• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OFFICIAL WEEK 7 GAME THREAD: BEARS AT REDSKINS

Sportsmen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garcon the #1 WR... Nobody even near him....

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garcon the #1 WR... Nobody even near him....

Total coverage breakdown.

This sucks... we had all of the momentum after the Hester return. Then that fumble bounces back to the Skins.

WHY DO FUMBLES BOUNCE RIGHT BACK OPPOSING TEAMS THIS YEAR!

Sportsmen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We call a time out. Nobody is even covering a guy, and then we bring conte to cover and he does nothing......

Wow this game is just awful....

Please cutler please be OK because we need you....

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler only pulled groin!

Questionable return.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler a groin injury. When they said he couldn't even walk and had to be lifted onto a table, I thought maybe he had a broken hip or something and done for the season. This is very good news and a big relief. Bye week coming up, so at the most he will just miss the rest of this game and then be back. God Bless...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler a groin injury. When they said he couldn't even walk and had to be lifted onto a table, I thought maybe he had a broken hip or something and done for the season. This is very good news and a big relief. Bye week coming up, so at the most he will just miss the rest of this game and then be back. God Bless...

Talk about a huge relief. Jeez. I thought he was finished.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Cutler will not return.

That's that... you would think.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course Robbie misses right there, when he never does. EVER.

Of course...

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to applaud the Bears for battling the way they did with Cutler, Briggs and Tillman not in the game. It also doesn't say much for the Redskins that they struggled so much to beat a Bears team that was without so many top players. Bears fall to 4-3, but so did the Lions. So no reason to worry too much. Bye week at a good time to get these players healthy and ready for the big games against the Packers and Lions in a few weeks.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to applaud the Bears for battling the way they did with Cutler, Briggs and Tillman not in the game. It also doesn't say much for the Redskins that they struggled so much to beat a Bears team that was without so many top players. Bears fall to 4-3, but so did the Lions. So no reason to worry too much. Bye week at a good time to get these players healthy and ready for the big games against the Packers and Lions in a few weeks.

I'm not worried about their standing in the division. I'm worried about this defense not being able to stop anyone, even with Briggs and Tillman in there. I'm worried that we're staring 4-6 right in the face with GB, DET, and BAL coming up. If we can win one of those, I'll be happy.

McCown played great, but without Cutler, this team doesn't stand a chance against teams like that. If his groin is torn, he'll be out for a month or so.

I mean, this offense is finally clicking, and now our defense is pitiful. The defense was unreal for over a decade. I mean, Jesus Christ... it doesn't get more frustrating than that.

I can't see this team doing much of anything with the way this defense looks.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about their standing in the division. I'm worried about this defense not being able to stop anyone, even with Briggs and Tillman in there. I'm worried that we're staring 4-6 right in the face with GB, DET, and BAL coming up. If we can win one of those, I'll be happy.

McCown played great, but without Cutler, this team doesn't stand a chance against teams like that. If his groin is torn, he'll be out for a month or so.

I mean, this offense is finally clicking, and now our defense is pitiful. The defense was unreal for over a decade. I mean, Jesus Christ... it doesn't get more frustrating than that.

I can't see this team doing much of anything with the way this defense looks.

Baltimore doesn't look very good at all this season. I look at it that if the Bears can win one of the next two (Packers or Lions) to get to 5-4, they'll be in pretty good shape with a long stretch of weak schedule after that. The Lions and Packers don't look all that strong either. It'll probably come down to the last week or two of the season, with all 3 teams having a chance.

But it really does suck for Cutler if Chicago's defense is bad this season. Back in Denver, Cutler and the Denver offense was very good but they missed the playoffs because the defense was terrible. In Chicago the last few years, the defense was good but Cutler wasn't surrounded with any talent on offense. Now he FINALLY has good talent around him on offense in Chicago, but the defense is going south? Just Cutler's luck that the defense sucks just when the offense is taking off. He has yet to be surrounded by a team with both good offense and defense in his career. He's the hardest luck QB I've seen. People talk about him making the playoffs only once, but it really has been bad luck that has kept him from making it more. I hope he makes it this year. Chicago defense needs to get it together. You'd think they'd at least be decent with players like Briggs and Tillman leading the way.

Last edited by a moderator:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baltimore doesn't look very good at all this season. I look at it that if the Bears can win one of the next two (Packers or Lions) to get to 5-4, they'll be in pretty good shape with a long stretch of weak schedule after that. The Lions and Packers don't look all that strong either. It'll probably come down to the last week or two of the season, with all 3 teams having a chance.

But it really does suck for Cutler if Chicago's defense is bad this season. Back in Denver, Cutler and the Denver offense was very good but they missed the playoffs because the defense was terrible. In Chicago the last few years, the defense was good but Cutler wasn't surrounded with any talent on offense. Now he FINALLY has good talent around him on offense in Chicago, but the defense is going south? Just Cutler's luck that the defense sucks just when the offense is taking off. He has yet to be surrounded by a team with both good offense and defense in his career. He's the hardest luck QB I've seen. People talk about him making the playoffs only once, but it really has been bad luck that has kept him from making it more. I hope he makes it this year. Chicago defense needs to get it together. You'd think they'd at least be decent with players like Briggs and Tillman leading the way.

Yeah, it's just the pass rush that is brutal. Peppers seems to be over the hill. QB's have all day to sit back, and our front four really get pushed around on run plays. We're playing DE's at the the 3 technique now... it's gotten bad with the injuries to Melton, and then Collins. Our other DT. Both ACL tears.

Who knows... maybe something can be adjusted, and this defense can play inspired ball coming out of the bye. If they can just be serviceable, this team has a real shot at winning some games. But yes, Cutler really can't ever catch a break. Stinks... I really want to him to succeed here. The press loves tearing him to pieces, but honestly, the guy plays SO HARD, and I think is really just misunderstood and misrepresented by the media. He's an introvert... the press and the NFL likes guy's they can market. Guy's who are vocal. Cutler's just not that guy. He's not ra-ra. However, he is intelligent, and he does lead his guys well.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough loss for you guys and an ugly win for us. Very sorry about the injuries, hope the bye week helps you all recover. You guys are a good team and I'm sure you'll be bouncing back.

Hail

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fucking bears.

I'd love blame the refs for this one (exactly who was offside on the onside kick?) but with tillman and conte falling down in the endzone with a perfectly intercept-able ball and no spy all day on RGIII, there were plenty of opportunities to win today. Just didn't get it done. Oh, well. There are plenty of teams (including the redskins) who would love to be 4-3.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fucking bears.

I'd love blame the refs for this one (exactly who was offside on the onside kick?) but with tillman and conte falling down in the endzone with a perfectly intercept-able ball and no spy all day on RGIII, there were plenty of opportunities to win today. Just didn't get it done. Oh, well. There are plenty of teams (including the redskins) who would love to be 4-3.

Considering Cutler's injury. 4-3 isn't such a good place to be in. We're going to have to AT LEAST split the next four to six without him to stay legitimately alive.

@GB is a lost cause without Cutler. DET at home is winnable, but I wouldn't pick us without Cutler. BAL at home is very winnable, they don't look good. As is STL on the road.

Then, if the injury is over a month, which it sounds like it could be. @MIN, vs DAL, and @CLE would be two months.

Can we play above .500 ball without Cutler with that schedule? IDK... it will be tough. The defense is really going to have to get healthy and figure shit out fast. Which I'm not counting on.

This is starting to look like a 7-8 win season.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network just stated that the Bears signed Jordan Palmer, and that Cutler's injury "doesn't look good", and that the Bears will have to go without him for the "foreseeable future".

:pout:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network just stated that the Bears signed Jordan Palmer, and that Cutler's injury "doesn't look good", and that the Bears will have to go without him for the "foreseeable future".

:pout:

Yeah, saw that on twitter a little while ago.

The thing is, "Doesn't look good" could mean a month, or it could mean the season.

Either way, they had to sign a QB. So that doesn't really mean anything. If McCown would have went down today, Micheal Bush or Devin Hester were going to be taking snaps at QB.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, saw that on twitter a little while ago.

The thing is, "Doesn't look good" could mean a month, or it could mean the season.

Either way, they had to sign a QB. So that doesn't really mean anything. If McCown would have went down today, Micheal Bush or Devin Hester were going to be taking snaps at QB.

Either way...it is a big blow to an already injury-depleted team.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way...it is a big blow to an already injury-depleted team.

Yeah, but the rest of the injuries that ailed the Bears today should be cleared up after this bye week.

The next six games are:

@GB
vs DET
vs BAL
@STL
vs MIN
vs DAL
vs CLE

They could split those games if McCown can play similarly to how he did today. He looked confident and pretty comfortable. I realize it was the Redskins, but if Cutler's out a month, I think McCown can handle Baltimore and STL.

That would have us at 6-5 with MIN, DAL, CLE, and PHI coming up. All winnable games if healthy with Cutler back.