• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about him but decided to go w/ Davis at the last second.

I Love the unibrow.

But, he needs to eat about 50 cheeseburgers if he's gonna play Center.

Now, he doesn't have to worry about that because he has Asik.

If healthy, the Suns and Pelicans could fight for the 8th seed.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Under.

It's the West, Wamu.

Too many Teams improved.

52 wins sounds about right.

There are no more gimme games in the West.

Even the bottom feeders, Sacto, Utah got better.

Good point, the W will be brutal once again.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Love the unibrow.

But, he needs to eat about 50 cheeseburgers if he's gonna play Center.

Now, he doesn't have to worry about that because he has Asik.

If healthy, the Suns and Pelicans could fight for the 8th seed.

50 cheeseburgers might not be enough. He might just be one of those athletes that's thin. Kinda like Tayshaun (spelling?) Prince. Although more talented.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,021.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, Mecca and WAMU.

Congrats, Mecca.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 17,021.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Pierce I was surprised he went to Washington. I really thought he was gonna go back home, reunite w/ Doc & finish his career as a Clipper.

Me too.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, Mecca and WAMU.

Congrats, Mecca.

Hey DJ. And what the hell man:noidea: why didn't you congratulate me!?!?!? My Browns just got the x-factor they need, Rex Grossman! The NFL is officially on notice...LOOK OUT!

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50 cheeseburgers might not be enough. He might just be one of those athletes that's thin. Kinda like Tayshaun (spelling?) Prince. Although more talented.

Agreed.

He's big enough to play the 4.

He's lighter than some.

But, his cat like reflexes and agility are off the charts.

As a finished product, he will be Serge Ibaka on Meth:lol:

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 17,021.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey DJ. And what the hell man:noidea: why didn't you congratulate me!?!?!? My Browns just got the x-factor they need, Rex Grossman! The NFL is officially on notice...LOOK OUT!

They have Manziel, Hoyer, Thigpen and Grossman.

An embarrassmentof riches!!!

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better shooter by far.

These types of statements don't bother me.

He's supposed to be confident even though he is clearly insane:yahoo:.

Lol I don't agree with him either but top 5 rpm players last year

1. Lebron
2. Curry
3. Durant
4. Paul
5. Harden

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have Manziel, Hoyer, Thigpen and Grossman.

An embarrassmentof riches!!!
Thigpen was let go to make room for Grossman. Not sure if I've ever seen an NFL team have 4 QB's on their roster at once.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C-mon man. You know damn well the Buss family wanted him to stay in LA.

Jeanie even said so herself:

"I've had a few people say, 'You guys are better off without him.' But do you know who those people are? People from other NBA teams, because they don't want us to have that kind of talent," Buss said. "I myself believed that you always want to hold on to talent. I was disappointed that Dwight chose to leave. Certainly he was well within his rights, with free agency. I just don't agree with his decision."

Asked why she didn't attend the Lakers' final pitch meeting to Howard, Buss said, "Dwight knew how I felt. I made it clear to Dwight that I wanted to help him become the player he was meant to be, a championship player."

What was she supposed to say? Fuck Dwight, I'm glad he left? Look at the difference in how the Lakers handled the recruiting of Dwight vs. 'Melo.

With Dwight, they hung a couple of ridiculous posters, Jeanie didn't bother to be there, Kobe barely spoke to him and D'Antoni didn't speak to him at all. It's said that the tension in the room was palpable.

With 'Melo, not only was Jeanie there, they held the meeting in her office. AEG was there with a very professionally done video and apparently offered Lala her own show. Kobe flew in from Europe specifically to meet with and help recruit 'Melo. 'Melo was said to have been very impressed with what the Lakers showed him and it ultimately came down to the Lakers or Knicks.

Hell, the Lakers knew they had no shot at Lebron and they put more effort into recruiting him than they did Dwight.

The Lakers FO was done with Dwight about the time he got his ass booed off the floor when he intentionally fouled out of game 4 vs. the Spurs. They couldn't just come out and say it so they put minimal effort into trying to keep him. The effort says it all.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was she supposed to say? Fuck Dwight, I'm glad he left? Look at the difference in how the Lakers handled the recruiting of Dwight vs. 'Melo.

With Dwight, they hung a couple of ridiculous posters, Jeanie didn't bother to be there, Kobe barely spoke to him and D'Antoni didn't speak to him at all. It's said that the tension in the room was palpable.

With 'Melo, not only was Jeanie there, they held the meeting in her office. AEG was there with a very professionally done video and apparently offered Lala her own show. Kobe flew in from Europe specifically to meet with and help recruit 'Melo. 'Melo was said to have been very impressed with what the Lakers showed him and it ultimately came down to the Lakers or Knicks.

Hell, the Lakers knew they had no shot at Lebron and they put more effort into recruiting him than they did Dwight.

The Lakers FO was done with Dwight about the time he got his ass booed off the floor when he intentionally fouled out of game 4 vs. the Spurs. They couldn't just come out and say it so they put minimal effort into trying to keep him. The effort says it all.

I have to disagree with you on this one.

First of all, no team is going to recruit a FA they are hoping to get from a different team the same way they are going to try to resign one they already had.

And, if you are offering any player a max contract, you want them.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to disagree with you on this one.

First of all, no team is going to recruit a FA they are hoping to get from a different team the same way they are going to try to resign one they already had.

And, if you are offering any player a max contract, you want them.

Disagree all you want. Dwight didn't want to be there and the Lakers didn't want him. From everything out here that leaked from that meeting, it was obvious. People who were in the room said they'd never seen anything like it and that it was a very uncomfortable meeting.

The Lakers HAD to make a max offer to him. They had said from the start that they would pay him the max. Anything less would have been an obvious insult and could undermine recruiting future max FA targets.

Also, considering that Dwight was said to be unsure whether or not he wanted to stay from day 1, if the Lakers truly wanted him to stay, they would have been sure to pull out all of the stops to recruit him.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree all you want. Dwight didn't want to be there and the Lakers didn't want him. From everything out here that leaked from that meeting, it was obvious. People who were in the room said they'd never seen anything like it and that it was a very uncomfortable meeting.

The Lakers HAD to make a max offer to him. They had said from the start that they would pay him the max. Anything less would have been an obvious insult and could undermine recruiting future max FA targets.

Also, considering that Dwight was said to be unsure whether or not he wanted to stay from day 1, if the Lakers truly wanted him to stay, they would have been sure to pull out all of the stops to recruit him.

I say you're half right.
He didn't want them.

Why would they worry about insulting a player they clearly didn't want?
It wouldn't undermine anything if they could validate it with reason, which obviously you are saying they had.

If anything, by not offering, they would have made a real statement.

I think Howard weighed both options and just felt that Houston was the better situation at that time.

Last edited by a moderator: