• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Raw thread

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an absolutely horrible way to end a decent raw. What a stupid story line.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Officially the worst Raw in years.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Authority sucks. The crowd needed to start chanting....Booooooring!

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was absolutely horrendous. So now we have a bunch of heels and no faces on Raw?

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible ending. Gotta think Daniel Bryan is about to explode back onto the scene.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible ending. Gotta think Daniel Bryan is about to explode back onto the scene.

Something has to happen. You just "fired" 3 faces. 2 of them are among the top faces you have right now in Ziggler and Ryback.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit show was shit

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I thought was most alarming during this raw was how quiet the crowd was when Rollins and the authority were speaking. Very little reaction when they came out or did their promos. Quiet equals failure!

Awful show, awful product!

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone threw out the idea that Ryback, Ziggler and Rowan would team up with Sting in an NWO style thing where they just kind of came in and wrecked havoc.......please God no.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone threw out the idea that Ryback, Ziggler and Rowan would team up with Sting in an NWO style thing where they just kind of came in and wrecked havoc.......please God no.

That would probably work. I think we were all waiting for what HHH was expecting for all of them to turn on cena and beat on him. Thought the punishment of the matches was gonna be enough.

Wasting Cesaro away in a tag team again, against the happy brotherhood.

This triple threat for the title though, should cost him the briefcase since he is getting the match when he wants it. I see Rollins allowing Brock to manhandle sting and wait for an opportunity to slide in for the pin. Eventually he loses the match and cashes in and wins anyway.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Raw sucked last night so much as it was awkward. What I mean by that is the process (the content, matches, etc) was pretty good but the end result left a lot to be desired. Essentially every storyline from the last 3 or 4 months reset back to its starting point (Authority back, Usos are tag champs again, Brock is back to fight Cena, etc etc). It's just a weird dynamic and puts a big damper on things. But its the start of Mania season which is typically WWE's strong point so hopefully it'll pick up and we can pretend all this never happened (cuz apparently that's what WWE is doing).

BTW, The Ascension is hot garbage. It's actually an embarrassment that WWE would even put them on the main roster. NOTHING about them works, NOTHING. They are even fundamentally flawed. They dress and act like a power team, yet they have two very different body types. That gimmick could work if say Ryback and Big E were dressed like that (two jacked up dudes) but not when you have one tall guy that isn't all that cut and another who is visibly smaller than him. They're the most ridiculous thing WWE has done in some time.

the thing that got me was announcing them at 400 whatever pounds. Body types are still kinda in line with the legion of doom, animal power stocky, little definition, Hawk cut and chiseled like a statue. This is slapping the face of LOD.

I haven't been paying any attention to the WWE lately but I was interested in the Ascension since they were compared with the Road Warriors. But after watching them I am more confused and disappointed than anything.

First off, they announced them at 498# in one match and 502# in another (not 400). They announced also the bigger guy as 298# and the smaller guy at 240 or 245#, so someone's math is really bad.

In the promo they cut they stated directly "First there was the Road Warriors, then there was Demolition, now there is Ascension" (or something to that effect). To directly try to establish the team along those lines when they do not have the physically intimidating stature of those "legendary" teams (Road Warriors = GOAT, especially early in their career before they went to WWF, but Demolition was certainly lesser IMO) is pretty ridiculous. The RWs/Demolition were all about intimidation and there is very little intimidating about these two guys. They don't display outrageous power and their work in the ring looked pretty average. The crowd was pretty quiet during their entrance and during their matches.

Add to this the fact that you just cannot work as stiff as the Road Warriors used to. People used to actually be scared to get in the ring with them back in their Georgia/NWA/AWA days because they would literally hurt their opponents, particularly if they were jobbers. You just can't do that these days.

Back to their physical stature: They should have at least gotten them cut as hell before introducing them into the WWE. If I was involved I would have told them to take a few months leave and go HGH up like crazy and then come back before debuting. It is hard to have the RW/Demolition type team these days when the 'roids are not allowed.

Their interviews are not good either. A cheap imitation of Demolition style interviews.

They should have them hit the ring running and on the attack every time. No interview clips pre-match. And then have them go down and grab the ringside mics after the match and spit out some quick lines and move one. They are just not that charismatic at this point, so less would be better.

Disappointing, but not only their fault. The WWE is handling them very poorly, as they do with so many.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been paying any attention to the WWE lately but I was interested in the Ascension since they were compared with the Road Warriors. But after watching them I am more confused and disappointed than anything.

First off, they announced them at 498# in one match and 502# in another (not 400). They announced also the bigger guy as 298# and the smaller guy at 240 or 245#, so someone's math is really bad.

In the promo they cut they stated directly "First there was the Road Warriors, then there was Demolition, now there is Ascension" (or something to that effect). To directly try to establish the team along those lines when they do not have the physically intimidating stature of those "legendary" teams (Road Warriors = GOAT, especially early in their career before they went to WWF, but Demolition was certainly lesser IMO) is pretty ridiculous. The RWs/Demolition were all about intimidation and there is very little intimidating about these two guys. They don't display outrageous power and their work in the ring looked pretty average. The crowd was pretty quiet during their entrance and during their matches.

Add to this the fact that you just cannot work as stiff as the Road Warriors used to. People used to actually be scared to get in the ring with them back in their Georgia/NWA/AWA days because they would literally hurt their opponents, particularly if they were jobbers. You just can't do that these days.

Back to their physical stature: They should have at least gotten them cut as hell before introducing them into the WWE. If I was involved I would have told them to take a few months leave and go HGH up like crazy and then come back before debuting. It is hard to have the RW/Demolition type team these days when the 'roids are not allowed.

Their interviews are not good either. A cheap imitation of Demolition style interviews.

They should have them hit the ring running and on the attack every time. No interview clips pre-match. And then have them go down and grab the ringside mics after the match and spit out some quick lines and move one. They are just not that charismatic at this point, so less would be better.

Disappointing, but not only their fault. The WWE is handling them very poorly, as they do with so many.

I ageree it's not their fault. Whoever wrote that promo for them last night on Raw should be fined and suspended (flips quarter to Jessie Ventura-hope he doesn't sue me for more). Two guys who have done nothing on the main roster should NOT be calling the Road Warriors a "joke". And before you write the line find out if both guys can do the RW "What a Rush line in Hawlk's voice (the big guy couldn't).

The return of the Authority is just way too soon. We all knew they'd be back somethime but in just 34 days is just way dumb. And to have HHH say last night it was less than 2 months (What a stretch)since we got banned was just as dumb as the Ascension's promo. Wonder if it was the same writer....hmmmmmm!

And maybe it's just me but if you're fired from the company for good (for no reason) why wouldn't you run up the isle and take off HHH's head on the way out the door and not just stand in ther ring with dumb looks on your faces acting like you have no idea what to do?????? They all knew this could happen when the Authority came back (they said so leading upto the PPV match) and they had a whole week to plan their reaction. You have a big power guy who's supoosed to be a monster and a another big guy who was supposed to be crazy unto a month ago in the ring and they don't go berserk and tear the place apart. Give me a break.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an absolutely horrible way to end a decent raw. What a stupid story line.

Right! Why fire them and not keep them on the roster so you could make their lives and jobs a living hell for a while. No one believes fired storylines any more. The last time Cena was 'fired' (during the Nexis storyline) he showed up the very next week and continued to fight with the heels (Nexis) like he was still on the roster. Heck, the Authority was just technically fired and they're back after being gone just a month. You could tell the crowd was going "fired? Yeah right, sure they are".

I was expecting Sting to come out and say not so fast, I was put over you/TV by the Board of Directors while you were fired from running TV/PPV.

And where was Brock or least Heyman to complain about being put into a triple threat match where he could lose the title without being pinned/submitted!!!??? I guess one or both of them will show up next week to protest the 3-way match.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like sting to come back with this baseball bat in the rafters. I kinda felt that Sting was not to happy to be around cena, so maybe he is the one that wants cena out side of his group and this was the way to go about it.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "firing" of Zig, Ryback and Rowan will last maybe a week. I lost track of how many fake firings there have been in the WWE. I think Big Show has been fired 52 times. Next Raw should have these guys coming out of the crowd for sneak attacks and getting some revenge or Vinny Mac showing up to reinstate them.

Ascension needs to just stop. I agree they lack the power, mechanics, etc of RW/Demolition. They are the opposite of intimidating: they look like clowns.

What's up with Daniel Bryan? Is he truly recovered, or just making a cameo at the Rumble where he's treated with kid gloves? If he's really back, now would be a good time for him to makes triumphant return and start battling the authority.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one that feels that The Ascension is just a Road Warriors Rip-off???

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right! Why fire them and not keep them on the roster so you could make their lives and jobs a living hell for a while. No one believes fired storylines any more. The last time Cena was 'fired' (during the Nexis storyline) he showed up the very next week and continued to fight with the heels (Nexis) like he was still on the roster. Heck, the Authority was just technically fired and they're back after being gone just a month. You could tell the crowd was going "fired? Yeah right, sure they are".

I was expecting Sting to come out and say not so fast, I was put over you/TV by the Board of Directors while you were fired from running TV/PPV.

And where was Brock or least Heyman to complain about being put into a triple threat match where he could lose the title without being pinned/submitted!!!??? I guess one or both of them will show up next week to protest the 3-way match.

Seriously? Who gives a shit about Brock. That fool can't talk to save his life. He should ever have been brought back to be champ. Championship belt has meant nothing since Brock got it. Brock is paid well to do squat. Heyman is a windbag and puts me to sleep.