• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say you're half right.
He didn't want them.

Why would they worry about insulting a player they clearly didn't want?
It wouldn't undermine anything if they could validate it with reason, which obviously you are saying they had.

If anything, by not offering, they would have made a real statement.

I agree it would have made a real statement, but it was a statement no team can make by themselves. From the perspective of future max FA's, it would look bad because they had said all season that they were going to offer him the max. If they suddenly offered him less or simply said "Piss off, we don't want you" it would look bad to other players. So, they basically went through the motions and he left.

You can stick to what you think all you want, but people who were in the room said it was obvious that no one wanted to be there. It was mutual.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what happened with the meeting with Dwight. But given the shit storm he caused in Orlando, and the crap that's coming out in how great of a teammate he and Harden is in Houston; I wouldn't doubt that trojan is accurate on this subject. Dwight is ultra talented, but his attitude leaves something to be desired. I heard two years ago that Popovich reemed him during an all-star game practice given his attitude.

The Lakers probably saw what they were going to get with Dwight and put up a minimal effort in an attempt to resign him, just to appease the Lakers fans that actually wanted him around. Mitch and Jeanie have been around for many titles and know what it takes to build a championship contender. They probably recognized that there was a limit to where they could go with Dwight, that didn't involve a championship in their future.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So espn forecast has the Warriors finishing 7th & Houston finishing 8th

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the 4 Heat/Cavs match-ups this season

Christmas Day- Cleveland @ Miami
February 11th- Miami @ Cleveland
March 16th- Cleveland @ Miami
April 2nd- Miami @ Cleveland

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what happened with the meeting with Dwight. But given the shit storm he caused in Orlando, and the crap that's coming out in how great of a teammate he and Harden is in Houston; I wouldn't doubt that trojan is accurate on this subject. Dwight is ultra talented, but his attitude leaves something to be desired. I heard two years ago that Popovich reemed him during an all-star game practice given his attitude.

The Lakers probably saw what they were going to get with Dwight and put up a minimal effort in an attempt to resign him, just to appease the Lakers fans that actually wanted him around. Mitch and Jeanie have been around for many titles and know what it takes to build a championship contender. They probably recognized that there was a limit to where they could go with Dwight, that didn't involve a championship in their future.

And I obviously wasn't in the meeting, so my info is just off of what those who were, have said. For all I know, everyone in the room cried and begged him to stay and the people who spoke were trying to help the Lakers save face.:lol:

End of the day, he's the Rockets problem now and in the long run, that's good for the Lakers.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I obviously wasn't in the meeting, so my info is just off of what those who were, have said. For all I know, everyone in the room cried and begged him to stay and the people who spoke were trying to help the Lakers save face.:lol:

End of the day, he's the Rockets problem now and in the long run, that's good for the Lakers.

To clarify, I don't think they were at all devastated that he left.

They might have even been anticipating it, so possibly they felt whatever they offered didn't matter because they knew he was leaving.

Still, to offer anyone a 5 year max is beyond risky if you clearly don't want him.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which one of these teams are the warriors clearly better than and should finish several wins above?

Dallas
Memphis
Portland
Clippers

Not clearly better but better than everyone there besides the clips. #4 in the nba in point differential last year. Best starting 5 last year. Improved bench, improved offensive system and coaching

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which one of these teams are the warriors clearly better than and should finish several wins above?

Dallas
Memphis
Portland
Clippers

None.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that any of those teams finishes 6-8th.

Somebody has to drop:noidea:.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not clearly better but better than everyone there besides the clips. #4 in the nba in point differential last year. Best starting 5 last year. Improved bench, improved offensive system and coaching

The Warriors are clearly better than the Clippers?

:omg:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 3-5 defense to go along with a possible 7-10 offense should put them at 4 seed atleast

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had you said " yes", it would have been reasonable.

Those two Teams are pretty evenly matched.

Even with my extreme homerism, I can acknowledge that.

Warriors really matchup well with clippers especially on defense

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're high. The only team I will put them ahead of for sure is Portland. Memphis, Dallas, and Golden State are all pretty even IMO