• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Raw thread

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't break up The Shield, I think that would be a mistake.

It dont really matter to me whether they do or not. All 3 of them are future main eventers IMO. Reigns is definately gonna be Cena sucessor and Ambrose has the potential to be the #1 heel. I would let this face turn they are on last till aroumd Summerslam

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It dont really matter to me whether they do or not. All 3 of them are future main eventers IMO. Reigns is definately gonna be Cena sucessor and Ambrose has the potential to be the #1 heel. I would let this face turn they are on last till aroumd Summerslam

I'm fine with them breaking up The Shield but not to build up Evolution. To me, Evolution is basically The Main Event Mafia in reverse. Just as there was no point in having a Main Event Mafia once The Aces & 8's broke up, there would be no need to have Evolution if you break up The Shield.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the IC tournament is a great thing, maybe they do the same for that basically vacant us belt. still think its best to combine them, but for christs sake, when are they gonna just have one world heavyweight belt already?

Caught the end at 10, lawler made good point, never bothered the shield when they went 3 on one against anyone. I just dont know. Evolution is gonna think this is over with the beat down and maybe go back to bryan when he gets back because otherwise they will be off bryan for a while, I cant see that happening.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the IC tournament is a great thing, maybe they do the same for that basically vacant us belt. still think its best to combine them, but for christs sake, when are they gonna just have one world heavyweight belt already?

Caught the end at 10, lawler made good point, never bothered the shield when they went 3 on one against anyone. I just dont know. Evolution is gonna think this is over with the beat down and maybe go back to bryan when he gets back because otherwise they will be off bryan for a while, I cant see that happening.

I had no problem with the 11 on 3 beat down of The Shield, nor did I mind the ensuing beat down at the hands of Evolution (I enjoyed watching both in fact). I felt it was a good way to reintroduce Evolution into the mix of things. All of a sudden Randy Orton & Batista don't seem so bad. I look forward to seeing what this Evolution vs The Shield leads to.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this misplayed the Evolution return. Having HHH come out in his corporate suit didn't really inspire the same pop that an Evolution reunion should have. Also, having Orton and Batista get whooped earlier in the show didn't help either. They definitely need to add someone to the mix.

Kane donning the mask again is cool, but it makes no sense that he'd still be a corporate tool once he's back to the big red monster. Masked Kane requires he be a loner. I can't really see him still being a COO, lol.

A few things I loved though: BAD NEWS BARRETT!!!! He put in a ton of work last night and it was great. Also, PLEASE do not drop the "I"m afraid I've got some bad news..." bits. This needs to happen each time he shows up. He's getting a good pop from the crowd, which is hilarious since he berates them every chance he gets.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
an always drunk Ric Flair (which he is now) as GM would be awesome.

Poor guy since he lost his son is always drunk.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're over analyzing & overestimating theWWE here. Chances are that Evolution goes nowhere from here. Just a short term rivalry with The Shield, like Corporate Kane & the NAO's.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evolution didn't get a huge pop because there's no reason to get one. It's not like they're an all time great group. They weren't together very long and spent most of that time fighting each other. Plus, Orton and Batista became bigger deals afterwards so the group only looks impressive in retrospect. Don't get me wrong, they're fine for what they're doing now but the reunion isn't anything earth shattering

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish they would have waited to bring back Evolution after the entire Authority thing had officially run its course, AND I wish they would have brought in a younger superstar that Triple H could feed his ego through and just push to the top.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evolution isn't going to go anywhere. They'll feud with The Shield until Extreme Rules, then go their separate ways.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evolution was brought back together to put the Shield over at Extreme Rules and plus their really isnt anymore heel stables for them to feud with since they already have with the Wyatts so thats why Evolution was brought back.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also in August all WWE logos will permanately be changed to the one used on the Network. Also a new WWE Unified title will be unveiled with the new logo on it the belt will have same design as the WWE title does now just the new logo in the middle will be different.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also in August all WWE logos will permanately be changed to the one used on the Network. Also a new WWE Unified title will be unveiled with the new logo on it the belt will have same design as the WWE title does now just the new logo in the middle will be different.

Wish with the revamping they'd also bring back the TV-14 rating. Let's just go with an entirely new makeover and go back to what works.

EVEN if the rating is TV-14 doesn't mean you have to go back to the Godfather type characters or the practically pr0n WWE was putting out there, or the extremely ridiculously risqué storylines like the Katie Vick storyline. But it just gives the WWE more options with able to amp up shit.

Like having wrestlers cuss on TV, or showing blood in a match, etc.

And kids are going to watch the damn product regardless the rating. For Godsake your flagship show is on from 8-11 PM on A MONDAY NIGHT!!!! And your product is aimed at PG kids?!?!?! It's a fucking school night Vince! What parent is thinking, "OH! Because its a PG Show (keeping in mind its still violent show) ill let my child stay up to almost midnight on a school night to watch it. But Hell NO if its TV-14)

IMO your target market does not change if its tv-14 or PG...Kids are going to watch it regardless. I remember sneaking out into the family room to watch RAW from the 10-11 O'clock hour because I was suppose to be in bed by 10.

Again, no need to go back to hoes and "Puppies" or Katie Vick type storlines. You keep the same storylines as you have now, but at least add some needed emotion and anger into them.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish with the revamping they'd also bring back the TV-14 rating. Let's just go with an entirely new makeover and go back to what works.

EVEN if the rating is TV-14 doesn't mean you have to go back to the Godfather type characters or the practically pr0n WWE was putting out there, or the extremely ridiculously risqué storylines like the Katie Vick storyline. But it just gives the WWE more options with able to amp up shit.

Like having wrestlers cuss on TV, or showing blood in a match, etc.

And kids are going to watch the damn product regardless the rating. For Godsake your flagship show is on from 8-11 PM on A MONDAY NIGHT!!!! And your product is aimed at PG kids?!?!?! It's a fucking school night Vince! What parent is thinking, "OH! Because its a PG Show (keeping in mind its still violent show) ill let my child stay up to almost midnight on a school night to watch it. But Hell NO if its TV-14)

IMO your target market does not change if its tv-14 or PG...Kids are going to watch it regardless. I remember sneaking out into the family room to watch RAW from the 10-11 O'clock hour because I was suppose to be in bed by 10.

Again, no need to go back to hoes and "Puppies" or Katie Vick type storlines. You keep the same storylines as you have now, but at least add some needed emotion and anger into them.

Vince said they changed it because 40% of viewers were women and children. That means 60% of viewers are men who want cussing and blood. I just dont get why WWE changed its programming content to appease the Minority of their viewing audience.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evolution was brought back together to put the Shield over at Extreme Rules and plus their really isnt anymore heel stables for them to feud with since they already have with the Wyatts so thats why Evolution was brought back.

Agreed.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vince said they changed it because 40% of viewers were women and children. That means 60% of viewers are men who want cussing and blood. I just dont get why WWE changed its programming content to appease the Minority of their viewing audience.

Because that 60% will watch even with the PG-13 stuff. Meanwhile the 40% won't watch if they bring back the NC-17 stuff.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about it. The WWE crowd seriously SUCKS when its woman and children in the audience. Sorry, but its the truth. Last nights crowd was reported to be a lot of little kids and the crowd was absolutely dead. They don't get these side comments nor do they get who these former popular wrestlers are or who these former stables were .Evolution got NO pop at all and they were one of the biggest stables in the last 2 decades in the WWE.

But you look at like the post Mania crowds that past 2 years and they have been predominately older males. Those crowds are super hot. And IMO, a hot crowd can make or break a show. Reason RAW seems to boring most the time is because the crowd isn't engaged, because that crowd make up is mostly woman and children.

You get these marks out there and those crowds are intense and can make RAW really entertaining.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing I would have changed from the TV-14 programming is no more chair shots to the head cause that can fuck someones brain up. Everything else was perfect.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing I would have changed from the TV-14 programming is no more chair shots to the head cause that can fuck someones brain up. Everything else was perfect.

What about when HHH f*cked Kane's girlfriend's brains out? That was sort of bad IMO.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about when HHH f*cked Kane's girlfriend's brains out? That was sort of bad IMO.

You mean Katie Vick? Yea that was wrong and Ithink WWE got in trouble and dropped that angle real quick if Im not Mistaken.(no pun intended)