• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait you really think Kyrie is top 30 player in the league?:L

An All Star, All Star MVP, numerous game winners, and finally with some talent surrounding him, you'll see how good he can be. I think the Kyrie (Cleveland) haters will finally be put out of their misery.

Doesn't mean he's an all star. He doesn't make the all star team in the west. He's not better than john wall who I think is a way more complete player

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol he shoots the rock and handles it well, that's all he does well

He is a shorter James Harden.

But, everyone seems to think he's the top SG in the NBA.

So, why is Kyrie different?

There are not 29 guys better than Irving.

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait you really think Kyrie is top 30 player in the league?:L

Without a doubt. One of the top 3-4 PG's in the league at the age of 22. Hasn't even reached his prime yet and already made the all star team and won MVP of it. That's the kind of show you'll see now that he has some talent around him.

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't mean he's an all star. He doesn't make the all star team in the west. He's not better than john wall who I think is a way more complete player

Kyrie is better than Wall. Wall can't shoot the 3 and plays out of control quite a bit. He has also been on a team with better players around him that KI.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which explains why last season was the fewest OFF RPG he avg in his career. You're talking like the only way to grab rebounds is on offense. His perimeter shots has absolutely nothing to do with defensive rebounds which is where most of his rebounds come from. His offensive rebounds numbers been dropping for 3 years now

with him playing inside more next year now that he is with a team that HAS actual 3 pt shooters like LeBron, Kyrie, Waiters, Miller- he could have EVEN MORE rebounds next year-

think about that! its a scary proposition waht you just said- he LED THE LEAGUE in boards even though since his teamsucked and he was forced to step outside and shoot so many 3's- he lost out on a bunch of offensive rebounds, probably about 1.5 a game!

thats just nuts!

the Cavs strengths next year:

1. Rebounding- they are DEFINITELY a top 3 rebounding team, and maybe the best in the league with Love, Varejao, LeBron, Thompson, *Marion- all 5 very good-great rebounders

2. Three point shooting- LeBron, Love, Kyrie, Waiters, Miller, Jones all are good three point shooters- and especially, the old Cavs should have their % go up with the spacing that will come with Love and LeBron

3. Fastbreak Easy Buckets- this will be insane. Outlet passes from Love, with him trailing for 3's, LeBron/Irving/Waiters/Thompson/Marion* running and finishing-

think of how these three things compliment eachother as well- with all that defensive rebounding- they will get tons more fastbreak chances, and have a ton of athletes to finish those, and tons of 3 pt shootesr to trail and spread the floor- - its EASY BUCKETS galore and one of the main reasons ithink they will win as many games as i think they will

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're smoking crack if you think he's a top 4 PG. Not even close at all.

Give me in no specific order Curry, Dame, Westbrook, Parker, Rose, and Paul ahead of him. I think you can include Wall also.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's about making the team better

If that's true, then why is Love seen as the #1 or #2 PF * I say it's Aldridge* in the NBA and he's never sniffed the playoffs?

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing, because Miami was regarded as one of the most athletic teams. Now that Lebron is gone, Miami's old and can't transition. Also, something Russ fails to realize, is Miami got out to all those fast breaks due to forcing turnovers on the defensive end. The Cavs are going to have to play defense to pull this off. Something we're all waiting to see.

Miami's defense was terrible last year. They dropped down dramatically from the previous year. Around 13th I think was the spot they landed. Take away their best defender, LBJ, and what have you got now? Likely a team in the bottom third of the defensive stats.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie is better than Wall. Wall can't shoot the 3 and plays out of control quite a bit. He has also been on a team with better players around him that KI.

Playmaking= wall

Scoring= slight edge to kyrie

Defense= wall (by a lot)

Handles= kyrie but wall has good handles too

Rebounding = wall

Wall> kyrie

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's true, then why is Love seen as the #1 or #2 PF * I say it's Aldridge* in the NBA and he's never sniffed the playoffs?

Because love makes his team 10 points per 100 possesions better. Kyrie was a negative and way worse as a team on defense when he's on the floor.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why you think fast break buckets are so easy to come by. You need to play defense and force a lot of live ball turnovers to be a great fast break team.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Give me in no specific order Curry, Dame, Westbrook, Parker, Rose, and Paul ahead of him. I think you can include Wall also.

give Kyrie a great offensive big like Aldridge and he poops on Lillard.....6 years from now we will laugh that people even compared Lillard and Kyrie i guarantee you - Kyrie will have a fistfull of jewerly and a couple gold medals from starting on the olympic team

Lillard is 2 years older, and didnt have to carry his team- put him on the Cavs and kyrie on the Blazers and we dont even hear of damian lillard besides as a nice player

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dragic too, stat wise.

In fairness, PG and SF are the glamour positions of the NBA right now.

If you made a list of the top 30 players, how many would come from those to categories alone?

I think close to half, if not more.

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Curry is a better shooter but makes KI's defense look awesome. Westbrook is a shooting guard in a PG body. Rose is a poor shooter coming off 2 major knee surgeries. Paul, I give you but he is getting older and his knees are not 100%. Parker fits the SA system and that's what benefits him. Lillard is the guy to watch out west. Wall isn't in Irving's league.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playmaking= wall

Scoring= slight edge to kyrie

Defense= wall (by a lot)

Handles= kyrie but wall has good handles too

Rebounding = wall

Wall> kyrie

basketball IQ - Kyrie by a mile

clutchness- kyrie by a mile

3 pt shooting- kyrie by a mile

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dragic too, stat wise.

If you made a list of the top 30 players, how many would come from those to categories alone?

Dragic has had one year where he was anything more than slightly below league average despite playing for like what, 5-6 years? cmon now

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami's defense was terrible last year. They dropped down dramatically from the previous year. Around 13th I think was the spot they landed. Take away their best defender, LBJ, and what have you got now? Likely a team in the bottom third of the defensive stats.

Highly doubt it. Miami wasn't motivated last year. Lebron was a terrible defender last year also. One thing about this organization is that they always produced good defensive teams.

Heat finished 11th in DEF EFF last year.

The year before Lebron came here they finished 3rd with not a lot if any great individual defenders.

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's correct. Most of the premier players are PG's and SF's.