• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Houston dropping more than anything

not seeing it. im all for it since that would improve the lakers draft pick they got in Lin deal...but still have pretty much core of last year. ariza to me impacts game more than parsons. trade them places and im sure the wizards don't beat the bulls.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not seeing it. im all for it since that would improve the lakers draft pick they got in Lin deal...but still have pretty much core of last year. ariza to me impacts game more than parsons. trade them places and im sure the wizards don't beat the bulls.

They are a LOT worse. Ariza is not better than Parsons outside of defensively. They lost pretty much the entire bench. They WILL drop.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,250.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus, Mecca...gonna call you Mecca-lini in honor of Russ-alini.

Novels!!!!!

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,250.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are a LOT worse. Ariza is not better than Parsons outside of defensively. They lost pretty much the entire bench. They WILL drop.

Ariza is an under-rated offensive player. Just look at what he did for the Wizards.

And he's waaaaaay better than Parsons on D. Plus, he cost 7 million a year less!!!

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ariza is an under-rated offensive player. Just look at what he did for the Wizards.

And he's waaaaaay better than Parsons on D. Plus, he cost 7 million a year less!!!

If he's a starter I guarantee you his point production drops.

He's marginal at best, but solid defensively. More importantly, they have no points coming off the bench. No size, no shooting, nothing but what, Beverly?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont understand what is in the way of Cleveland winning now. They have an All Star PG, arguably the best 3pt shooter in the league, Lebron James and a lot of young talent playing on rookie contracts. Isnt that exactly what you are looking for?

What's in the way? Probably the top 6 seeds in the Western conference

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's a starter I guarantee you his point production drops.

He's marginal at best, but solid defensively. More importantly, they have no points coming off the bench. No size, no shooting, nothing but what, Beverly?

ariza shoots over 40 percent from 3 point range....chandler is just over 37.

ariza shoots 46 percent overall chandler 47.

chandler avgs 2 more points a game.

and most of all ariza stepped his game up in playoffs. id take ariza on lakers over parsons....never really wanted them to take to take world peace over him for same salary.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and most of all ariza stepped his game up in playoffs. id take ariza on lakers over parsons....never really wanted them to take to take world peace over him for same salary.

Ariza's career percentages are worse than what he put up this season. It was a contract season. He is a much better value salary wise. He's better defensively as well which they could use.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ariza is decent.....but Parsons has upside, Ariza is most likely the best he's ever going to get.

Also - and this is key - the Houston bench has been DECIMATED. They are precipitously worse now than they were last season, I'm not sure how this is even debatable.

Unless the starters play all game every game they will struggle when guys need a rest. This is also how you end up with key injuries. In the West, a bench is a NECESSITY.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's in the way? Probably the top 6 seeds in the Western conference

Teams like Indiana, Chicago, and Miami who's cores all have deep playoff experience will have something to say. Outside of Lebron, Verajo, and Miller, no one on that team has any playoffs experience. Also, some of those rookie contracts will be up eventually, and some of those guys are going to want to be paid. Doesn't help that Lebron is going to want the max contract he can get when the next CBA is up in 2016. This is where a front office is going to have exchange assets before they expire, something Cleveland has not been known to do yet.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ariza is decent.....but Parsons has upside, Ariza is most likely the best he's ever going to get.

Also - and this is key - the Houston bench has been DECIMATED. They are precipitously worse now than they were last season, I'm not sure how this is even debatable.

Unless the starters play all game every game they will struggle when guys need a rest. This is also how you end up with key injuries. In the West, a bench is a NECESSITY.

I think parsons fits in well there...and wont have to do a whole lot like creating his own shot etc....dallas has pretty good ball movement with pick and roll and all that.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont understand what is in the way of Cleveland winning now. They have an All Star PG, arguably the best 3pt shooter in the league, Lebron James and a lot of young talent playing on rookie contracts. Isnt that exactly what you are looking for?

Need some proven guys. Waiters can score, TT can defend and rebound. Bennett isn't proven, Wiggins isn't either. Love has been there and done that, besides making playoffs.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All true.

:agree:

Trading Wiggins for Love seems like a no brainer to me.

But, I can see why they would want to hang on to Wiggins too.

Having him as the starting SG would help mask Kyrie's shortcomings as a defender.

Plus, he's long enough to guard some SF's, and can easily guard the other teams best wing player, which could help preserve James late in games.

The Cavs have a really nice thing going here.

But, if I were them....

I'd rid myself of Waiters before he turned the lockerroom toxic.

This is a bad sign....:doh:

Dion Waiters: Nooooooooo RT @CavsForever_: Would you accept the role of coming off the bench or..? @Dion Waiters Twitter @dionwaiters3

Dion Waiters: NowWww RT @saudansari: @Dion Waiters so would you be okay coming off bench until your time came then? Or is it now? Twitter @dionwaiters3

I saw that! Dion and Kyrie have never gotten along. I do think having Lebron here could clear that, but Dion has a big head. But even if they add him the Twolves won't take him, all I know is they better get some good value for him.