• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dining should be a NCAA sport so we could be national champions.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't look now...

But in only its 3rd year of FCS (or any in awhile for that matter)football, the ODU Monarchs are sitting at #4 in FCS. I say shitcan Liberty on the schedule and play these guys 2 or 3 for 1 (in 757). They will be in C-USA in another year or two..even more recruiting exposure in 757...No brainer.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings/_/poll/10

Also, our hated Dukes are at #5 :mad:

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with us scheduling Liberty, as long as it doesn't become a regular thing. But I would like to see ODU turn up on the schedule, perhaps even somewhat regularly. And JMU again, the sooner the better, so we can wash that taste out of our mouths with a good old-fashioned drubbing.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will be playing ODU in the future. The schools are working on setting it up

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I just realized the other night that Paul Johnson is

1-4 vs Virginia Tech
1-4 vs Miami
1-3 vs Georgia (likely 1-4 at the end of the year?)

Al Groh is now (UVa and GT record)

1-alot vs Virginia Tech
2-6 vs Miami
0-2 vs Georgia

Very bad systematic failures above. Granted they've won some games too, but those records above are pretty damning.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically neither can beat the teams that matter in the conference and rivalry

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just in case we need ammo against our misguided friends on the wrong side of Bristol, VA...

UT Frat Suspended After Use of Alcohol Enemas

Yes, you read that correctly. Never felt compelled to join/rush a fraternity... never appealed to me... but I won't lie and say that the 80% chance of having to do something gay or disgusting in order to get in was definitely in my cost/benefit analysis.

Also... I'm fine with drinking more and letting my liver do it's thing. No thanks on the beer suppository.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just in case we need ammo against our misguided friends on the wrong side of Bristol, VA...

UT Frat Suspended After Use of Alcohol Enemas

Yes, you read that correctly. Never felt compelled to join/rush a fraternity... never appealed to me... but I won't lie and say that the 80% chance of having to do something gay or disgusting in order to get in was definitely in my cost/benefit analysis.

Also... I'm fine with drinking more and letting my liver do it's thing. No thanks on the beer suppository.

#YOLO

#GODSCONFERENCE

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to believe it's late September and this board is dead...

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine, the French are getting laughed at for their study concerning GMOs in rats. They didn't even present a control group for half of the results, or any comparison data for that matter. In addition, the control group was 10 rats, 10 RATS! Therefore any actual findings would have been highly insignificant, which may be why....they did not even present the statistical significance.

Oh and we here in the good old US of A do not take a simple rat study as anything more than exploratory evidence, whereas in a country that bans GMOs because they cannot compete with them runs to the presses in minor league journals to publish AT BEST dubious exploratory results and call the study definitive.

Off topic enough......ass!

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine, the French are getting laughed at for their study concerning GMOs in rats. They didn't even present a control group for half of the results, or any comparison data for that matter. In addition, the control group was 10 rats, 10 RATS! Therefore any actual findings would have been highly insignificant, which may be why....they did not even present the statistical significance.

Oh and we here in the good old US of A do not take a simple rat study as anything more than exploratory evidence, whereas in a country that bans GMOs because they cannot compete with them runs to the presses in minor league journals to publish AT BEST dubious exploratory results and call the study definitive.

I'm sorry, all I read was :blah:

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do they not have science fairs in France? I'm pretty sure one of my science fair projects from elementary school (something to do with watering plants with acidic liquids or something) had way more than 10 plants in the control group.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they not have science fairs in France? I'm pretty sure one of my science fair projects from elementary school (something to do with watering plants with acidic liquids or something) had way more than 10 plants in the control group.

Fuck France

3yUJ5.jpg

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's awful. At least dubious studies done in the US go to a little more effort to hide their dubiousness. Most of the time.