• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'm saying if you commit and drop out, don't expect a invite 2 years from now for the actual olympics

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please when you guys have a chance before 5pm today vote on the 5 NBA playoff match ups on this board. Thanks some match ups are tied and need a tie breaker.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
steph is not the type of guy who can carry a team on his shoulders for an entire season.

Kobe, Wade (in his prime), Melo, KD, CP, Lebron, and a few others can

Steph carried the warriors on his shoulders all season last year

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a legit reason to not play. He is just under contract for one year. He would want to be under a guaranteed long term contract before playing a game where he is not paid.

I'm not saying he doesn't have a legit reason. My point is he always knew this would be the last year of his contract so his ass shouldn't have ever committed to the team. This contract situation isn't something new.

I wouldn't invite any of them who dropped out except Leonard to the Olympics

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steph carried the warriors on his shoulders all season last year

:L

Easy to carry a team when you're surrounded by other quality players. When you're playing with Klay, Iggy, Lee, and Bogut you should be able to win 50+ game.

My point is I don't think he can carry a shitty roster to the playoffs as Lebron did 2005-2007 with Cleveland, as Kobe did 2005-2006, as Wade did 2009-2010, & as Paul did 2011 with the Hornets.

All of those players played with crappy rosters. None of those teams had a player the quality of Lee, Klay, Iggy, or Bogut on their roster.

There is no comparison

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You actually do. In baseball, you can hit over .300, 50 HRs and 130 RBI's. But if no one else in the line up is hitting and your pitching staff sucks, you're still going to lose alot of games. Same thing in football. As a player, you can only do so much on a team. If we added Adrian Peterson to the Phins, my team will probably still finish around 9-7 or 10-6 given the holes on defense and the offensive line.

Basketball gives you the opportunity to have an affect on both ends. Steph Curry's a great scoring PG, but his defense is OK, not great. Basketball is a team sport and no player can do it by themselves. But you have more control over your team outcome in basketball than the other two sports.

Exactly. Look at the hot garbage that guys like Kobe, Lebron, D-Wade, KG and heck even Bosh have dragged into the playoffs. When you have a guy on your team who can drop 30+ points pretty much anytime they want to AND can defend the opponents best player, your team has a pretty good shot at winning more games and making the playoffs.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Easy to carry a team when you're surrounded by other quality players. When you're playing with Klay, Iggy, Lee, and Bogut you should be able to win 50+ game.

My point is I don't think he can carry a shitty roster to the playoffs as Lebron did 2005-2007 with Cleveland, as Kobe did 2005-2006, as Wade did 2009-2010, & as Paul did 2011 with the Hornets.

All of those players played with crappy rosters. None of those teams had a player the quality of Lee, Klay, Iggy, or Bogut on their roster.

There is no comparison

"Smush Parker > Klay Thompson" - Hambombs

:lol:

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Jared Karnes, Beasley’s agent, said Thursday he has had more than one conversation with the Heat but “nothing has resulted in a deal. [Other] teams have called expressing interest. There has been quite a bit of activity the past four days. Teams are encouraged by his career-best field-goal percentage (49.9) … and his attitude when asked to play a reduced role.”

Among all players who appeared in at least 20 regular-season games, Beasley was 47th in points per 48 minutes, at 25.2.

Read more here: Miami Heat still non-committal on Michael Beasley, Greg Oden - Miami Heat - MiamiHerald.com

Let's get this done already.
2X with the organization and 2X has not had the requisite focus particularly on defense. I think it may be time to move on.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2X with the organization and 2X has not had the requisite focus particularly on defense. I think it may be time to move on.

I'm starting to move in this direction as well. If you haven't focused yet after being in the league for 6 years, at some point you're just not going to get it.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to move in this direction as well. If you haven't focused yet after being in the league for 6 years, at some point you're just not going to get it.

Call me blind, but I watched near every minute of his playing time, and he always seemed engaged in playing D.
Was he always successful? Of course not, but who was?
Our team D was down across the board last season.
Plus, consider who was on the court with him during his minutes.
Successful D is executed as a group.

You guys make it sound like the other 4 guys on the court with him were excelling and he was the only one lost.

Were talking a minimum salary 1 or 2 year deal here.

James is no longer here so the players willing to come here for discounted rates isn't happening.

I'm curious to know who you feel can potentially add more then Beasley can are available for 1M.

It's funny, last year he was welcomed on a 2x championship roster and moved UP the rotation until Oden moved down.