• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is absolutely relevant. As turnup tried to explain to you.

The Lakers get $200 million dollars from Time Warner every year. That is before any other revenue from any other source. That is the richest t.v. deal in the NBA. That means they are at a financial advantage before any other revenue is added. It's part of the reason why the Lakers are one of few NBA teams that actually turn a profit every year.

If the Cavs have get $50 million in t.v. revenue and the Lakers get $200 million, the Lakers are already at a $150 million advantage. If each team gets $10 million in merchandise money from the league, the Lakers are still at a $150 million advantage.

It's pretty basic math.

The Lakers haven't been making cost cutting moves until this coming season. There is this thing called a salary cap. They are getting the team under the cap, so that they can sign a couple of max level players over the next couple of seasons as they have to be under the cap to do that. Once they have those players signed, they can then go over the cap to fill the roster.

How is it possible that you can't understand any of that?

they were under the cap this year

i dont understand at all i guess- i mean they offered Howard the Max, LeBron the max, Carmelo the Max, Bosh the max, Dirk the max- i thought everyone wantd to come to LA?

and take 50 million RIGHT off the top of that for revenue sharing- which is the amount the Lakers cut a check to the league

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2012/2013 LAkers 90M
2013/2014 LAkers 77M
2014/2015 Lakers projected 73M

once big daddy Buss went away- and now its the kids in charge that have to split the team- they arent so hot on paying a ton of extra luxury tax money out there

You really are this clueless, aren't you? How is it possible that you can't grasp that they have to get under the cap in order to sign max FA's over the next couple of seasons?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion 2013 the Heat were better but in 2014 the Spurs were. Heat role players produced more in 2013 and our defense was better in 2013. In 2014 Ray shot poorly, Battier was god awful, and this was a bad defensive team.

It was slightly above average defense but I thought they didn't try ?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every other team in the NBA has a 200 million a year TV deal?

:bullshit:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i dont understand at all i guess- i mean they offered Howard the Max, LeBron the max, Carmelo the Max, Bosh the max, Dirk the max- i thought everyone wantd to come to LA?

and take 50 million RIGHT off the top of that for revenue sharing- which is the amount the Lakers cut a check to the league

Players do want to come to LA. Kobe Bryant has something to do with it though. The guys you mentioned want to be in title contending scenarios, but want to make their money. Kobe Bryant taking up a significant portion of the cap is factor.

I wouldn't start talking crap too much, because 2016 is right around the corner.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was slightly above average defense but I thought they didn't try ?

Now you're putting words in my mouth. Not trying and not caring about the regular season are 2 different things. They did try but they were not going to treat a game on January 8th in Detroit as a playoffs game. The intensity was lacking and every Heat fan will tell you that. The way they slept walk through the season is the reason why the defense was so poor. When you play a certain way for most of the season you can't expect to flip a switch and become some great defensive team in the playoffs.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really are this clueless, aren't you? How is it possible that you can't grasp that they have to get under the cap in order to sign max FA's over the next couple of seasons?

o yah.... they were getting under the max to sign LeBron or Melo -- OR BOTH right?? i mean i swore i read that somewhere ... or was it Bosh? According to Tom Haberstroh from ESPN, Chris Bosh received “strong” offers from a number of teams, including the Lakers

or was it for Kevin Love who just asked to be traded to Cleveland and has supposedly agreed to a wink wink deal to sign there...?

i remember the paul george rumors 18 months ago thatwere shot down pretty quick

tony parker ? who just signed longterm with the Spurs???

or was it Durant? who still has 2 more years left after this one

or was it Kyrie Irving now that Byron Scott is there?

just who are these "max players" the Lakers are signing? I would be VERY interested to know

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players do want to come to LA. Kobe Bryant has something to do with it though. The guys you mentioned want to be in title contending scenarios, but want to make their money. Kobe Bryant taking up a significant portion of the cap is factor.

I wouldn't start talking crap too much, because 2016 is right around the corner.

who in 2016 is going to come to the Lakers so that they are even comparable to the other team in their own building that has Blake and Cp signed up long term?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you're putting words in my mouth. Not trying and not caring about the regular season are 2 different things. They did try but they were not going to treat a game on January 8th in Detroit as a playoffs game. The intensity was lacking and every Heat fan will tell you that. The way they slept walk through the season is the reason why the defense was so poor. When you play a certain way for most of the season you can't expect to flip a switch and become some great defensive team in the playoffs.

I do remember you saying a year ago that they flip switches whenever they needed to. I remember it was the first round of the playoffs against the bucks some here said that not just you

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow, you're like a 5 year old talking about how he can beat up Superman.

The Lakers brought Dwight in thinking he would be the guy they'd build around. By the time it came to re-sign him, they were done with him. Their effort to re-sign him came down to hanging a couple of posters and saying "we'll give you the max". Jeanie didn't even bother to attend the meeting.

Lebron was never going anywhere but Cleveland or Miami. Carmelo came close, but in the end he chose home and more money. Both went exactly where everyone, including the Lakers, figured they would. The Lakers never seriously pursued Dirk or Bosh. Bosh was signed for more than the Lakers could pay him to stay where he's comfortable and Dirk isn't leaving Dallas for any amount of money.

Mice try at a childish deflection. You'd make yourself look better if you'd just admit that you're wrong about the Lakers and what they can pay.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4:45am arrives too quickly. Have fun.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, you're like a 5 year old talking about how he can beat up Superman.

The Lakers brought Dwight in thinking he would be the guy they'd build around. By the time it came to re-sign him, they were done with him. Their effort to re-sign him came down to hanging a couple of posters and saying "we'll give you the max". Jeanie didn't even bother to attend the meeting.

Lebron was never going anywhere but Cleveland or Miami. Carmelo came close, but in the end he chose home and more money. Both went exactly where everyone, including the Lakers, figured they would. The Lakers never seriously pursued Dirk or Bosh. Bosh was signed for more than the Lakers could pay him to stay where he's comfortable and Dirk isn't leaving Dallas for any amount of money.

Mice try at a childish deflection. You'd make yourself look better if you'd just admit that you're wrong about the Lakers and what they can pay.

I am just asking you...

who then?

not Love, not Parker, not George, not Aldridge, not Bosh, not Dirk , not LeBron, not Melo, not Harden, not Dwight, not Curry, not Rose, not CP, not Blake,

who? who makes them even a fly on the clippers ass?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
o yah.... they were getting under the max to sign LeBron or Melo -- OR BOTH right?? i mean i swore i read that somewhere ... or was it Bosh? According to Tom Haberstroh from ESPN, Chris Bosh received “strong” offers from a number of teams, including the Lakers

or was it for Kevin Love who just asked to be traded to Cleveland and has supposedly agreed to a wink wink deal to sign there...?

i remember the paul george rumors 18 months ago thatwere shot down pretty quick

tony parker ? who just signed longterm with the Spurs???

or was it Durant? who still has 2 more years left after this one

or was it Kyrie Irving now that Byron Scott is there?

just who are these "max players" the Lakers are signing? I would be VERY interested to know

Dude, you're out on an island here. Everyone on here is telling you that you're wrong and now you are desperately trying to deflect.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do remember you saying a year ago that they flip switches whenever they needed to. I remember it was the first round of the playoffs against the bucks some here said that not just you

I don't see why flipping a switch that year would be necessary considering they went on a 27 game win streak and won 66 games. This past season they played with a different intensity as well but unfortunately playing with a different intensity can't help your defensive rotations. They made quick work of Charlotte, Brooklyn, and should have ended Indy in 5 also. The spurs just had tremendous ball movement and the heat defensive rotations were way too late

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We gave Lakers fans crap for this when they were coming off their title in 2010 and Lakers fans gave us the same crap in 2013 saying it would come to haunt us someday - boy were they right in 2014.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just asking you...

who then?

not Love, not Parker, not George, not Aldridge, not Bosh, not Dirk , not LeBron, not Melo, not Harden, not Dwight, not Curry, not Rose, not CP, not Blake,

who? who makes them even a fly on the clippers ass?

At this point you are either trolling or intentionally trying to destroy what little credibility you have. If you're trolling, you won't be here much longer.

What does who they might sign have to do with it? That's not what we're discussing. We're discussing the money they have. You have said that they can't afford to pay luxury tax like other teams and have been proven wrong.

So now, you're trying to deflect to something else. It's time for you to man up and admit you were wrong.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point you are either trolling or intentionally trying to destroy what little credibility you have. If you're trolling, you won't be here much longer.

What does who they might sign have to do with it? That's not what we're discussing. We're discussing the money they have. You have said that they can't afford to pay luxury tax like other teams and have been proven wrong.

So now, you're trying to deflect to something else. It's time for you to man up and admit you were wrong.

they dont have the money that other owners have.

honestly please answer me this- you HONESTLY think that the Buss family trust can spend in the same stratosphere as Paul Allen, as Mikkail Prokorohov, as Dan Gilbert, as Mickey Arison- this collection of men who are among the richest men in the world-

you are saying that the Buss family trust has an advantage spending wise over them

I just want to clear that up and make sure that is what you are saying because i cant believe it

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Buss net worth: Dr. Jerry Buss was an American entrepreneur and professional sports team owner who had a net worth of $600 million. Jerry Buss earned the majority of his net worth as the owner of the Los Angeles Lakers basketball team. He was also the former owner of the Los Angeles Sparks (WNBA), the Los Angeles Kings (NHL), and the Los Angeles Lazers (soccer). B

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they dont have the money that other owners have.

honestly please answer me this- you HONESTLY think that the Buss family trust can spend in the same stratosphere as Paul Allen, as Mikkail Prokorohov, as Dan Gilbert, as Mickey Arison- this collection of men who are among the richest men in the world-

you are saying that the Buss family trust has an advantage spending wise over them

I just want to clear that up and make sure that is what you are saying because i cant believe it

The thing you're not realizing is that the luxury tax will not get into the billions that you're making it seem like it is. This isn't baseball - there is a cap.

The Buss family doesn't make their money simply off the Lakers alone. As trojan mentioned, they do have real estate ventures that Dr. Buss profited off of.

It's like arguing with a child here.