• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep furrer was good. Fell apart when he left.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BC's front 7 doesn't look bad at all. Hopefully our OL gets their shit together at some point this season.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think I noticed some improvement in the OL during the game yesterday. They started out terrible. Pretty sad when some basic coaching is going on between plays, but it seems to be necessary.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might have to shoulder some of the blame for this one. The boy was not wearing his Hokiebird onesy and the Hokies are 2-0 when he's geared up. The problem is he's almost too big for it already. He had his 1-month check-up and he's 90th percentile in weight (just like daddy!) and 95th in height (... not like daddy).

We could've shoe-horned him into it though, so I'll take my part of the blame today on misery Monday.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
hey guys, I'm not sure if this is against the rules or not, if it is, sorry. I'm looking for about 6-8 tickets for the WMU game. I've posted on a facebook group, Craigslist and TSL, but nothing so far. I've looked on stubhub, can't seem to get more than 4 together, though that's not too much of an issue, since we can just move around as needed. But obviously if there are cheaper options, I would like to explore those first. I was wondering if any of you know/use any other sites for getting tix? Or better yet have/know anyone who is looking to sell tickets?

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey guys, I'm not sure if this is against the rules or not, if it is, sorry. I'm looking for about 6-8 tickets for the WMU game. I've posted on a facebook group, Craigslist and TSL, but nothing so far. I've looked on stubhub, can't seem to get more than 4 together, though that's not too much of an issue, since we can just move around as needed. But obviously if there are cheaper options, I would like to explore those first. I was wondering if any of you know/use any other sites for getting tix? Or better yet have/know anyone who is looking to sell tickets?

Tickets are still available through the VT ticket office for $50 ea. There are several sections where you can get 6-8 grouped between 2 rows....including Section 31.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jameis Winston, yet another malfunction. Benched for the first half of the Clemson game.

FSU benches Winston for 1st half of Clemson game - The Washington Post

I'm not going to pile on here, as every program has its fair share of morons, but where the hell is this kid's support group and why the fuck aren't they saying things like "#1 pick" and "throwing away XX million in guaranteed money" and "99% of the world is watching you and hoping you fuck up"?

You'd think Jimbo or someone on staff would be walking around on his right shoulder, in place of the common-fucking-sense angel that's supposed to be there but clearly isn't.

Not to mention...

"Vulgar/offensive comments about women? Perfect timing guy." - Roger Goodell

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two interesting charts I saw on Deadspin today.

The first is a chart of what college team is popular in certain regions. For VA, VT dominates the entire state outside of the circle around Charlottesville. I also find it interesting that NC is so mixed. From my experiences in the state, I would have figured UNC would dominate with only small pockets for the other schools.

Which College Football Team Does Your Hometown Root For?

The other chart is a list that compares recruiting classes to how that team actually plays on the field. It's suppose to show if certain schools coach kids above their talent level, at their talent level, or fall short of their talent level. As you can see, the last few years we've basically been finishing at the same level of our recruiting classes.

Chart: Which NCAA Football Teams Outplay Their Recruit Rankings?

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NYT article does say something about a coding error regarding NC and will attempt to fix and update.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...like...UVA is like the best team in the Coastal right now. This world confuses me.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...like...UVA is like the best team in the Coastal right now. This world confuses me.

Gotta say we're the best team in the coastal. Call me a homer, but UVA hasn't beaten anyone yet and we absolutely gave that game away against GT. We'll show them at the end of the season. And I expect they'll have lost several more by then. Best win against Louisville by 2 pts and got the benefit of 4 turnovers in that game. Entering the meat of their ACC schedule. And it's UVA... with ML... I refuse to believe...

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't worry - GT is the best team in the coastal right now. For things to go in our favor we need them to start losing (at least 2 games).

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry - GT is the best team in the coastal right now. For things to go in our favor we need them to start losing (at least 2 games).

Well, they have Clemson on the schedule (L), as well as UNC, Duke, Pitt and others still yet to go. Have a feeling the coastal will come down to the last week or two... Again.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

They're the opposite of VT.

They get teams on their worst outing, where VT seems to get them on their best outing.

Pitt looked terrible yesterday, but I wouldn't count on VT getting that version of Pitt.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got some Coastal help today with Duke beating GT. :clap: