• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what's your point?

The point is, he's figured out that winning 60+ regular season games means nothing if you are killing yourself to get there.
Championship teams can win road games.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he actually had depth around him back then and some athletes---in miami dwade would get babied and Lebron would have to do everything and it was unfair- be the best defensive player, offensive player, the best playmaker etc....

now he can rely on the young legs of other guys instead of guys relying on his young legs......

AND MAYBE even get an easy bucket or two instead of the knock down drag it out grind of a half court offensve Miami had where every point and every time you went tothe basket it would be a mugging...

get out on the break with kyrie and wiggins and millere and get some easy buckets Bron bron!

Oh. I see.
So in 7 years with the Cavs he had so much depth around him that he made 1 Finals and was swept in it.

But in Miami, the babied Wade & Co. roster was only good enough to be in 4 straight Finals with 2 championships. :L

And if you don't think he will continue to get mugged, your dreaming.
His biggest asset/advantage is overpowering people.
Opponents aren't stupid. They will make it as tough on him as possible.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh. I see.
So in 7 years with the Cavs he had so much depth around him that he made 1 Finals and was swept in it.

But in Miami, the babied Wade & Co. roster was only good enough to be in 4 straight Finals with 2 championships. :L

And if you don't think he will continue to get mugged, your dreaming.
His biggest asset/advantage is overpowering people.
Opponents aren't stupid. They will make it as tough on him as possible.

his biggest asset is that he might be the best fastbreak player in the history of the game and the Heat had the worst roster around him to tkae advantage of his skills

the Heat were a great team no doubt going to 4 straight finals- but it was- ill be great- you be great- you be great- --- there was no flow- it wasnt a team- it was indiviudal greatness---

LEBron will actually have guys around him now that compliment his game---- i mean the shooters in miami definitely did- the Cavs have those- PLUS athletes that can run with him and allow LeBron to jump passing lanes again, to run,to get his chase downs- instead of playing half court grind it out and pay for every point ball

plus- the Heat pg position was just so bad the last few years - no playmakers- no one to push the ball...no one to jump passing lanes and turn defense to offense

it will be totally different on Cleveland in that way......we can see what LeBron himself can do leading a team (as long as they dont get Love and then its kinda just more miami-but just with a better big 3)

i want them to keep the team they have and see what it looks like and see what LeBron can do with a bunch of talented super athletic youngsters and a few wily vets like Varejao and Miller

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his biggest asset is that he might be the best fastbreak player in the history of the game and the Heat had the worst roster around him to tkae advantage of his skills

the Heat were a great team no doubt going to 4 straight finals- but it was- ill be great- you be great- you be great- --- there was no flow- it wasnt a team- it was indiviudal greatness---

LEBron will actually have guys around him now that compliment his game---- i mean the shooters in miami definitely did- the Cavs have those- PLUS athletes that can run with him and allow LeBron to jump passing lanes again, to run,to get his chase downs- instead of playing half court grind it out and pay for every point ball

plus- the Heat pg position was just so bad the last few years - no playmakers- no one to push the ball...no one to jump passing lanes and turn defense to offense

it will be totally different on Cleveland in that way......we can see what LeBron himself can do leading a team (as long as they dont get Love and then its kinda just more miami-but just with a better big 3)

i want them to keep the team they have and see what it looks like and see what LeBron can do with a bunch of talented super athletic youngsters and a few wily vets like Varejao and Miller

I agree to an extent, but come on...the Heat have been a nightly highlight reel because of fast breaks.
The thing is, defense/ steals creates most of the fast breaks, not your PG.

Also, the Heat figured out the way to make it easiest for James on offense was to spread the court with shooters. Based on who the Cavs have picked off of old Heat rosters it would appear that James wants to continue to operate in that same fashion.

Lastly, I find it almost comical that so many of you feel that if you get Love, that your Big 3 would be better/ more talented then what Miami had.
You better stop looking at past stats when all 3 were #1 options, because those days would be over.
Accepting that was a huge part of why it worked in Miami.

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who thinks the Cavs had decent talent surrounding LeBron in Cleveland 5 years ago, is just not much of an NBA talent evaluator. The team went from a 60 win team to a 15 win team when he left. Now, he can take a 33 win team on the rise and make them a title contender. They aren't a shoe in for the title, but they have a decent chance and if they get another piece or two are the favorites.

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lastly, I find it almost comical that so many of you feel that if you get Love, that your Big 3 would be better/ more talented then what Miami had.

I think Love, LeBron, and Irving are better than Wade, LeBron, and Bosh were when they went to Miami. Wade has been past his prime for many years. Bosh was a very good player but not a great player. Many consider Love the best scoring PF in the league, LeBron is still the best player in the world and Irving most consider the best upcoming PG in the league.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,853.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Love, LeBron, and Irving are better than Wade, LeBron, and Bosh were when they went to Miami. Wade has been past his prime for many years. Bosh was a very good player but not a great player. Many consider Love the best scoring PF in the league, LeBron is still the best player in the world and Irving most consider the best upcoming PG in the league.

Morning.

There's no guarantee they get Love when GS can offer a better package.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way would they be better than Miami big 3 during the first 3 years together. At most they would be better on offense than the 3 last year and miami big 3 always will be better on defense. Before bosh came to miami he put up Kevin love like numbers in his final 2 yrs with Toronto.

What you need to realize is that kyrie numbers will take a hit especially if love comes. He's already not nearly as an efficient shooter as wade is and if love comes he becomes the 3rd option so no more avg 17 & 18 shots per game. Kyrie will avg 16-18 on 13-15 shots.

People love shitting on wade but forgets that he avg 25, 22, & 21 in the first 3 yrs with LeBron on 50% shooting 2x & 52% shooting in year 3. Kyrie is a jump shooter so at best he may approach 47%

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll say it again, Irving puts up decent offensive stats while being the #1 option on bad teams, who has often padded those stats in garbage time.
He is a below average defender. He's been injury probe for as long as we've known his name.
While Wade obviously isn't what he used to be, he was still WAY more efficient then Irving was last year.
I could easily make a list/case to rank him somewhere between 12-15 as far as current preferred PGs.

As far as Bosh/Love, I can understand making a case for Love, but Raptor Bosh was every it as good or better then Love IMO.
You can't fairly compare the last few years when Bosh was delegated to being 3 rd wheel.
Notice when you talk Love, you mention scoring, but not defense?
If his opposition is scoring what he is scoring, then how is that helping his team win?
Is that the reason his teams don't win?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kerr is a massive upgrade over Jackson? I call BS.

Agreed. Nobody seen kerr coach a game yet. Judgements can't be made until the year is done.

This is as dumb as saying fisher is a better coach than woodson.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn turnup we basically said the same thing lol

Great minds often think alike.:nod:

I'm not hating on Kyrie, but as you know, I have always thought that he was was more hype then substance.

Unless people really watched every Heat game the last 4 years, they don't understand how Bosh was basically eliminated from the Heats offense a lot of the time. He was much more used to create spacing so the others could thrive.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosh avg 22/10 & 24/11 in his final 2 years in Toronto on about 16 shots. Love avg 26/13 in his last 2 full seasons (excluded 2013 because he only played 18 games) on about 18-19 shots per game.

Is it a stretch to say that bosh would've avg 26 if he attempted 2-3 more shots per game in his final 2 yrs in Toronto to get 18-19 shots up as.love does?

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,853.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say it again, Irving puts up decent offensive stats while being the #1 option on bad teams, who has often padded those stats in garbage time.
He is a below average defender. He's been injury probe for as long as we've known his name.
While Wade obviously isn't what he used to be, he was still WAY more efficient then Irving was last year.
I could easily make a list/case to rank him somewhere between 12-15 as far as current preferred PGs.

As far as Bosh/Love, I can understand making a case for Love, but Raptor Bosh was every it as good or better then Love IMO.
You can't fairly compare the last few years when Bosh was delegated to being 3 rd wheel.
Notice when you talk Love, you mention scoring, but not defense?
If his opposition is scoring what he is scoring, then how is that helping his team win?
Is that the reason his teams don't win?

We called him Mr Glass at FN and Russ would have a stroke over it.

:lol:

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,853.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Nobody seen kerr coach a game yet. Judgements can't be made until the year is done.

Trying to be nice and fit in easily but a lot of stuff Hambombs says leaves me :confused2:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kerr is a massive upgrade over Jackson? I call BS.

Warriors led the league in ISOs. Kerr will have a motion offense similar to pop. Also work in the high post with the big men. Ball movement= better offense for the warriors who aren't ISO type offense. The defense is going to be really good under Ron Adams I don't see much drop off at all, the guy was thibs right hand man in Chicago. Yeah.. Kerrs coaching staff >>> mark Jackson's. Mark Jackson wasn't a good coach