• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why defense is so underrated still. Bulls probably have arguably the best defensive team in basketball. Probably are now with George going down. With golden state maybe being 2nd.. We will see

I wouldn't put GSW as having the 2nd best defense in the league. I really hope you were joking or I'm completely misunderstanding the context of this post.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't put GSW as having the 2nd best defense in the league. I really hope you were joking or I'm completely misunderstanding the context of this post.

Well they're a top 5 defense right now I'm just giving examples of really good defensive teams. Last year we were 3rd so it's not crazy

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From BETUS.com today. NBA

Cleveland Cavaliers Specials

Rot# Will the Cleveland Cavaliers Make the Playoffs in 2015 Moneyline 10003 Yes -2000 10004 No +850 All wagers are action.

Rot# Will the Cleveland Cavaliers Win the 2015 NBA Championship Moneyline 10007 Yes +450 10008 No -700 All wagers are action.

Rot# Will the Cleveland Cavaliers Win the 2015 Eastern Conference Moneyline 10009 Yes +125 10010 No -155

JkShaz821

Associate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ is a notorious Cavs homer, he said they may challenge the Bulls record if James returned home.

Honestly, the Cavs had major improvement but I don't see more than 50-55 wins for them....Chicago and Washington are better overall imo.

Hey whats up dj!

I might lean more toward the higher end of that range, but that is about where I would estimate as well.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron just got the best complimentary piece to his game on the team in the league

And while there is absolutely no law saying he has to sign it. All indications are love will sign a 5 year 120m extension next offseason.

Just wow. Who woulda thought (besides me) all this was possible just a couple short months ago!

The rest of the league is pooping themselves make no mistake

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
48 wins, when Irving gets injured and Love ends up missing a good amount of time due to injury and lebron has to carry this team all on his own. Book it :P

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WiggyRuss;5330299[QUOTE said:
]Lebron just got the best complimentary piece to his game on the team in the league

That's called hope.

And while there is absolutely no law saying he has to sign it. All indications are love will sign a 5 year 120m extension next offseason.

That's called wishing. Then if the wish comes true, hoping it works, because those 5 years will take James past his prime.

Just wow. Who woulda thought (besides me) all this was possible just a couple short months ago!

Not me, I never imagined James would help the man who wrote that letter, but I also never imagined that man would hand over day to day operations of the team to James.

The rest of the league is pooping themselves make no mistake
[/QUOTE]

Disagree here.
Certain teams can never win, and the others who can are now more likely to be able to sign groups of players who want to challenge the ones that the Cavs have.
Wait until the summer of '16.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs go 35-6 at home and 26-15 on the road. 61 wins

Book it

31-10 and 22-19= 53-29 is more realistic IMO.

There's a lot of good teams and players, all wanting to beat the Cavs, every single night.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cleveland Cavaliers are set up to be really good.
Cleveland will acquire Kevin Love from the Minnesota Timberwolves in exchange for Andrew Wiggins and Anthony Bennett, the No. 1 overall picks in the past two NBA drafts, according to Yahoo Sports’ Adrian Wojnarowski.
The trade had been anticipated even before LeBron James announced he would return to Cleveland. In fact, we had already run a projection of what the Cavs would look like with James and Love on the roster. That projection pegged them for a 63-19 record.
But our hypothetical roster had imagined Cleveland would give up its starting center, Anderson Varejao, in the Love deal — and the team’s reportedly managed to keep him. That will considerably bolster its front-court depth.
I’ve also rerun the projection based on NBA Real Plus Minus (RPM) instead of Statistical Plus Minus (SPM). My colleague Neil Paine and I are due to provide you with an overview of these various systems and their strengths and weaknesses — but the gist is that RPM is based on play-by-play data instead of box-score data and can better account for a player’s defense. Compared with SPM, RPM is higher on James and Varejao — strong defensive players — but less keen on Love. It’s also down on Kyrie Irving, the Cavs’ starting point guard, because it rates him as playing poor defense.
Still, Cavaliers fans will be pleased with the new projection: a 65-17 record.
silver-datalab-cavslove0807.png

That figure reflects an over-under line. I might take the under if offered it by Vegas for a couple of reasons. One, the projection assumes the Cavaliers stay relatively healthy, and there’s no guarantee of that. Second, the Cavaliers are so clearly ahead of anyone else in the Eastern Conference — especially with the injury to Indiana’s Paul George — that they might rest their stars or coast down the stretch. That could help them in the playoffs, where rest matters quite a bit, but could shave a couple of wins off their regular-season record.
In addition, there’s always uncertainty about how high-volume scorers like James, Love and Irving will mesh together, and it may take Cleveland the better part of the season to figure out how to distribute possessions. A lot of statistical projections overrated the Miami Heat’s regular-season win total for the 2010-11 season, their first year with James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.
But there’s also a case our projection for Cavs is too pessimistic. The case turns on Irving improving his defense. Irving is a good athlete, and with James mentoring him and a championship to play for, his results on the defensive end could improve. The same holds for other young Cavaliers, such as Dion Waiters and Tristan Thompson, which RPM also rates as poor defenders.
Either way, the trade should make Cleveland a championship contender. Before adding Love, it projected to a win total in the low-to-mid 50s. A team like that will win the NBA title less than 5 percent of the time. By comparison, a team with 60 regular season wins will win the title about 20 percent of the time, and a 65-win team will win the title about 60 percent of the time.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao @ the Timberwolves getting the Clippers treatment.

Same thing happened to us when Doc was traded to the Clips and Garnett was to follow.

Tom Moore: #NBA source: #Wolves cannot combine Bennett and trade exception in any deal, including to #Sixers for Thad Young. #76ers

Darren Wolfson: One certainty from league and #Twolves people: Sixers GM Sam Hinkie is pissed that the Thad trade talk got out.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Above article is from fivethirtyeight.com

JkShaz821

Associate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Above article is from fivethirtyeight.com

I must be ignorant but I can't figure out where they are getting "allocated wins" from. It doesn't look like they are using traditional WS formula but I am not all that great with these things.