• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs back then played great team defense yes. But also had the defensive players too

who are these great defensive players?

Ben Wallace that played like 50 games and was injured all the time with bulging discs in his back?

sasha palvlovic?

Andy Varejao when he was a kid?

Boobie Gibson?

Wally World?

Delonte West?...

the only even above average defenders were the over the hill , constantly hurt Wallace that played like 24 minutes a night when he did play- and the undersized shooting guard Delonte---- and of course LeBron-----

Andy was steady at that point but not great, Z couldnt even move hardly

it was a very good rebounding team- and that helps a lot----and that should help this Cavs team a lot as well

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u think Kyrie and Love will miss the playoffs this year? lol

When did I ever say that?
I said 50-54 wins and go from there.

Point made was that all star games are frivolous exhibition games.

If the highlight of your career is something that happened in an exhibition game, then I'm slightly less impressed then if it was a preseason game.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did I ever say that?
I said 50-54 wins and go from there.

Point made was that all star games are frivolous exhibition games.

If the highlight of your career is something that happened in an exhibition game, then I'm slightly less impressed then if it was a preseason game.

I think the highlight of his season might have been going 10/19 with 31 points and 9 assist and beating Oklahoma City -- or maybe 37 pts on over 50% shooting with 11 assists vs. the Bricks, -- or the 39 pts 12 assists and a game winning layup vs. the Sixers,

no...my favorite probably is going into John Wall's house and having Kyrie put up 41 and winning the game while Wall went 3/13 for 9 points

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the highlight of his season might have been going 10/19 with 31 points and 9 assist and beating Oklahoma City -- or maybe 37 pts on over 50% shooting with 11 assists vs. the Bricks, -- or the 39 pts 12 assists and a game winning layup vs. the Sixers,

no...my favorite probably is going into John Wall's house and having Kyrie put up 41 and winning the game while Wall went 3/13 for 9 points

I didn't say season, I said career.

And those 4 regular season games are memorable for what? Or got them where?

He'll, didn't Chalmers hit like 10 3's in a regular season game?
Nobody gives a shit about that though.

People do remember Chalmers hitting the biggest shot when his team won an NCAA title.
People do remember Chalmers hitting huge shots in NBA playoff games, including the Finals.

I know that wasn't the case this year, but the stuff that is impressing you would bore the fans of good teams.

I'll bet you could take any starting PG in the NBA and find a few games where they put up impressive stats.
That's why they are all in the NBA.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say season, I said career.

And those 4 regular season games are memorable for what? Or got them where?

He'll, didn't Chalmers hit like 10 3's in a regular season game?
Nobody gives a shit about that though.

People do remember Chalmers hitting the biggest shot when his team won an NCAA title.
People do remember Chalmers hitting huge shots in NBA playoff games, including the Finals.

I know that wasn't the case this year, but the stuff that is impressing you would bore the fans of good teams.

I'll bet you could take any starting PG in the NBA and find a few games where they put up impressive stats.
That's why they are all in the NBA.

Kyrie does have the most game winners since the season he came into the league- and thats not a coinedence- its because you canot play him to drive - or play him to shoot- because as soon as you cheat one way he goes the other way-

i mean even you have to admit

Kyrie is extremely clutch
he is great at finishing in traffic at the rim
he is a very talented outside shooter
he might have the best handle in the game
when he gets around good players on team usa, or the select team or the all star game- his talent shows even more- he doesnt get swallowed up- he shines- and thats hard to do when your 22
he has a high basketball IQ and doesnt get it done because he is jacked at 19 when he came into the league like a wall or rose or lebron or rw

those are the reasons why i think he is a top 30 player at the tender age of 22-

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ is clueless

Russ is a homer and very, very excited.

But, come on...

This is the biggest Summer in Cavs basketball History.

They got the #1 pick in the draft, used that player to trade for one of the best PF's in the NBA, lured the best player on the planet back to their Team and resigned an Allstar that everyone said was walking.

His Love sonnets might rub some the wrong way.

But, his Team couldn't have had a better Offseason.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ is a homer and very, very excited.

But, come on...

This is the biggest Summer in Cavs basketball History.

They got the #1 pick in the draft, used that player to trade for one of the best PF's in the NBA, lured the best player on the planet back to their Team and resigned an Allstar that everyone said was walking.

His Love sonnets might rub some the wrong way.

But, his Team couldn't have had a better Offseason.

So we just let him continue with his long endless rants while he calls out other posters?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we just let him continue with his long endless rants while he calls out other posters?

Negative.

Ream his ass and bring him back to reality:lol:.

I'm just acknowledging the WHY of his rants.

Seriously, when is the last time that State has had a legitimate reason to be excited about a professional sports franchise?

I'm thinking Lebron's last game as a Cav?

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
ESPECIALLY great deal for the Cavs if what Woj is reporting is true and Love has given his personal commitment to sign a 5 year 120 million extension- and - Cavs have that in their backpocket anyway being able to offer the most money and the 5th year---- between that and playing with LeBron is a very high probability that he keeps his word and you have Kyrie and Love signed with the Cavs for the next 6 years- along with LeBron into his twilight. ---- that should give them a bunch of shots at this thing-

its strange to think- LeBron/Love/Kyrie should be together barring something strange happening for the next 6 years- and i dont think there is a person on here- unless they are really really hateful to the Cavs - taht would say they wont win one title in that span

that means the drought at some point will be broken- i mean- its fairly inevitable isnt it? ISNT IT?!!! PLEASE LET IT BE!!! :gaah:

:gaah:

As good a shot as any that Cleveland has had in some time barring injury. Congrats on Love. He is solid. Big contract for sure. Seems like the Cavs may be putting together an All star team as long as they are healthy. They will need to stay mentally strong. Having Miller and Jones should help them.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to rag on you, but I see more hope in your posts then logical arguments.

Tell you what, start the season 15-5 and then I'll start to buy into your 60+ win season, because you will have to do that 4 times to accomplish it.

The part you keep failing to acknowledge is that even though a couple handful of players surrounding James want him to accomplish his goal, the other 435 players in the league want nothing more then to see him fail.

Mark my words, I'm telling you, having that target on your back every single night like the Cavs will is very tiring.

Like Wade pointed out last year, teams are dropping confetti after game 2 ( I think) when Philly beat the Heat.

Even Miami's big 3 had trouble dealing with that early in the 2011 season. Remember the post games with Lebron and Wade with their hands covering their face. It's hard to play with that huge target on your back. Guys like Love, Kyrie, Waiters, etc. will be enthused about it now, but once it actually happens and they hit their first bad streak of basketball...it's going to wear down on inexperience players who don't know how to deal with that kind of pressure.

Sure Lebron has been through it, but think about this. Kyrie has really never played an important game in his life. He had no tournament runs in college. Same with Kevin Love.

Look at Dwade. He was legendary at Marquette in that tourney run. And in the NBA he continued his brilliance carrying those Miami teams deep into the playoffs. Even before Shaq came along he was killing it a young Odom and Butler.

Bosh wasn't exactly Tim Duncan in terms of early career success winning, but he made the playoffs at least.

I think Cavs fans are excited now and I don't blame them...but I see a lot of posters on here making a lot of logical sense when they are saying Cleveland as a team looks great on paper, but lack the experience and defense to win a title.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thad Young will be traded to Minny for Bennett. Young, Wiggins & a 1st is a decent haul for Love. Not sure of any other players that might be involved.

Last edited by a moderator: