• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 21,024.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 27s
ESPN has learned that the Los Angeles Lakers have won the amnesty auction with the highest bid for Boozer

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Sounds like a lil hating going on...the season hasn't even started yet. Plus, are we really 2 believe Spo "coached" the last 4 seasons??? :scratch:
He did not play James Jones as much as Lebron wanted that is for sure and that led to tension. Not hating just making observations and sharing thoughts. He went to Cleveland to have more control and more of a say for both him, his team, and his crew.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand ur point,

I 10000% agree have said this all along. The homesick stuff is touching, if you're actually naïve enough to believe it.

Wade certainly doesn't play like a man in his 40's though.
He had a very nice season last year until the Finals.
Yes, he missed a lot of games, but that was a plan that backfired, more then it was a necessary plan.
Plus, he had that shock treatment on his knee that they knew would take X amount of time to heal.
This is his first summer in a long time when he wasn't rehabbing.

I think you all will see that the Wade has a lot more to offer then you all think.
He also can get back in the mindset of playing without James.
I AM NOT saying that playing without James is a good thing at all, but it will alter his approach.

I just think when you have 2 limit yourself 2 playing 50 games out of 82 that's an indication ur no longer a youngin. So, that is where we disagree.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 21,024.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they have a trade lined up with Randle, Boozer and Davis all playing PF....

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 27s
ESPN has learned that the Los Angeles Lakers have won the amnesty auction with the highest bid for Boozer

:doh:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I 10000% agree have said this all along. The homesick stuff is touching, if you're actually naïve enough to believe it.

Interesting. But the Cavs have been lousy since LeBron left. And he even knows his return alone won't bring a title to Cleveland. I do think that he & his wife really did want to go back home. LBJ's wife's entire family lives in or around Akron & I have always heard she is very close to all of them. A good family is something LeBron never had growing up, I think that means a lot to him.

Meant to qutoe TurnUpTheHeat's # 5,956 comment.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did not play James Jones as much as Lebron wanted that is for sure and that led to tension. Not hating just making observations and sharing thoughts. He went to Cleveland to have more control and more of a say for both him, his team, and his crew.

I just think it's interesting that u think he left 4 reasons other than what he said in his statement.

Shield-Thread Killa

Tribal Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 876.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup

In a WADE-ISH way...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can they please add Levine with Love as well !!!

:laugh3:

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 21,024.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the pickup of Boozer because he was picked up cheaply (the Bulls pay the rest of his salary), but we have Randle and Davis....makes me think there is a trade in the works....

Or we are starting Boozer at C in a small lineup.

We need a freaking coach!!!!!!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the pickup of Boozer because he was picked up cheaply (the Bulls pay the rest of his salary), but we have Randle and Davis....makes me think there is a trade in the works....

Or we are starting Boozer at C in a small lineup.

We need a freaking coach!!!!!!

Yep, bc now of those guys can start at center IMO. Something is going down.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO it was a pretty smart business deal...but there's always gonna be folks mad that he didn't make the choice THEY thought he should.

Exactly.[/QUOTE]

Not even sure where this is coming from.
Most Heat fans were disappointed, but not mad, ESPECIALLY if he was going to demand an opt out next year.
A few of us on record said if that was the case that short term we'd be worse, but long term better.

Heat fans opinion 'was why would you leave a team who makes the Finals every year and would have been the strong favorite to be back next year'?

Heat fans opinion was 'why would you leave a top 2 stable franchise like the Heat and return to Gilbert, the man who wrote the childish hate letter about him'.

But, leaving isn't necessarily a bad decision, if he could forgive and forget, because he is that good.
Like Miller said, having him on your roster should put you at 55-60 wins, and then you play the playoffs.

There was no reason to think the Heat wouldn't make the Finals next year, but there was also no reason for him to think they would beat the Spurs unless.....

Yes, Wade/Bosh were willing to sacrifice cash, but IMO that doesn't mean James was obligated to.
If he was willing to great, then Riley probably could have made the moves to possible beat the Spurs.
He wasn't, which is fine, so we'll never know.