• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From everything I have heard that 2 year deal was a business decision. In 2 years max contract will be worth even more. But that also gives LeBron a 2 year window to see how the team develops.

IMO it was a pretty smart business deal...but there's always gonna be folks mad that he didn't make the choice THEY thought he should.[/QUOTE]

I agree that when the contract was constructed, it was 100% about the future salary increase, and I believe he is very sincere as of today when he says he wants to finish his career there.

However, I also believe that he was very sincere when he said he wanted to win not 1,2,3,4,5,6....in Miami.

So what it boils down to is that when you have options, your mind can always think things through and then decide another option is better.

I hope he does finish his career there.....I'm just saying that if he doesn't feel 100% in control, and they lose, I wouldn't trust anything he says any further than I could throw him.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO it was a pretty smart business deal...but there's always gonna be folks mad that he didn't make the choice THEY thought he should.

I agree that when the contract was constructed, it was 100% about the future salary increase, and I believe he is very sincere as of today when he says he wants to finish his career there.

However, I also believe that he was very sincere when he said he wanted to win not 1,2,3,4,5,6....in Miami.

So what it boils down to is that when you have options, your mind can always think things through and then decide another option is better.

I hope he does finish his career there.....I'm just saying that if he doesn't feel 100% in control, and they lose, I wouldn't trust anything he says any further than I could throw him.[/QUOTE]

I understand ur point, but I just believe his decision 2 leave Miami had a lot 2 do with Wade's condition & inability 2 be a 1-2 punch duo anymore. I think he did the simple math, which was if they pay Wade a double digit salary 4 multiple years that wouldn't leave much incentive 4 new talent 2 join them. Talent that would help them win...and he isn't ready 2 give up the opportunity 2 win yet. It's sad how they're the same age yet Wade plays like a man in his 40's cuz of his body giving way. I don't think any of them thought bout that when they originally teamed up.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While coaching a very talented playoff team, everyone on that team may know who is really coaching the team. Takes authority away from the coach.
That's no different than it was in Miami. Spo was LeBron's sock puppet.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a great example. And myself being a Tribe fan I remember when that trade when down and said...who the hell are these guys!? Also I guess I'm 50/50 about the possibility for the Cavs getting Love. Because if Wiggins turns out to be the player alotta folks think he'll become the Cavs will have a dynamite back court for years to come. No question though Love is a very talented hoopster.

They can't trade Wiggins for Love even up because of salary.
So who else are the Cavs depleting from there roster?

James/Love/Kyrie is a solid 3, but James, Bosh, Wade (in prime) was a very dynamic trio and still didn't win in year 1 as a group.

Love is an UFA next year.

If he really wants to play with James and build the best team possible, he should not agree to anything this year with anyone.

Then you have the first Big 4.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ur 2 cute! I like the emoticons the best but actually think the FN format was better. It was easier 2 read posts & follow the thread imo.
Both formats have their good points.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

James/Love/Kyrie is a solid 3, but James, Bosh, Wade (in prime) was a very dynamic trio and still didn't win in year 1 as a group.

If he really wants to play with James and build the best team possible, he should not agree to anything this year with anyone.

Not sure who all they would give up but I would Wiggins for sure, maybe Thompson & Bennett? But like you said if he wants to team up w/ LeBron just wait one more year.

Shield-Thread Killa

Tribal Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 876.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO it was a pretty smart business deal...but there's always gonna be folks mad that he didn't make the choice THEY thought he should.

I hope he does finish his career there.....I'm just saying that if he doesn't feel 100% in control, and they lose, I wouldn't trust anything he says any further than I could throw him.[/QUOTE]

I think he finally realizes that no matter how much non NBA fans like to say they players are getting paid millions to play a kids sport...

He finally realizes that it's also entrenched as true business, so he knows a 2 year deal will allow him to make GILBBERT pay through the nose in another 2 years + it don't hurt that his LOGO/ENDORSEMENTS are going through the roof...

I think being around people like WADE N RILEY schooled him in the ways of the NBA WORLD and it was to their down fall..

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly, I thought they lost in year 1 due 2 their ego's & not really taking the Mavs as a serious contender. But 2 ur point, Love is better than Bosh @ the 4 spot & Kyrie is arguably a bigger threat than Wade having younger legs & better handles.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think being around people like WADE N RILEY schooled him in the ways of the NBA WORLD and it was to their down fall..[/QUOTE]

Interesting point...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I thought they lost in year 1 due 2 their ego's & not really taking the Mavs as a serious contender. But 2 ur point, Love is better than Bosh @ the 4 spot & Kyrie is arguably a bigger threat than Wade having younger legs & better handles.

Funny how the arrival of one player changed Kyrie's mind. Although if the Cavs were really not informed LeBron was on his way KI took a big gamble in hoping LBJ was gonna return in the first place. Before he re-up'd he seemingly couldn't wait to get outta Cleveland.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how the arrival of one player changed Kyrie's mind. Although if the Cavs were really not informed LeBron was on his way KI took a big gamble in hoping LBJ was gonna return in the first place. Before he re-up'd he seemingly couldn't wait to get outta Cleveland.

Which is why i think they all knew. I heard Gilbert & LBJ had met...way before the end of the season & that him signing there was contingent on whether or not Miami won a title this season. But, we will probably never know the truth.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope he does finish his career there.....I'm just saying that if he doesn't feel 100% in control, and they lose, I wouldn't trust anything he says any further than I could throw him.

I understand ur point,
but I just believe his decision 2 leave Miami had a lot 2 do with Wade's condition & inability 2 be a 1-2 punch duo anymore.

I 10000% agree have said this all along. The homesick stuff is touching, if you're actually naïve enough to believe it.

Wade certainly doesn't play like a man in his 40's though.
He had a very nice season last year until the Finals.
Yes, he missed a lot of games, but that was a plan that backfired, more then it was a necessary plan.
Plus, he had that shock treatment on his knee that they knew would take X amount of time to heal.
This is his first summer in a long time when he wasn't rehabbing.

I think you all will see that the Wade has a lot more to offer then you all think.
He also can get back in the mindset of playing without James.
I AM NOT saying that playing without James is a good thing at all, but it will alter his approach.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why i think they all knew. I heard Gilbert & LBJ had met...way before the end of the season & that him signing there was contingent on whether or not Miami won a title this season. But, we will probably never know the truth.

Yep. And like some friends back home swore by since before the Finals even started was that if the Heat didn't 3-peat LBJ's wife wanted him to return to the Cavs so they could go back home. I thought it was nothing more than wishful thinking but of course turns out I was wrong.

Shield-Thread Killa

Tribal Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 876.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:wtf2:....MY FRIEND U NO DAMN WELL BRON OR BRON'S PEOPLE TOUCHED BASES WITH KRYIE...

BEFORE KRYIE BOUNCED...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I 10000% agree have said this all along. The homesick stuff is touching, if you're actually naïve enough to believe it.

Interesting. But the Cavs have been lousy since LeBron left. And he even knows his return alone won't bring a title to Cleveland. I do think that he & his wife really did want to go back home. LBJ's wife's entire family lives in or around Akron & I have always heard she is very close to all of them. A good family is something LeBron never had growing up, I think that means a lot to him.