• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10469671_677431195673683_5372299885798747725_n.jpg

Derek Jeter has more power!:rollseyes:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at it this from public perception, it doesn't appear that he's learned a thing. He's essentially taken the Miami Heat bench (if they get Ray Allen) and swapped out Bosh and Wade for Love and Irving. Yet, expects to win a title in the same fashion, even though the blue print to beating the Heat's big 3 was put on display in the Finals by the Spurs. Granted, it takes the personnel to pull off what the Spurs did, but the fact still remains.

are you being serious? the Cavs have the Miami heat bench because they signed Miller - who didnt even play for the Heat last year, James Jones- who BARELY played at all and will likely barely play at all in Cleveland- and MAYBE Ray Allen

good God man- look at what you just wrote

and its not swapping out Wade and Bosh- its swapping out a Wade who cant get it done anymore- and a Bosh who stays on the perimeter- NOT the guys they were when they came together

PLUS- its just not Wade and Bosh for Kyrie and Love

its also- Anderson, Battier, Chalmers, Beasley, Lewis, Cole, Haslem- for a group that looks like it will be something like Varejao, Waiters, Thompson, Miller, Delledova, probably Marion------ it doesnt take a basketball genius to figure out whcich one of those groups gives you a SIGNIFICANTLY better chance to win here in 2014

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you being serious? the Cavs have the Miami heat bench because they signed Miller - who didnt even play for the Heat last year, James Jones- who BARELY played at all and will likely barely play at all in Cleveland- and MAYBE Ray Allen

and its not swapping out Wade and Bosh- its swapping out a Wade who cant get it done anymore- and a Bosh who stays on the perimeter- NOT the guys they were when they came together

its also- Anderson, Battier, Chalmers, Beasley, Lewis, Cole, Haslem- for a group that looks like it will be something like Varejao, Waiters, Thompson, Miller, Delledova, probably Marion------ it doesnt take a basketball genius to figure out whcich one of those groups gives you a SIGNIFICANTLY better chance to win here in 2014

Hey Russ what's up? Your comment about Bosh, I think we are all going to see a different CB this year. He'll spend a lot more time down in the post now that LeBron is gone. Miami's offense won't even look like their O of the past 4 years.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Russ what's up? Your comment about Bosh, I think we are all going to see a different CB this year. He'll spend a lot more time down in the post now that LeBron is gone. Miami's offense won't even look like their O of the past 4 years.

whats going on Wamu?

if the Heat are going to be as good as all these Heat fans think they aregoing to be- Bosh is going to have to average more then 7 rebounds a game- something he has FAILED to do the last 2 years despite being 6 foot 11 and an "elite" player in the league

somehow Kevin Love managed to shoot WAY more 3's and play on the perimeter a ton - BUT led the league in rebounding- so - I wonder what Bosh's excuse is- besides - he is no where near as good as Kevin Love

and Wade sits out to rest for almost 30 games and still cant be anything close to what he used to be on a long term basis-

but according to Heat fans- the Heat are going to be really good this year and Wade will have this big comeback season even though he wont get nearly the rest, wont get nearly the spacing and open looks that LeBron GIFTED him, and will instead be the focus of the other teams defensive schemes

I just dont see it happening - Heat will get a 6 or 7 seed at best- and thats if Wade plays 50+ games

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well LeBron was gonna listen to Jimmy B's pitch & join your Lakers but he put 2 & 2 together & figured out that Fresno is not beach front property.

Who needs Lebron and K Love when you can have Dontas M@#$%lef!s? :whistle:

Did he just insinuate that the the Lakers bigs are garbage?:omg:

Where would you like to play if you were to leave the Rockets? Donatas Motiejunas: Most likely in Los Angeles because there no serious bigs and I would likely get chances to play. I mean Lakers, not the Clippers. TalkBasket

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whats going on Wamu?

if the Heat are going to be as good as all these Heat fans think they aregoing to be- Bosh is going to have to average more then 7 rebounds a game- something he has FAILED to do the last 2 years despite being 6 foot 11 and an "elite" player in the league

somehow Kevin Love managed to shoot WAY more 3's and play on the perimeter a ton - BUT led the league in rebounding- so - I wonder what Bosh's excuse is- besides - he is no where near as good as Kevin Love

and Wade sits out to rest for almost 30 games and still cant be anything close to what he used to be on a long term basis-

but according to Heat fans- the Heat are going to be really good this year and Wade will have this big comeback season even though he wont get nearly the rest, wont get nearly the spacing and open looks that LeBron GIFTED him, and will instead be the focus of the other teams defensive schemes

I just dont see it happening - Heat will get a 6 or 7 seed at best- and thats if Wade plays 50+ games

Bosh didn't have to do more, that's the point you are refusing to acknowledge.

Can't and didn't are two very different things.

Bosh will be a 20/10 guy next year, Deng 16-18 old reliable.

Wade's knee is the only thing that can keep them out of the top 5 unless the Wiz and Hornets go HAM.

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind though, 2 of the 3 most important pieces from that '06 team were still with the Heat. D-Wade and Pat Riley. Wade had shown that he knows how to win a title and Riley had shown that he knows how to build a contender. The Cavs had no one in their FO that had shown they knew how to build a contender and the only player on the Cavs who knew how to win a title was the 30% of Shaq that was left.

I'm fairly certain the current GM and ownership knows how to build a contender. Unless of course you don't think having LeBron, Love, and Irving qualifies. Plus, they built a contender before LeBron left. Any team that wins 60+ games I'd consider a contender. Shaq was more than 30% of his former self too and the Cavs would have won had Big Baby Davis not broke Shaq hand at the request of Doc Rivers.

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whats going on Wamu?

Yeah, I don't get the Heat fans thinking they are going to compete for home court advantage in the playoffs. Deng is on the downside of his career. We saw that in Cleveland and it was painfully obvious why neither the Bulls or Cleveland wanted him. Wade is nearly washed up entirely. Their point guard position is still terrible. Bosh is going to be the man now and I fully expect he'll score 20 a game but I don't see anyone else on that team capable of scoring 15 consistently.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at it this from public perception, it doesn't appear that he's learned a thing. He's essentially taken the Miami Heat bench (if they get Ray Allen) and swapped out Bosh and Wade for Love and Irving. Yet, expects to win a title in the same fashion, even though the blue print to beating the Heat's big 3 was put on display in the Finals by the Spurs. Granted, it takes the personnel to pull off what the Spurs did, but the fact still remains.

But, the Miami Bench wasn't the problem.

It was the Miami Starters in the Finals.

The biggest gripe against the Locker room in Cleveland was the level of immaturity.

I think bringing in some Seasoned Vets, who still have gas in the tank, is the perfect solution.

Allen, Marion and Miller are still solid rotation players that know how to win.

It's not like they brought in Juwan Howard:noidea:.

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't really get it Russ. These people loved to bash Cleveland for being bad and now they are bashing Cleveland for being good. If bashing Cleveland makes their hometowns feel more likeable so be it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fairly certain the current GM and ownership knows how to build a contender. Unless of course you don't think having LeBron, Love, and Irving qualifies. Plus, they built a contender before LeBron left. Any team that wins 60+ games I'd consider a contender. Shaq was more than 30% of his former self too and the Cavs would have won had Big Baby Davis not broke Shaq hand at the request of Doc Rivers.

Really?!? If they were so good at building contenders, why did Lebron leave?

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, the Miami Bench wasn't the problem.

It was the Miami Starters in the Finals.

The biggest gripe against the Locker room in Cleveland was the level of immaturity.

I think bringing in some Seasoned Vets, who still have gas in the tank, is the perfect solution.

Allen, Marion and Miller are still solid rotation players that know how to win.

It's not like they brought in Juwan Howard:noidea:.

That's correct, the Heat starters were pretty bad including Wade. Even Bosh looked bad during the finals. Plus, they had nobody on the bench to pick up the slack.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't get the Heat fans thinking they are going to compete for home court advantage in the playoffs. Deng is on the downside of his career. We saw that in Cleveland and it was painfully obvious why neither the Bulls or Cleveland wanted him. Wade is nearly washed up entirely. Their point guard position is still terrible. Bosh is going to be the man now and I fully expect he'll score 20 a game but I don't see anyone else on that team capable of scoring 15 consistently.

Deng was miserable and wanted nothing to do with your team, and it showed on the court.

No player currently in the NBA can replace Lebron.

But, Dude didn't just lose his game in the 3 months he was in Ohio.

I think he will round back into form, similar to Howard in Houston, and be the #3 option in Miami.

As a #1, he is awful.

As a #3, he is a luxury.

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?!? If they were so good at building contenders, why did Lebron leave?

For the easy titles that people were dogging him for not winning in Cleveland. I also think you are confusing a contender for a title winner. They were contenders. Even got to the finals one year.

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deng was miserable and wanted nothing to do with your team, and it showed on the court.

No player currently in the NBA can replace Lebron.

But, Dude didn't just lose his game in the 3 months he was in Ohio.

I think he will round back into form, similar to Howard in Houston, and be the #3 option in Miami.

As a #1, he is awful.

As a #3, he is a luxury.

Deng's body is breaking down. You could see it here and that's why Chicago and Cleveland didn't want him.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's correct, the Heat starters were pretty bad including Wade. Even Bosh looked bad during the finals. Plus, they had nobody on the bench to pick up the slack.

Wade's body just couldn't hold up.

He was awful and it was hard for me to see because I am a fan.

The point of sitting out half the Season was to be ready for the finals.

I read that he needed 2 Seasons to recover from his type of injury.

So, lets see if he can hold up his end of the bargain nest Season.

or

If he goes the way of Brandon Roy:bawling:.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosh didn't have to do more, that's the point you are refusing to acknowledge.

Can't and didn't are two very different things.

Bosh will be a 20/10 guy next year, Deng 16-18 old reliable.

Wade's knee is the only thing that can keep them out of the top 5 unless the Wiz and Hornets go HAM.

if Bosh averages 20 and 10 next year i will fly to LA, find you and , take you and your whole family to Disney Land on my dime and then have an affair with Minnie-Mouse in the big castle they have there

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deng's body is breaking down. You could see it here and that's why Chicago and Cleveland didn't want him.

I don't believe that.

But, we will see in a few months.

Congrats on Love.

That was a hell of a deal to get him.

It's gonna be fun watching the Cavs and Bulls duke it out for the ECF.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If LeBron did not come back- the Cavs still had ZERO interest in Deng- among small forwards they had Heyward, Ariza, and Stephenson as the guys they wanted to go after - and they got to see Deng up close and personal those last few months to see just how much Thibs had ran him into the ground

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Bosh averages 20 and 10 next year i will fly to LA, find you and , take you and your whole family to Disney Land on my dime and then have an affair with Minnie-Mouse in the big castle they have there

:lol:

My Kids are over Disneyland.

It loses it's luster when you live in SoCal and can go all the time.

Every end of the year school field trip is to Disneyland or Knotts Berry Farm.

They are all about Medieval Times in Buena Park and Pirates dinner Theatre in San Diego:doh:.