• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say it again, Irving puts up decent offensive stats while being the #1 option on bad teams, who has often padded those stats in garbage time.
He is a below average defender. He's been injury probe for as long as we've known his name.
While Wade obviously isn't what he used to be, he was still WAY more efficient then Irving was last year.
I could easily make a list/case to rank him somewhere between 12-15 as far as current preferred PGs.

As far as Bosh/Love, I can understand making a case for Love, but Raptor Bosh was every it as good or better then Love IMO.
You can't fairly compare the last few years when Bosh was delegated to being 3 rd wheel.
Notice when you talk Love, you mention scoring, but not defense?
If his opposition is scoring what he is scoring, then how is that helping his team win?
Is that the reason his teams don't win?

Bosh was never as good as Love in any point of his career and that is saying a lot bc Love is only 25.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosh avg 22/10 & 24/11 in his final 2 years in Toronto on about 16 shots. Love avg 26/13 in his last 2 full seasons (excluded 2013 because he only played 18 games) on about 18-19 shots per game.

Is it a stretch to say that bosh would've avg 26 if he attempted 2-3 more shots per game in his final 2 yrs in Toronto to get 18-19 shots up as.love does?

But he didn't take 2-3 more shots. Love was and is a better player. Better rebounder, shooter, inside game.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he didn't take 2-3 more shots. Love was and is a better player. Better rebounder, shooter, inside game.
Yep!! Love is a "much" better all around player than Bosh. The only thing that Bosh is better at, is defense and that is debatable.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who thinks the Cavs had decent talent surrounding LeBron in Cleveland 5 years ago, is just not much of an NBA talent evaluator. The team went from a 60 win team to a 15 win team when he left. Now, he can take a 33 win team on the rise and make them a title contender. They aren't a shoe in for the title, but they have a decent chance and if they get another piece or two are the favorites.

A Cavs fan that gets it. I didn't think this would exist.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosh was never as good as Love in any point of his career and that is saying a lot bc Love is only 25.

Loves playoff stats are also awesome.:yahoo:

Bosh has produced when it counts the most.
Wake me up, and we can reasses when Love does the same.

God, I'm having flashbacks to Cavs fans 5 -8 years ago.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep!! Love is a "much" better all around player than Bosh. The only thing that Bosh is better at, is defense and that is debatable.

It is always hard to compare defense bc the players around you can help you out and make you look better. Before Bosh came to Miami he was at best average at defense. Now if Love went to the Cavs would he become a better defender and learn more, maybe but we don't know.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really? Playoffs? In 7 seasons with Toronto he played in 11 playoff games. He was 25 at the time, not much of a difference.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mentioned this a while back that Lakers fans would miss Lebron being on the Heat almost as much as we do. This is slowly becoming the CBS days where I actually felt bad for Lakers fans having to hear Cavs fans talk smack to them in the fashion they were doing it. Although the board did have a nice feel once Lebron left Cleveland. Maybe it'll happen again....

As far as Bosh goes. I could concede that Love may be better, but not by much. It's amazing what gets lost in fact that Bosh was relegated to a 3rd player role to eliminate the big man out of the paint so that Wade and Lebron could drive to the lane or get in the block. Team defense could attribute to being a better defender, but I've seen a number of games where Love doesn't play defense and games where Bosh makes great defensive plays. I'll take a player any day of the week who plays defense. Just like I'll still take Wade to this day who may not have the same offensive game as Harden anymore, but at least plays a lick of defense.

It'll be interesting to see what the offense looks like now as Bosh will almost certainly be away from the perimeter and more in the post - possibly similar to what Duncan is used like in San Antonio.....no I'm not saying Bosh is Duncan.

@Hambombs: Bro, you need to drop the Mark Jackson stuff until the end of the season. You have no idea what Kerr will look like as a coach. Not everyone would've coached that team to 50-wins. The roster was good, but not great.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making the playoffs and never going is quite a difference.

You are acting like he was so much better bc he went to a couple of playoff games. They both lost, that doesn't matter. The fact is Love is a better player , but it isn't by a wide margin. The difference is I think Love can be a star, Bosh was a very good player but don't consider him star quality. I am not bashing Bosh, but if Love plays a little defense he could maybe become a superstar some day.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Hambombs: Bro, you need to drop the Mark Jackson stuff until the end of the season. You have no idea what Kerr will look like as a coach. Not everyone would've coached that team to 50-wins. The roster was good, but not great.

Kerr gets a lot of love for never having coached a NBA game. I'm not sure when it comes from. He was an average GM. He was a good broadcaster. I think Phil chasing him increased the perception of his abilities. We shall see.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe because he's not a ball hog? 19 shots for a power forward is pretty ridiculous. How is he a better shooter? Bosh is a career 50 percent shooter while love is at 45. That's the sad part.....love is a better inside player but still is only a 45 percent shooter. The only clear advantage he has is rebounding.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,853.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bosh was pretty damn good in Toronto and the Raps also made the postseason, something Love can't seem to do.

#IJS.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,853.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love isn't a better inside player at all. He makes just 48% of his 2-point FGA's and Bosh makes 51%.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Playoffs? In 7 seasons with Toronto he played in 11 playoff games. He was 25 at the time, not much of a difference.

Seriously, please stop, or maybe tell us again
how die hard the fans are there.

Lately you've just made shit up trying to convince people here of things that factually aren't true.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are acting like he was so much better bc he went to a couple of playoff games. They both lost, that doesn't matter. The fact is Love is a better player , but it isn't by a wide margin. The difference is I think Love can be a star, Bosh was a very good player but don't consider him star quality. I am not bashing Bosh, but if Love plays a little defense he could maybe become a superstar some day.

I'm not saying one is much better than the other by a wide margin at all, I think they're damn near identical in skill. They're both quite similar which seems to be getting misinterpreted in all of this debating. Making the playoffs isn't the end all be all, but the fact that Love hasn't even been is at least something Bosh in his Toronto days could bring up.

For not being an "all-star" guy, he's a 9-time all-star. So, there's that.

Like it's been said many times before. I'm sure Love will get traded to the Cavs and they'll have a big 3 of Lebron/Irving/Love. You're going to have to manage some egos and settle into some roles. Love isn't going to average 26 and 13 in Cleveland like he did in Minnesota. There are going to be times where your fanbase is frustrated with the stats he's putting up. Same with Irving, who I think will be the biggest question mark because he can't play defense either and is a volume shooter.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,853.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

12 playoff games.

And it's Canada, not a hotbed of basketball my friend. They are into hockey up there.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,853.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosh won 4 more playoff games in Toronto than Love has in Minnesota.

That's just a fact.