• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA had a hope to to bring Lebron back to Cleveland, it would be a great story and good for the NBA cause its a small market team. So the NBA did what it had to do and "gifted" Cleveland with 3 #1 picks in hopes that as long as Clevelands front office wasnt completely inept that might be able to draft the right young stars and get Lebron back home. It worked, but lets not kid ourselves and think the NBA didnt help that out.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: We'll see what happens now. This looks to all but be done. Well, the Cavs are about to feel the same pressure the Heat faced the last four years.

They better be prepared to take the other 29 teams best shot 82 times.

I know it became a factor with the Heat, all the way to the point where they pretty much quit caring about the majority of regular season games.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA had a hope to to bring Lebron back to Cleveland, it would be a great story and good for the NBA cause its a small market team. So the NBA did what it had to do and "gifted" Cleveland with 3 #1 picks in hopes that as long as Clevelands front office wasnt completely inept that might be able to draft the right young stars and get Lebron back home. It worked, but lets not kid ourselves and think the NBA didnt help that out.

I don't believe that for a second.

Explain how to fix lotto balls being blown out of an air machine when every team represented is watching as well as media, security, etc...

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where does every team watch this? Its behind closed doors with the league. The teams see it when they announce it on TV with the cards, thats why you seem teams get upset and make faces and such. if they knew how it was going , they wouldnt have any reaction.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not to mention, i could go even bigger on conspiracy theory that if it was done in front of viewers and such, the weight of the balls would determine which gets chosen. LOL. not saying they go that far but it could LOL... as far as I know the league does the draft order behind closed doors.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not to mention, i could go even bigger on conspiracy theory that if it was done in front of viewers and such, the weight of the balls would determine which gets chosen. LOL. not saying they go that far but it could LOL... as far as I know the league does the draft order behind closed doors.

Couldn't happen, because they use the same balls for the next set of numbers.

Its behind closed doors, but there are a lot of people there who all have a personal interest to make sure it is done fairly and/or witness to make sure it is.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where does every team watch this? Its behind closed doors with the league. The teams see it when they announce it on TV with the cards, thats why you seem teams get upset and make faces and such. if they knew how it was going , they wouldnt have any reaction.

Each team in the lottery has representation in the room during the entire process.
Plus independent media/security.

The people we see on TV don't know the results because the people inside are not allowed out + are not allowed to bring phones in, etc...

Google it.
There are links all over the place as to how it works, as well as articles from people who have been in the room and the reported it.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. they are dying to go to Cleveland.

Its all James, they would follow him to Antarctica right now.

It's gonna be a fun 2-5 year experiment.

Success is certainly not guaranteed.
Watch and see.

With James going to Cleveland the competitive balance is wide open now in the EC.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the Heat conspired with Wade, LBJ, and Bosh to assemble in Miami. There were phone calls and discussions while they were on the Olympic team. Riley knew and likely helped orchestrate it. If you google search, you'll find mentions of it by journalist.

The Love thing isn't the Cavs behind the scenes trying to pry Love loose. You really need to understand the differences.

Like James talking with Miller, Allen and Love?

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree to a point, because obviously you have James, and that puts you ahead of prob 80% of teams right there.

I think Marion will be a big help if/when they get him.

I still am not sold on Kyrie, the injury prone players, and the lack of defense that will be on the court.

You're like fine china. It will be nice to look at, but is very fragile.

Marion, Miller and Allen are great role players at this stage in their careers. But, Irving and Love have a HISTORY of injuries and if those 3 are playing a lot of mpg.....that isn't a good sign.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The east isn't really wide open imo. Cleveland is the new Miami. The only team who can prevent Cleveland from making the finals is a healthy Chicago bulls squad. The others doesn't stand a chance. The east will have better teams than they had last yr but as always only 2 teams can make the finals

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think the Cavs are the clear and away favs.. I think the Cavs get knocked out in the 2nd round

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The east isn't really wide open imo. Cleveland is the new Miami. The only team who can prevent Cleveland from making the finals is a healthy Chicago bulls squad. The others doesn't stand a chance. The east will have better teams than they had last yr but as always only 2 teams can make the finals

Yep, and right now, Washington, Toronto, and Miami are merely the 2nd tier teams in the East with Love going to Cleveland. They'll make both teams work, but ultimately it will be either Cleveland or Chicago in the Finals.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's wide open but only 2 teams? Lol ok

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, and right now, Washington, Toronto, and Miami are merely the 2nd tier teams in the East with Love going to Cleveland. They'll make both teams work, but ultimately it will be either Cleveland or Chicago in the Finals.

Only thing that could defeat those 2 rosters in the East would be injuries this season.

Guess I'm a Heat fan / bandwagon Bulls fan this year...