• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Raw thread

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She isn’t a heel on paper. But the fact you hate her is an emotion that wrestling needs. The pro wrestling world needs you to like her or hate her, not not talking about her like countless wrestlers on any roster.

fans talk about nia jaxx a lot too because she sucks slightly less than Becky

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have many thoughts about mike trouts marketing ability, but the bottom line is he doesn’t want to be the face of mlb.

he wants to play, get paid, and go home to his wife (I believe his house in NJ js next door to his parents, dude is like opie but with with 400 foot bombs, lol)
Well ya, he isn’t the dude who is the face of baseball. But there isn’t a single metric that doesn’t say he is the best player of all time at his age. Which isn’t the point though, just saying audience isn’t the end all be all. Wrestlers today sucking numbers wise isn’t necessarily the fault of them but numerous reason such as the previous generation, media, the US government etc.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair. Best payoff is one thing. But you said best story in wrestling history .
In history I guess in context. If the payoff for a storyline is to create the biggest hyped match in history I suppose is a way to argue it. There have been great television shows that have been cancelled because no one cared.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fans talk about nia jaxx a lot too because she sucks slightl less than Becky
Fair, but what fans care about Nia? I guess this is from just personal experience but no one can even pronounce Nia correctly.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In history I guess in context. If the payoff for a storyline is to create the biggest hyped match in history I suppose is a way to argue it. There have been great television shows that have been cancelled because no one cared.
It’ll be hard to compare the buyin rate for a single ppv vs the steaming views since you’re already paying for the whole month now f peacock.

I’m curious if they’ll keep Roman like this for another year. How long can they keep it up and be interesting when they keep making him a cowardly heel.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well ya, he isn’t the dude who is the face of baseball. But there isn’t a single metric that doesn’t say he is the best player of all time at his age. Which isn’t the point though, just saying audience isn’t the end all be all. Wrestlers today sucking numbers wise isn’t necessarily the fault of them but numerous reason such as the previous generation, media, the US government etc.

no, but being a draw is a bigger part of the deal in wrestling. The problem is no one is a draw like the old days, but you also will never have anyone who is that bog of a draw again. Vince is against it and the world too full of pc little bitch sjw pussies to ever get back to those heights

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’ll be hard to compare the buyin rate for a single ppv vs the steaming views since you’re already paying for the whole month now f peacock.

I’m curious if they’ll keep Roman like this for another year. How long can they keep it up and be interesting when they keep making him a cowardly heel.
PPV buys sure, but by the time that Wrestlemania will take place, Wrestlemania will most likely not be on the network. Still even then ya the numbers won’t there. But they can still keep track of how many eyeballs watch a streaming device at one time and I truly think the Rock coming back for a match would draw more eyes than AEW and NXT get combined for a month.

I really think they started the storyline under the assumption that things would be back to full open for the LA Dome show which got pushed back a year. But seems more and more likely LA won’t get a Wrestlemania until they have been open for quite awhile IMO.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, but being a draw is a bigger part of the deal in wrestling. The problem is no one is a draw like the old days, but you also will never have anyone who is that bog of a draw again. Vince is against it and the world too full of pc little bitch sjw pussies to ever get back to those heights
Well the last part is true. But eventually WWE or AEW are going to have to do a storyline about SJW’s and do a USA/Canada style feud.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PPV buys sure, but by the time that Wrestlemania will take place, Wrestlemania will most likely not be on the network. Still even then ya the numbers won’t there. But they can still keep track of how many eyeballs watch a streaming device at one time and I truly think the Rock coming back for a match would draw more eyes than AEW and NXT get combined for a month.

I really think they started the storyline under the assumption that things would be back to full open for the LA Dome show which got pushed back a year. But seems more and more likely LA won’t get a Wrestlemania until they have been open for quite awhile IMO.

i totally agree th at Vince thought he’s be doing this mania in la in front of a packed house.

and yea rock/TC Roman would be a massive draw.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the last part is true. But eventually WWE or AEW are going to have to do a storyline about SJW’s and do a USA/Canada style feud.

the first part is true. It’s why they got guys going by names like riddle instead of Matt riddle and why Vince is taking over 3rd party platforms.

he wants control of everything.
It’s like how espn wants it’s talent to be part of espn but espn still be the main draw

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the first part is true. It’s why they got guys going by names like riddle instead of Matt riddle and why Vince is taking over 3rd party platforms.

he wants control of everything.
It’s like how espn wants it’s talent to be part of espn but espn still be the main draw
Well I don’t disagree with Vince’s business model though. Why shouldn’t he own everything if he is the one that spent the money to turn them into a star? Off of the top of my head I don’t think he “owns” any IP of wrestlers who came into the company as stars, no offense Daniel Bryan. As well as I don’t disagree with them making WWE the star instead of an individual who can walk away. The WWE is essentially any professional sports franchise where you root for the name on the front not the back.

His whole independent contractor thing is going to be fascinating to see how it plays out in court because I completely disagree with wrestlers becoming employees or unionizing.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I don’t disagree with Vince’s business model though. Why shouldn’t he own everything if he is the one that spent the money to turn them into a star? Off of the top of my head I don’t think he “owns” any IP of wrestlers who came into the company as stars, no offense Daniel Bryan. As well as I don’t disagree with them making WWE the star instead of an individual who can walk away. The WWE is essentially any professional sports franchise where you root for the name on the front not the back.

His whole independent contractor thing is going to be fascinating to see how it plays out in court because I completely disagree with wrestlers becoming employees or unionizing.

oh I don’t disagree. They are building their brands on wwe’s platform.

but we live in a world where people think Uber drivers should be employees...soooo I can never bank on anything in this world

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh I don’t disagree. They are building their brands on wwe’s platform.

but we live in a world where people think Uber drivers should be employees...soooo I can never bank on anything in this world
Well the Uber thing I think is dumb. I understand why people are upset with WWE that wrestlers aren’t employees and don’t get medical coverage and all that. But they are the definition of what an independent contractor is. Their body is their company, just as any trade job. Issue with the argument IMO is that 99.9% of independent contractors if they make money on the side when they are locked into a certain project do it under the table which you cannot with wrestling. I get the insurance part that they want but all WWE has to do is put one more sentence next to owning the IP in the contract, is put you have to do X for X months before you are eligible.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Uber thing I think is dumb. I understand why people are upset with WWE that wrestlers aren’t employees and don’t get medical coverage and all that. But they are the definition of what an independent contractor is. Their body is their company, just as any trade job. Issue with the argument IMO is that 99.9% of independent contractors if they make money on the side when they are locked into a certain project do it under the table which you cannot with wrestling. I get the insurance part that they want but all WWE has to do is put one more sentence next to owning the IP in the contract, is put you have to do X for X months before you are eligible.

why not just split the revenue. Some kind of revenue share seems like a win win.

and it Should let you lower yourself guarantees, in theory

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why not just split the revenue. Some kind of revenue share seems like a win win.

and it Should let you lower yourself guarantees, in theory
They had a revenue share pre Covid though. If you got over, you got more money. It is how fans always forced their hand into pushing guys. Fans can hijack shows all they want but until attendance or merchandise goes up then there is no point in WWE pushing a guy they don’t want. The network has cut into the PPV money but IMO Ryback’s vision of wrestling pay is dumb and has been proven twice throughout history with Crockett promotions and WCW.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had a revenue share pre Covid though. If you got over, you got more money. It is how fans always forced their hand into pushing guys. Fans can hijack shows all they want but until attendance or merchandise goes up then there is no point in WWE pushing a guy they don’t want. The network has cut into the PPV money but IMO Ryback’s vision of wrestling pay is dumb and has been proven twice throughout history with Crockett promotions and WCW.

I meant the 3rd party platforms

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant the 3rd party platforms
I get that, but I totally agree with WWE squashing those. As an independent contractor in any normal walk of life it is the same exact way. If you say something that pisses the boss off on twitch or whatever you can be let go, let alone what happened with AJ Styles that started the whole thing. But I am curious how it plays out in court, because people like Cornette despise wrestling being called Sports Entertainment but that is where the genre has always been, it isn’t a legitimate sport because they don’t want the athletic tax, but aren’t “entertainment” enough to join SAG. Which was why it was brilliant Vince got Fox on board along with the real NBC on onboard to split the legal fees of fighting the federal government. Would suck for WWE but I would love to see the NY backlash if WWE “unionized” wrestlers and employees then run MSG where it would put out all of the union workers that work MSG.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that, but I totally agree with WWE squashing those. As an independent contractor in any normal walk of life it is the same exact way. If you say something that pisses the boss off on twitch or whatever you can be let go, let alone what happened with AJ Styles that started the whole thing. But I am curious how it plays out in court, because people like Cornette despise wrestling being called Sports Entertainment but that is where the genre has always been, it isn’t a legitimate sport because they don’t want the athletic tax, but aren’t “entertainment” enough to join SAG. Which was why it was brilliant Vince got Fox on board along with the real NBC on onboard to split the legal fees of fighting the federal government. Would suck for WWE but I would love to see the NY backlash if WWE “unionized” wrestlers and employees then run MSG where it would put out all of the union workers that work MSG.

i think it’s hard to say they aren’t entertainment enough to be SAG. I mean wwe is basically soap opera plus action movie plus improv.

I thought Orton was the one who done f’d up on twitch or some crap like that.

I just mean they should work to make more money for themselves and the wrestlers on those platforms. It should be a win win scenario

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think it’s hard to say they aren’t entertainment enough to be SAG. I mean wwe is basically soap opera plus action movie plus improv.

I thought Orton was the one who done f’d up on twitch or some crap like that.

I just mean they should work to make more money for themselves and the wrestlers on those platforms. It should be a win win scenario
From my understanding, which may be wrong, it was AJ’s son who buried the company not knowing it because he is a kid is what caused the issue. I don’t think at the core of the issue is wrestlers making money, it is they can do stuff that hurts the company.

The union stuff IMO, isn’t even realistic because it would implode on itself.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my understanding, which may be wrong, it was AJ’s son who buried the company not knowing it because he is a kid is what caused the issue. I don’t think at the core of the issue is wrestlers making money, it is they can do stuff that hurts the company.

The union stuff IMO, isn’t even realistic because it would implode on itself.
Oh I was referring to Orton dropping the N word lol