• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cities fill up arena/stadiums when they are winning, and not so much when they aren't.
Every fan base has diehards, but they all have front running bandwaggoners.
Cleveland is no different.

As far as Bosh, often his play left him open to criticism. Sometimes justified sometimes not, because of how he was used.
I don't think anyone here thinks he is some elite, going to get us to the Finals player.
He is what he is, and what that is, is about par to what Love is. Personally, I'd take Bosh, but I've seen a lot more of Bosh than Love so maybe Im biased.

Well of course you would take him he was a part of 2 championships. But just bc Love hasn't experienced being on a good or great team we can't dismiss him. Even if he played with Lebron, it is a different situation with a much younger team. I am just going by Bosh to 25 years old compared to Love at 25. Love has been a better player so far. Bosh has now accomplished a lot more in his career, which has made him an even better player.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,795.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: at Cavs fans and Warriors fans.

Cavs fans: We get it, you are all running around with chubbies now that "The King Has Returned" (gayest thing I've ever seen re: player, btw). But as of right now, you aren't much, if any, better than you were when Lebron was in Cleveland before. You are counting on a player that some think maybe overrated, a player who's looking like a bust, a player who has yet to see 1 second of NBA action and/or a trade for a player from a team that has better trade offers than yours.

You may want to actually have these guys play a game or 2 together before you start picking out a place for a championship banner.

Warriors fans: It may very well be that Kerr is a great coach. From listening to him as an analyst, he seems to know his stuff. Guess what? When Mark Jackson was an analyst, he sounded like he really knew his stuff too. As of right now, you have the same thing that you had when Mark Jackson became your coach, a guy who sounds good on t.v., but who has never coached an NBA game. Until he actually coaches a game or 2 and has to make some in game adjustments, you don't know what you have for a coach. Guys like Pop, Phil, etc. didn't become great coaches and win rings because they have such a great "system".

Every coach has a good to great "system". The difference is in how those coaches adjust during games and throughout the season and playoffs when injuries and fatigue become factors. Pop and Phil are/were masters at this.

Best advice to both bases: Be excited about what is happening with your team, but stand down a bit. Ask Heat fans how much crap they had to put up with when their team didn't meet expectations in the first year of the big 3.

*drops mic*

:clap:

Wait till Russ-alini sees this.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,795.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:omg:

Give him a fucking cookie! :laugh3:

You were acting like Love is soooooo much better than Bosh and I simply pointed out Bosh helped his team wins some playoff games.

You didn't understand that? Or just can't admit when you're wrong?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well of course you would take him he was a part of 2 championships. But just bc Love hasn't experienced being on a good or great team we can't dismiss him. Even if he played with Lebron, it is a different situation with a much younger team. I am just going by Bosh to 25 years old compared to Love at 25.
Love has been a better player so far.
Bosh has now accomplished a lot more in his career, which has made him an even better player.

Not sure what this is based on, but whatever.

I know what Bosh brings and how smart of a player he is.

I'm not really sure what Love is or will be, but I do know that defense wins championships, and Bosh is the better defender.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,795.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not really sure what Love is or will be, but I do know that defense wins championships, and Bosh is the better defender.

That too and it's bizarre to think one player is better offensively just because he averages a higher ppg.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Something is desperately wrong here turnup. We are agreeing WAY too much.:lol:

People who are trying to claim that Bosh isn't at least at the same level that Love is at, either haven't been paying attention or don't understand just how much of his game that Bosh sacrificed to make things work in Miami.

I've pointed out before, in order for the big 3 to work, one of them was ALWAYS going to have to take a big step back and it was ALWAYS going to be Bosh. The reason is, Lebron is/was the best player in the game and the Heat were D-Wade's team.

Miami went through enough "growing pains" in that first season that it cost them the championship. Imagine how much worse those growing pains would have been if Bosh had been demanding his "touches" instead of taking that step back. Heck, he could have blown the whole thing up at any time over those 4 years if he decided he wanted equal footing with Lebron and D-Wade.

Also, Bosh is actually a better player now than he was 4 years ago, imo because he's added the 3 to his game.

For what it's worth, if the Lakers were in position to pick between Love and Bosh, I'd want them to take Love, but only because he's younger, not because I think he's better. End of the day, I'd be thrilled if they were to get either one.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That too and it's bizarre to think one player is better offensively just because he averages a higher ppg.

If Love joins the Cavs, the natural thought would be that his numbers would take the biggest hit, like Bosh's did, because he wouldn't get near the touches.

If it comes to that, lets see if he is mentally strong enough to go stretches of the game as being an afterthought in the offense.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something is desperately wrong here turnup. We are agreeing WAY too much.:lol:

People who are trying to claim that Bosh isn't at least at the same level that Love is at, either haven't been paying attention or don't understand just how much of his game that Bosh sacrificed to make things work in Miami.

I've pointed out before, in order for the big 3 to work, one of them was ALWAYS going to have to take a big step back and it was ALWAYS going to be Bosh. The reason is, Lebron is/was the best player in the game and the Heat were D-Wade's team.

Miami went through enough "growing pains" in that first season that it cost them the championship. Imagine how much worse those growing pains would have been if Bosh had been demanding his "touches" instead of taking that step back. Heck, he could have blown the whole thing up at any time over those 4 years if he decided he wanted equal footing with Lebron and D-Wade.

Also, Bosh is actually a better player now than he was 4 years ago, imo because he's added the 3 to his game.

For what it's worth, if the Lakers were in position to pick between Love and Bosh, I'd want them to take Love, but only because he's younger, not because I think he's better. End of the day, I'd be thrilled if they were to get either one.

If asked yes or no, I would agree, but if the scenario is being asked to be option #3 for a few season like Bosh has been asked to do, then I still take Bosh.
I know he is smart enough and mature enough to accept the diminished role on offense and not let that allow him to become complacent in his other responsibilities during the game.

Can/will Love do that?

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron was a Bosh rebound-and-assist away from leaving Miami with only 1 ring.

Just the facts.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep making excuses man. Maybe bc he shoots from outside a lot more than Bosh every did in Toronto. Why are you Heat fans upping Bosh up to Love's level. He isn't at it, and that is a fact. Great player, but he isn't and never will be Love.

But the fact is I want Cleveland to keep their current roster, but I'm sure if played with Lebron his FG Pct would rise as well.

His fg pct would rise but what you fail to realize is that bosh was about a 50 pct shooter before LeBron. Let's see how much love would avg as a 3rd option. Easy to score mid 20s when the rest of the roster are full of role players and you're chucking up about 20 shots nightly. Let's see him avg that when he is fighting for #2 with kyrie and barely getting 15 shots per night if that.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

If asked yes or no, I would agree, but if the scenario is being asked to be option #3 for a few season like Bosh has been asked to do, then I still take Bosh.
I know he is smart enough and mature enough to accept the diminished role on offense and not let that allow him to become complacent in his other responsibilities during the game.

Can/will Love do that?

:agree: Bosh has shown that he can take that step back and still be effective when called upon. Love has not shown that (understanding that he hasn't been put in that position yet). I guess, for me, if we're talking about the Lakers this coming season, I'm taking Love. If we're talking about adding one of them to the Kobe/Gasol Lakers, then I'm taking Bosh.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he will. Yes, he will take his fair share but they need him to rebound, he is a great rebounder for a reason and I expect them to use him in a way to use that great skill.

Love won't be coming to the Cavs to shag Kyrie's rebounds.

That's Andy and Tristan Thompson's job.

I think that he will have zero problem playing Robin to Bron's Batman.

But, I don't think he will be quite as gracious with Kyrie.

If I'm picking between the 2 players today, I'm taking Love.

But, the gap between he and Bosh is not nearly as large as some people think.

Chris was humble enough to stay in his lane for the sake of winning.

He didn't put up big numbers in Miami. But, that doesn't mean he can't.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosh is on the decline and Love is an Allstar. Bosh really doesn't do anything great. He is a well rounded player but he isn't a great player anymore. I don't even think he is in the Top 10 in PF's or in Miami's case Top 10 at center.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow lol

You guys really do not understand how hard it is to avg similar stats when you go from top dog to 3rd option while playing with 2 of the best 10 players in the league for 3 seasons. Bosh game is better than he was in Toronto

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosh is on the decline and Love is an Allstar. Bosh really doesn't do anything great. He is a well rounded player but he isn't a great player anymore. I don't even think he is in the Top 10 in PF's or in Miami's case Top 10 at center.

Really?

Name 10 pf's in the NBA that are better than Bosh?

I agree he could be on the other side of his prime.

But, he is easily a top 10 pf.

1. Aldridge

2. Love

3, 4, 5 Blake/Davis/Dirk

6. ZBO

7, 8 Bosh/Duncan

9. ??????

10.??????

Al Jefferson, D Cousins, Horford are Centers.

I don't know what Monroe and Drummond are..Pf's and Centers?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot Milsap.

He's undersized.

But, plays big.

He'd be #9 and I guess I'll give #10 to David West :noidea:.

Neither guy is better than Bosh.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,795.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Love joins the Cavs, the natural thought would be that his numbers would take the biggest hit, like Bosh's did, because he wouldn't get near the touches.

If it comes to that, lets see if he is mentally strong enough to go stretches of the game as being an afterthought in the offense.

Yep and I'm not sure if Irving is down with his numbers decreasing.

A leopard can't change his spots.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were acting like Love is soooooo much better than Bosh and I simply pointed out Bosh helped his team wins some playoff games.

You didn't understand that? Or just can't admit when you're wrong?

I was pointing out too. I never said Love was soooo much better than Bosh.