• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Suns and forward Anthony Tolliver have agreed on a two-year, $6MM deal, agent Larry Fox confirmed to Shams Charania of ******. Phoenix beats the Clippers, Cavs, Pistons, Spurs, Wizards and the incumbent Hornets, all of whom apparently had serious discussions with the 29-year-old who was coming off career-high 41.3% accuracy from three-point range last season.
This is a good signing by the Suns. He fills a need for a stretch 4 off the bench. Fits right in with the Suns system. The Suns get him for 40% of the price that Frye cost per year & on a short deal.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they will have a much better roster than people think.

KOBE was 1st team all NBA his last full season. He claims to be 100% healthy.
I think he will be a very good player in 2014-15.

PG - Lin/Nash
SG Kobe
SF - Swaggy P
PF - Boozer
PF - Hill/Randle

That is not a bad little team. It is no worse than the Phoenix or Dallas roster from last season that each threatened 50 wins.

I don't know if Boozer ends up there...but the Lakers seem to be going for him.
That roster could compete easily for a top 3 seed in the East and a 6-8 seed in the West.

It's okay. But in the west, that team probably settles in around .500, maybe 45 or so wins. It would be fun to watch and they'd be competitive most games. Most important is that they'd still keep their future cap space and possibly hang on to some solid role players out of that group.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,785.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't work like for amnestied players. Only teams under the cap can blind bid on players who got amnestied. Which the Celtics are not.

I believe it also works for the teams with the worst record with the space available.

See Billups when he was claimed by the Clippers.

Shield-Thread Killa

Tribal Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 876.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OIC

It doesn't work like for amnestied players. Only teams under the cap can blind bid on players who got amnestied. Which the Celtics are not.

Well thank goodness they are not...

Does LA really want a loser like him?

Since Senor SPAIN cut out...

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it also works for the teams with the worst record with the space available.

See Billups when he was claimed by the Clippers.

I am not sure record has anything to do with it. It's all about who bids the highest amount of the contract they are willing to take on. It's all blind. No one knows what they other teams are bidding. Of coarse Chicago is on the hook for his remaining salary.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any even better deal for the Suns. If he sucks it up this season, he can just be let go for $400k next summer.

10:03am: Each season is worth $3MM, but only $400K of Tolliver’s salary is guaranteed in the second season, according to Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic. In any case, a full $3MM salary for 2014/15 means the club will have to use cap space on him, rather than the room exception.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did BOZO end up in LA...

Please say yes?:clap:

Not yet and I'm not sure they will make a bid. Haven't heard. He'd be an okay pickup because it's an expiring contract and the Bulls have to pay $10 million of it.

He's a solid 15/9 guy.

Shield-Thread Killa

Tribal Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 876.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup

Not yet and I'm not sure they will make a bid. Haven't heard. He'd be an okay pickup because it's an expiring contract and the Bulls have to pay $10 million of it.

He's a solid 15/9 guy.

Forgot about that...

Yah he does produce...

I am just a hater now a days, because I thought him and ROSE was going to make a bigger splash than they did.....

Him and DWILL could have been the new MALONE N STOCK

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boozer's a solid player, he was just overpaid due to his performance with Utah in his final year there. Players who don't live up to their contracts don't really get much positive feedback...