• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,735.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, he must have gotten a nice check. That's the last place I thought he'd end up.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thompson, Lee and a future 1st rounder beats the Cavs offer.

This isn't done just yet imo.

If they're rebuilding, no way. Warriors FO said he's staying for sure but I wouldn't doubt if they do trade him for love. But Steve Kerr not voting love on any of the 1st,2nd or 3rd teams is a telling sign too

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as long as Wiggins is in the trade

the trade is better then what Orlando got for Dwight, what the Jazz got for DWill, what the Nugz got for Melo, what OKC got for Harden

Warriors could of had harden for thompson they said no. I'm ok with not getting harden though cause he's probably the worst defender in the league

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors could of had harden for thompson they said no. I'm ok with not getting harden though cause he's probably the worst defender in the league

Wiz could have had Harden for Beal which is kinda crazy too - i dont think the Wizards are angry about it either

I dunno about Harden- i take my boy Kyrie long term over Harden too

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I have HEARD--- not my opinion- my opinion is still that the Cavs need to give up Wiggins

But I have heard

Cavs get : Kevin Love

Sixers get: Dion Waiters

Twolves get: Thad Young, Anthony Bennett, 3 non-guaranteed contracts from Cavs they just got from the Jazz, 1st rounder from the 76'ers they just got from the Magic, 2 first rounders from the Cavs- the picks they own from Miami and Memphis

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I have HEARD--- not my opinion- my opinion is still that the Cavs need to give up Wiggins

But I have heard

Twolves get: Thad Young, Anthony Bennett, 3 non-guaranteed contracts from Cavs they just got from the Jazz, 1st rounder from the 76'ers they just got from the Magic, 2 first rounders from the Cavs- the picks they own from Miami and Memphis

Flip should've taken that Warriors offer.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But I have heard

I would love that!!!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love that!!!

I think its probably too good to be true. ---but who knows---

getting the first pick 3 out of 4 years and having LeBron resign and getting Kyrie to be a Cav the next 6 years all seemed to good to be true as well..

HAS TO BE A CONSPIRACY!!!! UGHHHHHH

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
SPURS getting shafted again.

They have to go and travel to Cleveland for opening night.

You would think the defending champs could at least get a home game for their opener and not be part of that spectacle.

I hope POPOVICH rests all his stars for game 1.
lol...Its Lebron's world and everyone is just living in it. I can understand how a Spurs fan is upset. However, take comfort in knowing that you lead the finals series over Lebron 2-1 (11-5 in games). Also, it puts some pressure on the Cavs in game one against a real solid team.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

But I have heard

Pretty good haul by the T-Wolves and really good for the Cavs. What do the 76ers get out of it but a wink wink from the league that they will win the lotto.:ss:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its probably too good to be true. ---but who knows---

getting the first pick 3 out of 4 years and having LeBron resign and getting Kyrie to be a Cav the next 6 years all seemed to good to be true as well..

HAS TO BE A CONSPIRACY!!!! UGHHHHHH

Nah but in Minny's defense they would get Bennett and Young and probably 3 or 4 1st rounders. Still not that great though, unless they think Young is a stud

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good haul by the T-Wolves and really good for the Cavs. What do the 76ers get out of it but a wink wink from the league that they will win the lotto.:ss:

So they would basically give up Young and a 1st for Waiters. If he starts he could put up 20+ a game.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree: This in no way makes the Sixers better. You simply replace Thadeus Young with Waiters. The T-Wolves get a crap ton of picks (mid-to-late 1st round picks) and players in Bennett (who may be a bust).

While the Cavs strike gold and get Love.

I'm with you though, if this deal were to go through, the 76ers would get the number one pick next year's draft. I'll even have trojan book mark this post so we can revisit this next June.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But I have heard

"Heard" meaning reading tweets? Lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: This in no way makes the Sixers better. You simply replace Thadeus Young with Waiters. The T-Wolves get a crap ton of picks (mid-to-late 1st round picks) and players in Bennett (who may be a bust).

While the Cavs strike gold and get Love.

I'm with you though, if this deal were to go through, the 76ers would get the number one pick next year's draft. I'll even have trojan book mark this post so we can revisit this next June.

compare this to the deal for

Melo

D. Will

Howard

Harden

KG

and its really not that different......the team trading the superstar on the last year of their contract never gets anything close to full value- its just how it goes - especially if the player has a specific team they are trying to get to like Melo to the Knicks- then it becomes even less--- ESPECIALLY when because of how the CBA is- Love is not going to sign an extension right away with ANYBODY (even though he can say and HAS said he will sign an extension with Cleveland once his current deal runs out- but thats different then having the name of the contract when as a sign and trade which is just not going to happen since it would cost Love a lot of money with how the CBA is setup)

all those factors conspire against the Twolves getting anything close to equal value in a Love trade----if they get Wiggins they really should be ecstatic- because that would be the best value of a player to change hands in any of those deals- Harden, Howard, Melo, KG, Dwill

Bennett, Thad Young and 3 first rounders would be similar to what other teams have gotten....

now if they get Wiggins, Thad Young and Bennet and a first rounder or two then they would really make out well

or if they got Thompson, Lee, Barnes they would really make out well

-----but-----even though I am a Cleveland fan i am on the fence about trading Wiggins for a multitude of reasons- but I wont be upset if we get Love i can tell yo uthat

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why I would think twice about trading Wiggins if I am the Cavs

-there is a reason why this kids name has been in the news for two plus years and multiple teams tanked for a chance at him. He is a freak athlete, that is a good hard-working kid- and loves to play defense. How often do those three things come together? almost never.

-once he develops and gets 1-2 years under his belt he will be able to do a very good job on the opposing teams best scorer whether its a PG, SG or SF- that takes ENORMOUS pressure off LeBron, and allows LeBron to do LeBron things like jump passing lanes, get out in transition, float around on defense, get chase-down blocks, conserve his energy

-There is not a better situation that this kid could come into in order to make sure he develops correctly. He will not have the pressure on him that normally comes with being the type or propsect he is. He will learn from the best in the game. And- once LeBron has begun his decline- Wiggins and Irving can seamlessly take this team into the next phase of its existence as an amazing 1-2 offense/defense punch

-He is cheap for the next 4 years and gives the Cavs payroll flexibility that they just wont have if they have 3 max players on the payroll

-and lastly

I WANT TO SEE KYRIE, LEBRON, WIGGINS run fast breaks so bad- as i have said before- I saw Robbie and Omar turn two- PERFECTION on the field of sport- those 3 running a fast break once they get acclimated to eachother will be close to that feeling i got when i saw Omar and Robbie turn a double play, or to see Peyton call an audible at the line and hit Marvin on a back shoulder timing route in the front corner of the endzone, or watch Jim Edmonds run down a fly ball, or watch Manny Ramirez hit a David Eckersly pitch off his shoe tops for a HR, -------those moments are why we watch sports and having a triumvirate of those 3 running a fastbreak would give us some moments where we get the chills as sports fans

LUNCHBOX

LOGIC
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why I would think twice about trading Wiggins if I am the Cavs

-there is a reason why this kids name has been in the news for two plus years and multiple teams tanked for a chance at him. He is a freak athlete, that is a good hard-working kid- and loves to play defense. How often do those three things come together? almost never.

-once he develops and gets 1-2 years under his belt he will be able to do a very good job on the opposing teams best scorer whether its a PG, SG or SF- that takes ENORMOUS pressure off LeBron, and allows LeBron to do LeBron things like jump passing lanes, get out in transition, float around on defense, get chase-down blocks, conserve his energy

-There is not a better situation that this kid could come into in order to make sure he develops correctly. He will not have the pressure on him that normally comes with being the type or propsect he is. He will learn from the best in the game. And- once LeBron has begun his decline- Wiggins and Irving can seamlessly take this team into the next phase of its existence as an amazing 1-2 offense/defense punch

-He is cheap for the next 4 years and gives the Cavs payroll flexibility that they just wont have if they have 3 max players on the payroll

-and lastly

I WANT TO SEE KYRIE, LEBRON, WIGGINS run fast breaks so bad- as i have said before- I saw Robbie and Omar turn two- PERFECTION on the field of sport- those 3 running a fast break once they get acclimated to eachother will be close to that feeling i got when i saw Omar and Robbie turn a double play, or to see Peyton call an audible at the line and hit Marvin on a back shoulder timing route in the front corner of the endzone, or watch Jim Edmonds run down a fly ball, or watch Manny Ramirez hit a David Eckersly pitch off his shoe tops for a HR, -------those moments are why we watch sports and having a triumvirate of those 3 running a fastbreak would give us some moments where we get the chills as sports fans

The cavs for all of their new found wealth are now in a tough position....lebron has 3 - 4 maybe elite years left in him, so he is in the win now frame of mind, which is why he wants a 25 year old 4 who can stretch the court and board with the best of them ( but probably hurts them defensivly ) ......or hold onto what could be a special player....if im the cavs I hold wiggens and see if Lebron can bring them to the finals as constructed ( although the Cavs I think need some type of rim protector ).......

Bottom line ...its unrealistic to think that the cavs can get love without including wiggans ....all trades should hurt a little, while benefiting both teams