• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It's just ridiculous when players commit and drop out for no good reason.

All those players who dropped out without a legit reason (pretty much everyone except Leonard) I will not invite back 2 years from now
He has a legit reason to not play. He is just under contract for one year. He would want to be under a guaranteed long term contract before playing a game where he is not paid.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard Love's attitude is a major hindrance. I wonder if this will affect him in Cleveland. Lebron certainly grew up while in Miami, at least in the respects of not continuously show boating and taking selfies with the team. Maybe Lebron smacks him upside the head.

I heard that too.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Do you think steph curry would get that team to the playoffs? I don't

You actually do. In baseball, you can hit over .300, 50 HRs and 130 RBI's. But if no one else in the line up is hitting and your pitching staff sucks, you're still going to lose alot of games. Same thing in football. As a player, you can only do so much on a team. If we added Adrian Peterson to the Phins, my team will probably still finish around 9-7 or 10-6 given the holes on defense and the offensive line.

Basketball gives you the opportunity to have an affect on both ends. Steph Curry's a great scoring PG, but his defense is OK, not great. Basketball is a team sport and no player can do it by themselves. But you have more control over your team outcome in basketball than the other two sports.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You actually do. In baseball, you can hit over .300, 50 HRs and 130 RBI's. But if no one else in the line up is hitting and your pitching staff sucks, you're still going to lose alot of games. Same thing in football. As a player, you can only do so much on a team. If we added Adrian Peterson to the Phins, my team will probably still finish around 9-7 or 10-6 given the wholes on defense and the offensive line.

Basketball gives you the opportunity to have an affect on both ends. Steph Curry's a great scoring PG, but his defense is OK, not great. Basketball is a team sport and no player can do it by themselves. But you have more control over your team outcome in basketball than the other two sports.

My question is does steph curry get TWolves to playoffs minus Kevin love?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jared Karnes, Beasley’s agent, said Thursday he has had more than one conversation with the Heat but “nothing has resulted in a deal. [Other] teams have called expressing interest. There has been quite a bit of activity the past four days. Teams are encouraged by his career-best field-goal percentage (49.9) … and his attitude when asked to play a reduced role.”

Among all players who appeared in at least 20 regular-season games, Beasley was 47th in points per 48 minutes, at 25.2.

Read more here: Miami Heat still non-committal on Michael Beasley, Greg Oden - Miami Heat - MiamiHerald.com

Let's get this done already.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jared Karnes, Beasley’s agent, said Thursday he has had more than one conversation with the Heat but “nothing has resulted in a deal. [Other] teams have called expressing interest. There has been quite a bit of activity the past four days. Teams are encouraged by his career-best field-goal percentage (49.9) … and his attitude when asked to play a reduced role.”

Among all players who appeared in at least 20 regular-season games, Beasley was 47th in points per 48 minutes, at 25.2.

Read more here: Miami Heat still non-committal on Michael Beasley, Greg Oden - Miami Heat - MiamiHerald.com

Love to have Beasley back. But I think someone else will offer him more than the minimum the Heat can only offer.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a strong believer that Beasley can average 14-16 ppg off the bench and challenge for the title as 6th man of the year if given the consistent minutes and an established role every game

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,645.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nobody plays 48mpg, use the per 36 minutes one. Makes more sense.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,645.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love to have Beasley back. But I think someone else will offer him more than the minimum the Heat can only offer.

Based on these crazy contracts this summer he could get 4-6 million per season.

Just look at what Meeks and Bradley got paid.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You would think, but knowing the situation, why would he discuss with the Heat if he wasn't interested?

I'm a strong believer that Beasley can average 14-16 ppg off the bench and challenge for the title as 6th man of the year if given the consistent minutes and an established role every game

I'd sure love to see him be given that role here for a year and just see what happens.
The Heat need to start planning for 2016 and thereafter.
Assuming he doesn't do anything stupid, Spoelstra should just let him play consistently instead of overreacting every time something goes wrong.

Nobody plays 48mpg, use the per 36 minutes one. Makes more sense.

Ok, but all I did was copy an article which chose to use that stat.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a legit reason to not play. He is just under contract for one year. He would want to be under a guaranteed long term contract before playing a game where he is not paid.

So don't commit in the first place....He didn't just know this is the last year of his contract 2 weeks ago.

Nobody forced you to commit

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Do you think steph curry would get that team to the playoffs? I don't

steph is not the type of guy who can carry a team on his shoulders for an entire season.

Kobe, Wade (in his prime), Melo, KD, CP, Lebron, and a few others can

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So don't commit in the first place....He didn't just know this is the last year of his contract 2 weeks ago.

Nobody forced you to commit

well he probably thought his situation would be resolved by now

what if he plays and gets hurt? You think any team is going to trade for him and get him outta Minnesota if he wrecks his knee or something?

Plus- I dont think he wants to answer questions day after day after day and become a potential distraction to the team

From everything I have seen- and from the rumors that broke yesterday that he has requested a trade to the Cavs and told Minne thats the team he would sign an extension with-he will probably be a Cav very soon after the 30 days on Wiggins contract expire

I am on the fence on the whole trade depending on who has tobe given up- BUT-- in light of Chicago getting it- the Cavs cant let him go there - even if with the bigs Chicago has it almost doesnt even make a lot of sense for him to be in Chicago

If its Wiggins, Bennet and a #1....thats fine i guess------ if its Wiggins, Bennett, and they have to deal Waiters and a 2nd #1 to another team to take contracts- then I dont think i would do it