• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Free Agency Thread (Post all signings here)

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got 132 million $60 million guaranteed would you sign? lol

My god how is he going to feed his children??!!?? I guess if you are going to spend that kind of money on someone, he is as good as someone as anyone.

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
all of them should battle it out, and we let it fall where it falls. they will all have their roles. Another young guy with lloyd, crabs, moss and ..williams? plus VD, that would be a nice upgrade regardless. If crabs can't beat out these guys, so be it. Maybe they can help him exceed by pulling off some attention.

I predict smith throws for 5000 yards next year. :llama:

I predict Kaep throws 4000. Call me crazy, but just wait.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Any interest in signing Jared Gaither for RT/RG combo with either him playing RT and sliding A. Davis inside to play RG...or RG? can he even play RG?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD played very well at RT.... why are people still insisiting to move him to RG?(not on you opt, been seeing that post all season)

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
HOLY......:wacko:

Awaiting cap impact of Calvin Johnson deal
March, 14, 2012
11:03AM ET

By Kevin SeifertOne of the NFC North's most important issues has been resolved. The Detroit Lions have announced a seven-year contract extension with receiver Calvin Johnson, ending a two-month discussion about his unique situation and the heavy burden it had placed on the Lions' salary cap structure.

JohnsonThe full numbers are not yet in, but ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the total value is worth $132 million over the course of the next eight seasons with almost half -- $60 million -- in guarantees. That makes it the richest deal ever handed out in the NFL, according to Schefter, exceeding the eight-year, $120 million deal the Arizona Cardinals gave Larry Fitzgerald last summer. Fitzgerald's deal included almost $50 million in guarantees. Johnson is one of the league's best players, but the size of the deal speaks to the leverage he had in this situation.

A key detail unresolved at the moment is how much the extension will lower what had been a $22 million cap hit for Johnson. As we discussed in January, that figure made these negotiations difficult because Johnson would have been eligible for a $26.4 million franchise tag in 2013.

We'll sift through the numbers when we get them. The Lions have called a 1 p.m. ET news conference to discuss the deal. But for now, it's probably safe to assume the Lions have more salary cap space now than they had when you woke up Wednesday morning. (Assuming you didn't sleep until 11 a.m.) More in a bit.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any interest in signing Jared Gaither for RT/RG combo with either him playing RT and sliding A. Davis inside to play RG...or RG? can he even play RG?

After seeing AD's improvement last season I wouldn't move him at all. I agree with the idea that he would make a very good RG, but I think he is going to be just as good on the outside.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laurent Robinson - WR - Cowboys The Sacramento Bee reports the 49ers are interested in free agent Laurent Robinson.
Robinson is now one of the crown jewels of a receiver market that was rapidly pillaged Tuesday, and is drawing interest from the Dolphins, Jaguars, Jets and Cowboys in addition to the 49ers. He'd be a younger, though possibly more expensive, alternative to Brandon Lloyd.

Ted Ginn - WR - 49ers Free agent WR/KR Ted Ginn has reportedly scheduled a visit with the Lions to take place on Wednesday or Thursday.
Still one of the most dangerous kick returners in the league, Ginn would add explosive element on special teams as well as offensive gadget plays. He would be no higher than fourth on the depth chart at receiver if signed

Brandon Lloyd - WR - Rams ESPN's Adam Schefter reports free agent Brandon Lloyd will visit the 49ers.
Lloyd received surprisingly little public interest Tuesday, sparking speculation that it was viewed as a foregone conclusion around the league that he would sign with the Patriots. Instead, he'll visit with a team still in need of upgrading and replenishing its receiver corps following the signing of Randy Moss and loss of Josh Morgan.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think we did a great job retaining our D core and nice low risk pick up with COX. Now, if we just solidify our OL with a RG/ RT and pick up a few WRs in Draft and a RB to spell gore were set. Nice Moss pick up also :)

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Maiocco‏@MaioccoCSN

"According to @Cardschatter ... Adam Snyder will make a visit to the Cardinals today."

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Davis only got exposed in Detroit otherwise Im ok with him at RT and he certainly is young enough to give him some latitude....just not happy with RG play...and I like gaither beast size and would rather get a guy who can play OT on either side just in case of injury to either of our OTs..so Gaither is an option in terms of versitility...JMHO..if he can play guard so much the better..or pick up one of the cut Guards that are now RA..any thoughs on RG pick up...

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Inman‏:

"Season tickets for @49ers are now sold out, team announces."

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let the games begin - twitter traffic is picking up

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Laurent Robinson - WR - Cowboys The Sacramento Bee reports the 49ers are interested in free agent Laurent Robinson.
Robinson is now one of the crown jewels of a receiver market that was rapidly pillaged Tuesday, and is drawing interest from the Dolphins, Jaguars, Jets and Cowboys in addition to the 49ers. He'd be a younger, though possibly more expensive, alternative to Brandon Lloyd.

Ted Ginn - WR - 49ers Free agent WR/KR Ted Ginn has reportedly scheduled a visit with the Lions to take place on Wednesday or Thursday.
Still one of the most dangerous kick returners in the league, Ginn would add explosive element on special teams as well as offensive gadget plays. He would be no higher than fourth on the depth chart at receiver if signed

Brandon Lloyd - WR - Rams ESPN's Adam Schefter reports free agent Brandon Lloyd will visit the 49ers.
Lloyd received surprisingly little public interest Tuesday, sparking speculation that it was viewed as a foregone conclusion around the league that he would sign with the Patriots. Instead, he'll visit with a team still in need of upgrading and replenishing its receiver corps following the signing of Randy Moss and loss of Josh Morgan.

Baalke is smart in realizing that by pick # 30, guys like Blackmon/Lloyd/Stephen Hill will not be available. We're running (avoiding addressing the WR position in this year's draft) to fight another day (will addrress it in 2013).

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Maiocco‏@MaioccoCSN

"According to @Cardschatter ... Adam Snyder will make a visit to the Cardinals today."

Pulling the old Kurt Warner trick to scare us into signing him lmao

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFLN

"Despite reports that The Cardinals are out of the Manning Sweepstakes, a team source told me that is news to them. AZ still in the mix!!"

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Synder was actually my next topic.... what the hell? lol....

uhmm RG anyone? we're a bit lacking as in, no penciled starter ATM... unless Kilgore got it which would be news to me.

Otherwise, i dare expect a potential move up in the draft for the likes of a DeCastro or Glenn or Konz?

Last edited by a moderator: