• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If LBJ leaves Cleveland his legacy would be destroyed

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His legacy is already patterned.
I think he left the door wide open IF he wins a championship there.

If he leaves before delivering a title, then he just becomes a joke.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staying loyal to a team in the environment of the new CBA is a dying breed. Kobe, Wade, and Duncan may be the last of their kind in that regard. The James-type player is going to do two things: seek out a team that will pay max contracts and hopefully it will be the same team that assembles enough players to get a ring. But expecting players to stay with the same team their entire career is rapidly becoming a pipe dream.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe not. I'm playing devil's advocate here, but don't the best players in the league tend to drive the league in certain directions? Leave their mark, so to speak?

Magic and Bird brought the league from a niche league that couldn't even get their championship games on in primetime, to a hugely popular league whose games became must see. They are also largely responsible for the money and endorsement opportunities that are available to players today.

MJ took it international and made the league more "star driven" and increased the marketing opportunities that were available to players.

Kobe took MJ's taking the game international and built on that, particularly is places like China.

Maybe Lebron is driving the league towards players using free agency to set themselves up in the most favorable situations possible?

I've posted before that I think with players like Kobe, Tim Duncan, D-Wade and Dirk, we are seeing the last of the great players who will spend their entire careers with one organization. Perhaps Lebron is just the first of players who will (potentially) collect multiple rings from multiple franchises, while in the prime or near prime of their careers?

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:bolt:

Last edited by a moderator:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahaha, Kobe had Horry and Fisher hitting all those big shots, Magic had big game james coming up big in the playoffs, MJ had paxson and kerr and was allowed to push off to get open...those guys just had better teams to wipe up their messes.

LOL u are comparing Horry and Fisher, Paxson and Kerr with Wade,Bosh and Allen. :laugh3: Just made my day. Thanks for the laugh. MJ and Kobe stayed with their teams. They brought winning to their team. Wade brought winning to miami. LBJ hasn't won anything. Going back to Cleveland gives him a chance now.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staying loyal to a team in the environment of the new CBA is a dying breed. Kobe, Wade, and Duncan may be the last of their kind in that regard. The James-type player is going to do two things: seek out a team that will pay max contracts and hopefully it will be the same team that assembles enough players to get a ring. But expecting players to stay with the same team their entire career is rapidly becoming a pipe dream.

Disagree to a point. I think KD, Rose and Blake stay with their teams for a long time.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,394.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahaha, Kobe had Horry and Fisher hitting all those big shots, Magic had big game james coming up big in the playoffs, MJ had paxson and kerr and was allowed to push off to get open...those guys just had better teams to wipe up their messes.

Wow, just wow. Without Kobe, Fisher & Horry would never have been in position to attempt those shots. Same with the Bulls without MJ.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree to a point. I think KD, Rose and Blake stay with their teams for a long time.

No doubt Rose will.
Most teams would want their max player to wear a uniform vs a suit.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not. I'm playing devil's advocate here, but don't the best players in the league tend to drive the league in certain directions? Leave their mark, so to speak?

Magic and Bird brought the league from a niche league that couldn't even get their championship games on in primetime, to a hugely popular league whose games became must see. They are also largely responsible for the money and endorsement opportunities that are available to players today.

MJ took it international and made the league more "star driven" and increased the marketing opportunities that were available to players.

Kobe took MJ's taking the game international and built on that, particularly is places like China.

Maybe Lebron is driving the league towards players using free agency to set themselves up in the most favorable situations possible?

I've posted before that I think with players like Kobe, Tim Duncan, D-Wade and Dirk, we are seeing the last of the great players who will spend their entire careers with one organization. Perhaps Lebron is just the first of players who will (potentially) collect multiple rings from multiple franchises, while in the prime or near prime of their careers?

And, likewise, player-fans will one day outnumber team-fans as an indirect result.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL u are comparing Horry and Fisher, Paxson and Kerr with Wade,Bosh and Allen. :laugh3: Just made my day. Thanks for the laugh. MJ and Kobe stayed with their teams. They brought winning to their team. Wade brought winning to miami. LBJ hasn't won anything. Going back to Cleveland gives him a chance now.

I'm comparing the killer instinct. Jordan and Kobe turned to the likes of role players to bail them out. This myth of their killer instinct has been exposed many times when Jordan and Kobe couldn't get the job done and horry, fisher, paxson, and kerr needed to come up big instead. LOL @ Jordan and Kobe's "killer instinct"

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, just wow. Without Kobe, Fisher & Horry would never have been in position to attempt those shots. Same with the Bulls without MJ.

Yet Kobe and Jordan had no killer instinct to seal the deal.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm comparing the killer instinct. Jordan and Kobe turned to the likes of role players to bail them out. This myth of their killer instinct has been exposed many times when Jordan and Kobe couldn't get the job done and horry, fisher, paxson, and kerr needed to come up big instead. LOL @ Jordan and Kobe's "killer instinct"
Kobe and Jordan jock sniffers will disagree with you.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:omg:

You are kidding, right?

You know what Jordan passing to Kerr, Paxson and Kukoc to hit the game winner meant?

He finally learned to play Team ball, trust his Teammates and stop playing hero ball.

I despise Kobe.

But, to say these guys didn't have an assassins mentality is revisionist history at it's worst.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

Add Dirk to the list too.
Dirk will be getting a new 3 year deal. Dirk has remained loyal to the Mavericks franchise and is all about winning.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirk will be getting a new 3 year deal. Dirk has remained loyal to the Mavericks franchise and is all about winning.

Not just a 3 yr deal.

A TEAM FRIENDLY 3yr deal that will help the Mavs get younger and better.

I really love the moves they made.

But, I want them to get a better pg or move Monta to that spot.