engle on IL - perfectly healthy, but exposed outside of the clubhouse to someone who tested positive. Luis Gonzalez is up for a game or two. Good luck to Luis.

Sucks. Engel should AT LEAST be platooning right now with Mazara signing no signs of improving from his Texas days.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2020 MLB Standings | ESPN

Being in the green for the first time since 2012 makes me happy. Let's finish this season that way.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks. Engel should AT LEAST be platooning right now with Mazara signing no signs of improving from his Texas days.

Dude is worthless out there...Sad but true. Can I condemn him with your blessing? We're still in small sample size territory in richiland...But I'm ready to. He will rue the day he tarnished our beloved palehose with his sh*t play.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox 2nd to Min. in the American League for defensive runs save (Twins 15 - Sox 14 - MLB leader Dodgers 27).

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we're getting to the point where we can safely say we're good enough to bash the really sh*tty teams in baseball...Now we just gotta figure out that whole "beating the good teams" thing...

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we're getting to the point where we can safely say we're good enough to bash the really sh*tty teams in baseball...Now we just gotta figure out that whole "beating the good teams" thing...

I had the same thought last night.

I'm glad to see the bats come alive -and continue to hope that the pitching will stabilize. If that continues as a trend - these White Sox will be in the playoffs.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had the same thought last night.

I'm glad to see the bats come alive -and continue to hope that the pitching will stabilize. If that continues as a trend - these White Sox will be in the playoffs.

We got the Cubs coming up...

One Two Three "Not it" for being the one that takes it for the team with the Good Team Slumpbuster.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2020 MLB Standings | ESPN

Boston has the second worst record in the league right now...Despite that...ESPN still thinks they have 8X as much of a chance to make the playoffs than Seattle.

LOL...ESPN living up to its name.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greetings from back in V-Town. Been out of state due to a death in the family, and there weren't really any opportunities to post in here. But I kept up the best I could with the goings-on of our fun but inconsistent White Sox. Nice to be back.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greetings from back in V-Town. Been out of state due to a death in the family, and there weren't really any opportunities to post in here. But I kept up the best I could with the goings-on of our fun but inconsistent White Sox. Nice to be back.

Nice to have you man. I was like "WAT WAT WAT...WHERE'S OUR LSD for the past few days"

Sorry to hear about the family death. Went through that last year. Not good times. All the best.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to have you man. I was like "WAT WAT WAT...WHERE'S OUR LSD for the past few days"

Sorry to hear about the family death. Went through that last year. Not good times. All the best.
Thanks bro. Good to be back with my Sox family and posting a lot of worthless opinions.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda scratched my head over this one. Not that there's anything wrong with having a good defensive OFer for late inning replacement purposes. One can imagine a scenario where late in a game in which we have a lead (hopefully on many occasions), and having this guy teamed with Robert and Engel to patrol the outfield. That would make for one helluva defensive shield out there, likely as good as any in baseball.

But pitching still ranks as a greater need at this point, so if Hahn is out there shopping, I hope it's with that in mind.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda scratched my head over this one. Not that there's anything wrong with having a good defensive OFer for late inning replacement purposes. One can imagine a scenario where late in a game in which we have a lead (hopefully on many occasions), and having this guy teamed with Robert and Engel to patrol the outfield. That would make for one helluva defensive shield out there, likely as good as any in baseball.

But pitching still ranks as a greater need at this point, so if Hahn is out there shopping, I hope it's with that in mind.

If you have the roster space - that's a great defensive outfield - agreed.

Plus the Sox the amount of money here wouldn't even buy a fraction of a Cuban player.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have the roster space - that's a great defensive outfield - agreed.

Plus the Sox the amount of money here wouldn't even buy a fraction of a Cuban player.
Yeah, the Sox forked over less than a quarter mil for this guy's services. In baseball terms, that's virtually a freebie. BTW, as a result, Delmonico has been DFA'd to make room for Dyson on the roster. Could this be the end of the Nicky D era?

And in bigger news, Nick Madrigal has been removed from the IL. To make room for him, the Sox optioned Collins to the Schaumburg practice site.

Last edited:

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Sox forked over less than a quarter mil for this guy's services. In baseball terms, that's virtually a freebie. BTW, as a result, Delmonico has been DFA's to make room for Dyson on the roster. Could this be the end of the Nicky D era?

And in bigger news, Nick Madrigal has been removed from the IL. To make room for him, the Sox optioned Collins to the Schaumburg practice site.

That is a lot of speed and defense added. Getting ready for the playoffs - you want a pinch runner who can steal a base like Dyson. Someone you could also put out in left field for the sake of Eloy's health.

I think Nick Madrigal will find a way to have a role in the Sox outcomes of the near future.

I think they keep Delmonico around Schaumberg, but I suspect he will not have roster space next year.

I don't know what to say about Collins and his future. I think he gets his shot to catch games next year.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a lot of speed and defense added. Getting ready for the playoffs - you want a pinch runner who can steal a base like Dyson. Someone you could also put out in left field for the sake of Eloy's health.

I think Nick Madrigal will find a way to have a role in the Sox outcomes of the near future.

I think they keep Delmonico around Schaumberg, but I suspect he will not have roster space next year.

I don't know what to say about Collins and his future. I think he gets his shot to catch games next year.

Nicky D will have a shot at signing with some other club. If no one is interested, it wouldn't surprise me if the Sox take him back and stash him in Schaumburg. As for Collins, I've been feeling since ST that he could be used as trade bait in some sort of package if the Sox played well and were looking for an experienced vet to bolster the team - either during the trade deadline period or the offseason. Unfortunately for Collins, he's kinda lost in the organization at this point, being being that we remain relatively heavy in C/1B/DH personnel, in both the parent roster and the farm.