• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I heard from Cavs fans over the last week was that Lebron WASN'T the GM.

The best player in the league attracts FA's where ever he goes. I thought the FN posters said no FA's would come to Cleveland?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main difference is Cleveland didn't do it while LeBron was under contract with the Heat. It was after the season was over and LBJ was a FA. Miami didn't do that. They conspired while LBJ was contracted to Cleveland, against the rules.

WTF are you talking about?

They ( the Heat) conspired with James when he was with the Cavs?
And when did this happen (besides your dreams)?

In this case, Love is under contract, but this shit has always happened and will continue to happen, so who cares?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the trade can't be MADE for 30 days.

Morning and all jokes aside....congrats. Russ is taking credit for James signing when you were actually the one who prophesized it. He said it was 50-50 (same odds as flipping a coin basically).

But, I don't see the Cavs being better than a 3 seed behind Chi and Wash.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best player in the league attracts FA's where ever he goes. I thought the FN posters said no FA's would come to Cleveland?

They are all ring chasing and you know it. You also said rings don't matter.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. they are dying to go to Cleveland.

Its all James, they would follow him to Antarctica right now.

It's gonna be a fun 2-5 year experiment.

Success is certainly not guaranteed.
Watch and see.

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF are you talking about?

They ( the Heat) conspired with James when he was with the Cavs?
And when did this happen (besides your dreams)?

In this case, Love is under contract, but this shit has always happened and will continue to happen, so who cares?

Yes, the Heat conspired with Wade, LBJ, and Bosh to assemble in Miami. There were phone calls and discussions while they were on the Olympic team. Riley knew and likely helped orchestrate it. If you google search, you'll find mentions of it by journalist.

The Love thing isn't the Cavs behind the scenes trying to pry Love loose. You really need to understand the differences.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The season hasn't even started or close to starting and everyone already hates the Cavs. :laugh3:

I expected it but not this soon. Hopefully Lebron can make this happen and be successful with this crazy talent team.

I'll admit it, I hate the Cavs. Lebron bolting from Miami just intensifies it. The Cavs as an organization is about as inept as the Kings, T-Wolves, etc. They've been blessed with draft lottery success like no other team that I've ever seen. Their owner is a deplorable douche bag who collects welfare checks from other teams.

The fanbase itself is not all that great either. I still remember the CBS days and seeing the daily interactions with Cavs fans and Lakers fans whose team had just won a title. For the first time, I actually felt bad for Lakers fans.

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. they are dying to go to Cleveland.

Its all James, they would follow him to Antarctica right now.

It's gonna be a fun 2-5 year experiment.

Success is certainly not guaranteed.
Watch and see.

Nothing is guaranteed in life. But, I like the Cavs chances. They are certainly in a better position than most other teams.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main difference is Cleveland didn't do it while LeBron was under contract with the Heat. It was after the season was over and LBJ was a FA. Miami didn't do that. They conspired while LBJ was contracted to Cleveland, against the rules.

Miami didn't conspire with anyone. Lebron, D-Wade and Bosh discussed it during the Olympics. Players talking amongst themselves about playing on the same team has always happened and always will. The only real difference in Miami was that they were more "in your face" about it.

While it's pretty obvious that D-Wade took the convo that he had with Lebron and Bosh to Riley, it really didn't make that much difference in what Riley would have done if the 3 never had that conversation.

Miami wasn't in position to be winning any titles at that time. So, Riley was already likely going to be clearing space to make a run at Lebron and/or Bosh anyway. All the convo among the 3 did was enable D-Wade to tell Riley that they had a great shot at getting both.

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll admit it, I hate the Cavs. Lebron bolting from Miami just intensifies it. The Cavs as an organization is about as inept as the Kings, T-Wolves, etc. They've been blessed with draft lottery success like no other team that I've ever seen. Their owner is a deplorable douche bag who collects welfare checks from other teams.

The fanbase itself is not all that great either. I still remember the CBS days and seeing the daily interactions with Cavs fans and Lakers fans whose team had just won a title. For the first time, I actually felt bad for Lakers fans.

Gilbert collects welfare checks? He paid out welfare checks when LBJ was here previously. The Cavs as inept as the Kings and T-Wolves? Simply not true. They've had some luck in the lottery in the last few years, not so much previously.

The sore losers of SportsHoopla and FN have not changed their tunes and still hate the Cavs. Laughed at me when I said LBJ might come back to Cleveland. Last laugh is more fun.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilbert collects welfare checks? He paid out welfare checks when LBJ was here previously. The Cavs as inept as the Kings and T-Wolves? Simply not true. They've had some luck in the lottery in the last few years, not so much previously.

The sore losers of SportsHoopla and FN have not changed their tunes and still hate the Cavs. Laughed at me when I said LBJ might come back to Cleveland. Last laugh is more fun.

:pound:

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami didn't conspire with anyone. Lebron, D-Wade and Bosh discussed it during the Olympics. Players talking amongst themselves about playing on the same team has always happened and always will. The only real difference in Miami was that they were more "in your face" about it.

While it's pretty obvious that D-Wade took the convo that he had with Lebron and Bosh to Riley, it really didn't make that much difference in what Riley would have done if the 3 never had that conversation.

Miami wasn't in position to be winning any titles at that time. So, Riley was already likely going to be clearing space to make a run at Lebron and/or Bosh anyway. All the convo among the 3 did was enable D-Wade to tell Riley that they had a great shot at getting both.

Learn the rules. Inside 'The Decision': Miami's coup was a 'surprise' built on long-coveted goal of James, Wade and Bosh | cleveland.com

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing is guaranteed in life. But, I like the Cavs chances. They are certainly in a better position than most other teams.

Agree to a point, because obviously you have James, and that puts you ahead of prob 80% of teams right there.

I think Marion will be a big help if/when they get him.

I still am not sold on Kyrie, the injury prone players, and the lack of defense that will be on the court.

You're like fine china. It will be nice to look at, but is very fragile.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, Cleveland has been collecting welfare checks from the NBA. Gilberts biggest problem with the CP3 trade to the Lakers that Stern vetoed was because it not only improved the Lakers, but it put them under the luxury tax threshold. This would have negatively impacted the size of his welfare check since the Lakers were paying as much or more in luxury tax than anyone else at that time.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You post a Cleveland article as proof? LMAO

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the Heat conspired with Wade, LBJ, and Bosh to assemble in Miami. There were phone calls and discussions while they were on the Olympic team. Riley knew and likely helped orchestrate it. If you google search, you'll find mentions of it by journalist.

The Love thing isn't the Cavs behind the scenes trying to pry Love loose. You really need to understand the differences.

Right.. I remember Gilbert made those accusation and then spent a ton of money trying to prove/support it.

Remind me of what the results were, and the league punishment to the Heat was.