• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some people are A little jealous here. Cavs will win 53-58 games

I know I'm hating because there's yet another squad that my team can't beat:bawling:.

So, I can't imagine how the fans of the Team Lebron left, and the ones that were hopeful they'd be getting Love next summer feel:gaah:.

But, I agree with your guess.

I said 50-55.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. I said they'll win 50-55 games and Love and Irving have averaged 50 and 60 games a season the past 3 seasons. They are both injury prone, that's just a fact.
The East might be bad again, though. Indiana will take a step back. Chicago might take a step forward so probably only 2 big contenders out East again with some other frisky teams.

JkShaz821

Associate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The East might be bad again, though. Indiana will take a step back. Chicago might take a step forward so probably only 2 big contenders out East again with some other frisky teams.

Whom do you think might be the "friskiest". It is hard for me to pick against Miami but I also like what Washington showed last year even with the loss of Ariza.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whom do you think might be the "friskiest". It is hard for me to pick against Miami but I also like what Washington showed last year even with the loss of Ariza.
Atlanta. They are a poor man's Spurs if Horford is healthy.

JkShaz821

Associate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta. They are a poor man's Spurs if Horford is healthy.

I do see ATL getting a lot of run more recently. I can kinda see why for the reasons you mentioned. I am just not prepared to go there yet. I think they will give a lot of teams trouble this year though w/ Horford.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love is opting out and will resign a 5 yr $120mil contract next year.. how can they afford all that? Lebron at max, Irving at max and Love at max? Miami was only able to sign the 3 because they all took less then max.

DAn Gilbert is not a cheap skate!

he wont pay like the mad russian does- but he will def be #2 in the league in payroll!!!!!!

wow...what an offseason-

i mean- no big deal

just added LeBron James and Kevin Love.....

and probably Mike Miller, Shawn Marion and maybe Ray Allen as veteran bench guys....

not bad.....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do see ATL getting a lot of run more recently. I can kinda see why for the reasons you mentioned. I am just not prepared to go there yet. I think they will give a lot of teams trouble this year though w/ Horford.

Horford/Milsap is a great front court combo

and Korver really has worked his way into being a very valuable player in the league- and Teague is a solid PG too....

Atlanta is a solid team- and much more likeable then their old teams despite being probably around the same talent wise

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Cavs are going to win 35 games at home

you really think they are gonna go .500 on the road to end up at 56 wins?

41 road games- record will be 26-15

41 home games- record will be 35-6

total= 61-21

too much talent- too much depth-

Love and Kyrie will have chips on their shoulder and something to prove- LEbron will be rejuvenated, Varejao will be fresh on a game to game basis- Marion/Miller/(Jones or Allen) will be some well needed veteran leadership, Harris and Powell will have to work their butts off all the time...

its just too damn stacked of a roster to win less than 60

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs should hit the 60 win mark no problem. Are people underrating Lebron these days?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs should hit the 60 win mark no problem. Are people underrating Lebron these days?

They think he is getting old. He is still in the middle of his prime plus he lost weight which helps.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAn Gilbert is not a cheap skate!

he wont pay like the mad russian does- but he will def be #2 in the league in payroll!!!!!!

wow...what an offseason-

i mean- no big deal

just added LeBron James and Kevin Love.....

and probably Mike Miller, Shawn Marion and maybe Ray Allen as veteran bench guys....

not bad.....

Cavs fans should be thrilled now, but let's think about this long term.

The real winners will be the NY, LA, Miami, and possibly another couple CHOICE destination teams.

The new player mindset is to have the best players form groups together.

So, where will they all want to play?

It will never be Cleveland again, so enjoy this while you can.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not.

I am factoring in his mindset though which has pretty much acknowledged that there is no reason to kill yourself in the regular season.

The new team/situation might rejuvenate him for a while, but the novelty will soon wear off.

I've seen it. I've lived it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also need to consider chemistry issues which may take place in the first month or 2 of the year

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs fans should be thrilled now, but let's think about this long term.

The real winners will be the NY, LA, Miami, and possibly another couple CHOICE destination teams.

The new player mindset is to have the best players form groups together.

So, where will they all want to play?

It will never be Cleveland again, so enjoy this while you can.

you need a guy that is gonna be the main draw thoguh

and- in the next CBA i think the max contract situation is going to be radically changed which will discourage super teams......

the Cavs will have these 3 guys for the next 5-6 years it looks like as long as Love signs the deal Woj reported him as saying he would -Kyries 5 year extension that does not kick int ill next year- and LeBron who i think- and really- not a definite- but in all likelihood will behere till he is done

JkShaz821

Associate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Heat only did it once in their four years with him. Even in the strikeout shortened season they were only on pace to win 59 games had it been a full season. You would have to tell me you think this Cavs roster is a lot better to think that 60 wins is a given. It certainly isn't out of the question given their talent but not a certainty in my mind.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you need a guy that is gonna be the main draw thoguh

and- in the next CBA i think the max contract situation is going to be radically changed which will discourage super teams......

the Cavs will have these 3 guys for the next 5-6 years it looks like as long as Love signs the deal Woj reported him as saying he would -Kyries 5 year extension that does not kick int ill next year- and LeBron who i think- and really- not a definite- but in all likelihood will behere till he is done

There are enough main draws. There isnt a mold to make LeBron James', but there is an abundance of talent in the league.
Most players are friends.
They will be hand picking teams like fantasy basketball, but 25/30 teams or so won't have a pick.

I'm not sure how the new CBA will be handled, but no way the owners come to a decision that would give 1 team a distinct advantage for years.

Last edited by a moderator:

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Chicago and Washington to be the top 2 teams with the Cavs 3rd. And that's not disrespectful at all when you consider Cleveland has a lot of new players to assimilate AND a rookie HC in the NBA.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat only did it once in their four years with him. Even in the strikeout shortened season they were only on pace to win 59 games had it been a full season. You would have to tell me you think this Cavs roster is a lot better to think that 60 wins is a given. It certainly isn't out of the question given their talent but not a certainty in my mind.

Especially when Irving has averaged 60 games a season and Love 50 the last 3 seasons.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

like we were saying the other day- its not always just about talent

i mean-the Cavs won 66 and 62 wins the 2 years before LeBron left

that 66 win team had such stars as a 34 year old ben wallace, daniel gibson, wally world, mo williams, andy varejao , big Z, sasha pavlovic

not exactly the team youwould guess would win 66 games which is about the most a team has won in a while if i am not mistaken

thats why i am saying i can see 61 wins - the Cavs are not gonna lose at home very often- and they are not going to lose to teams they should not lose too either- that is big when getting to 60

just think about it--- all the crap kyrie hears, all the crap love hears about not making the playoffs- those guys are going to be so freaking motivated with the biggest chips on their shoulder and want to prove that winning means more tothem than stats do......

-vets who want one more last day in the sun - like Varejao, Marion, Miller, maybe Ray Ray, - maybe another guy that gets bought out down the road-

-young guys like Waiters and Thompson and Delledova who have never won and are going to be taught the right way to do it by guys like Bron and Miller and Marion and Allen if hecomes etc.......

its just a graet combo of super talented guys, guys with chips on their shoulder, vets that want to do it one last time, young guys proving themselves....that i dont think they will take nights off