• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

Shield-Thread Killa

Tribal Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 876.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I WISH

The top 3 for Love IMO are boston, Chicago and golden state

I would be great to finally have a GOOD WHITE GUY on the roster...

But IMO the pull off this supposed three team deal for LOVE 2 CLEVELAND...

And with the CAVS having to wait 30 days to even think of trading WIGGINS publicly it BITES..:lame:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be great to finally have a GOOD WHITE GUY on the roster...

But IMO the pull off this supposed three team deal for LOVE 2 CLEVELAND...

And with the CAVS having to wait 30 days to even think of trading WIGGINS publicly it BITES..:lame:

Lol isn't that post from a few months ago?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tiring of the growing conspiracy-theory sentiments being hinted at, some subtly and some not-so-subtly, on the nba forum these days.

The posts I've seen have been chalk full of logical fallacies, mainly appeal to rebellion, shotgun argument, strawman, and pareidolia.

I really hope the NBA forum doesn't turn into one of those forums.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tiring of the growing conspiracy-theory sentiments being hinted at, some subtly and some not-so-subtly, on the nba forum these days.

The posts I've seen have been chalk full of logical fallacies, mainly appeal to rebellion, shotgun argument, strawman, and pareidolia.

lol wut

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DealWithIt.gif

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well - I guess we know now why Blake Griffin bowed out of the national team...

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There a ZILLION Cavaliers fans on these boards now.

There was exactly one Cavs fan on these boards from 2010-2014.
I am not sure I saw a single Cavs posting all season long.

At least the Miami guys are still Miami guys.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hornsstampede2.0;5280680[QUOTE said:
]There a ZILLION Cavaliers fans on these boards now.

They'll talk shit all season, up until the day they lose in whatever round it happens (which it will).

[/QUOTE]

James certainly made the Heat more entertaining/better for 4 seasons, but the Heat will continue to be relevant without him.
I'm actually looking forward to the regular season, which hasn't been the case the last 2 years.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A Zillion?

There are 55 posters that have posted > 10 times on this thread.

4 of those are Cavs fans.

Shaneman - he's the 1 you're referring to that's always been there
Me - told my story more time than people care to hear, I'm sure
WiggyRuss - He's new to SportsHoopla but been verified by the FN people as having always been a cavs fun
LTCF - I think he came from FN too?

Pretty sure Wamu said he's not really a cavs fan, even though he's a general ohio sports fan?

Anyway... its still the offseason, I'm sure there'll be more. There is not doubt that there are many more Cavs fans in the world today than there were a few weeks ago... but when it comes to people that care enough about sports to be hanging out on a sports forum... those guys are gonna be pretty loyal to their sports past, IMO.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James certainly made the Heat more entertaining/better for 4 seasons, but the Heat will continue to be relevant without him.
I'm actually looking forward to the regular season, which hasn't been the case the last 2 years.

Why wouldn't you be looking foward to the season?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Zillion?

There are 55 posters that have posted > 10 times on this thread.

4 of those are Cavs fans.

Shaneman - he's the 1 you're referring to that's always been there
Me - told my story more time than people care to hear, I'm sure
WiggyRuss - He's new to SportsHoopla but been verified by the FN people as having always been a cavs fun
LTCF - I think he came from FN too?

Pretty sure Wamu said he's not really a cavs fan, even though he's a general ohio sports fan?

Anyway... its still the offseason, I'm sure there'll be more. There is not doubt that there are many more Cavs fans in the world today than there were a few weeks ago... but when it comes to people that care enough about sports to be hanging out on a sports forum... those guys are gonna be pretty loyal to their sports past, IMO.

SugarShell is also a Cavs fan. And no I am not a Cavs fan. I have been a Celtics fan since the days of Larry the Legend. It wouldn't be right for me to jump on their bandwagon.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I won't speak for turnup, but for me...

The Heat and the Pacers were the only contenders in the East... not a lot of drama for the regular season. Everyone pretty much knew how that would go.

That will be very different this year... as no one really knows what to expect from all the teams in the East. The regular season will be much more unpredictable in the East.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As Heat fans, we always recognized that our team would always coast throughout most of the regular season. The playoffs is where the team would ultimately be judged and evaluated. Having said that, this would make it sometimes frustrating when the Heat would struggle against subpar competition, given the reasons pointed out.

Now the team looks different and hopefully there's a renewed sense of something to prove. Hence why he's actually looking forward to the regular season instead of the 6 months between the playoffs.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Heat and the Pacers were the only contenders in the East... not a lot of drama for the regular season. Everyone pretty much knew how that would go.

That will be very different this year... as no one really knows what to expect from all the teams in the East. The regular season will be much more unpredictable in the East.

Yeah, I get where turnup and you are both coming from. There have been a few Lakers seasons where the regular season basically boiled down to hoping no one gets hurt before the playoffs. Pretty sure Heat fans have spent the past couple of regular seasons doing pretty much the same thing.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This was expected. Anytime James moves, some move. Not saying all, but it at least makes most Cavs fans more interested.

I liked watching Kyrie before Lebron got there, but I will honest they weren't that good. I had too high of expectations I guess.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As Heat fans, we always recognized that our team would always coast throughout most of the regular season. The playoffs is where the team would ultimately be judged and evaluated. Having said that, this would make it sometimes frustrating when the Heat would struggle against subpar competition, given the reasons pointed out.

Now the team looks different and hopefully there's a renewed sense of something to prove. Hence why he's actually looking forward to the regular season instead of the 6 months between the playoffs.

Yeah, I get where turnup and you are both coming from. There have been a few Lakers seasons where the regular season basically boiled down to hoping no one gets hurt before the playoffs. Pretty sure Heat fans have spent the past couple of regular seasons doing pretty much the same thing.

All of the above, plus I often was frustrated by the lack of effort for major portions of most games.

I said this last year, so this is no post James sour grapes or looking at the bright side (if there is one).