• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Broncos News/Rumors Thread

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@58crash thanks for all the links partner - you drag up a lot of good stuff.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Crap here we go again :L:L:L

I hate to break it to him White guys die from crapy cops as well!

Broncogreg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Crap here we go again :L:L:L

I hate to break it to him White guys die from crapy cops as well!
My son got stopped a while back because his windows were tinted. I got stopped in my delivery truck years ago because I didn't have a DOT sticker. Cops do what cops do. Some are very good and some are a$$holes............hum.........just like everybody else.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fellas - I'll tell you very kindly - the risk black people have in dealing with the police is far greater than any uncomfortable interactions I've had with the police. I've had police draw their weapons on me - I've had my car searched and body frisked for made up reasons. I even had a couple Vegas cops throw me up against a wall and tell me to leave town. But, I am very glad none of these things happened to me while being black.

In my current station in life - I appreciate the police much more than I used to. There is no doubt that a problem exists here that needs permanent fixing with policing and minority citizens.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Kareem. Great idea! Like to see him be part of the solution in a positive way.

I’ve been with african americans who have been racially profiled with me around them, where the cop doesn’t think twice about me. I once dropped a former African American football player off in an alley of his apartment after practice and a cop was nearby he asked the guy “where are you headed” then he saw me and asked if he was with me. I’ve seen it with my own eyes, not to the extent that many have obviously but I am not blind to know it exist at high levels.

I get tickets too because I have sped, didn’t stop at a stop sign etc, that is a law. I didn’t get a gun pulled on me for looking suspicious.

Last edited:

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get out of far more issues with police than my black friends. As one of my friends is fond of saying, I have the complexion for the protection.

Systemic racism is real; comparing being pulled over by cops because you did something wrong and being pulled over because you're black are two entirely different things. Lets not pretend they are.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rewatch remember the titans

wishful thinking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Racial profiling does exist in America, no doubt. The reason is...... There are more white cops than black cops. I hope this actual issue will be discussed with better ways of the police in handling of this issue within the police force and the local and state governments.

Now, this next topic some of you guys are not going to like. Remember, I'm just giving you facts on this (I'm a numbers guy). Since 2015, the police have fatally shot a civilian 802 times. Out of those 802 times, over 300 were white, over 200 were black, and so forth. Even though the black civilians were by a substantial amount were armed more than the white civilians. It's absurd that nobody from the media will talk about the truth as they are so politically minded. To have real social interactions about race, people get so upset and mad that nobody can have a real conversation about it.

This is just my 2 cents worth about it, and I really, really, really, really, really, really, really want sports to get here quickly. We need it as a nation. I need sports as much as Scott Porter needs to masturbate. Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Racial profiling does exist in America, no doubt. The reason is...... There are more white cops than black cops. I hope this actual issue will be discussed with better ways of the police in handling of this issue within the police force and the local and state governments.

Now, this next topic some of you guys are not going to like. Remember, I'm just giving you facts on this (I'm a numbers guy). Since 2015, the police have fatally shot a civilian 802 times. Out of those 802 times, over 300 were white, over 200 were black, and so forth. Even though the black civilians were by a substantial amount were armed more than the white civilians. It's absurd that nobody from the media will talk about the truth as they are so politically minded. To have real social interactions about race, people get so upset and mad that nobody can have a real conversation about it.

This is just my 2 cents worth about it, and I really, really, really, really, really, really, really want sports to get here quickly. We need it as a nation. I need sports as much as Scott Porter needs to masturbate. Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood.

You're missing the point.

Profiling needs to stop.
Militarization needs to stop.
Choke holds need to stop.
Stop and frisk needs to stop.
Checkpoints need to stop.
Turning off chest cameras needs to stop.
Not reporting misconduct by officers needs to stop.
Investigating police by the local DA office needs to stop.
And many, many other issues.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Since black people make up 12.7% of the US population - you data shows they die at the hands of police at twice the rate their numbers would suggest.

wishful thinking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not missing the point at all. I'm agreeing with you on profiling, militarization, choking, stop and frisk, checkpoints. Their is racial injustice in that. Blacks have been victims of this more than any other race. Where am I missing the point. I'm stating that the killing of black people by cops is not as bad as you guys seem to indicate. I knew Mingo would throw the population is consisted of more white people on me. I'm just stating that we have 230 million people in the United States, that's 230 million people, and 10 black unarmed people were killed by the police while over 8 times that amount black people killed a policeman.

I totally agree with investing in the bodycam and requiring do have those on. Also, the dumb cop that killed Floyd had 10 infractions put on him and he was never disciplined once. So, the police force needs to do a better job of weeding these bad cops out, but as a whole, the police do a good job. Also, lets not make this George Floyd a hero either. You will never hear in the media the bad things that he has done. He went to prison for 5 years for robbing a house with a gun, and pistol-whipping that woman that lived their. All the media glorifies is that he was starting a new life by moving to Minneapolis. Well, the reason why the cops went to his vehicle is the convenience store that he was parked at, he bought cigarettes with a phony $20 bill. I know it's not an excuse or a reason to kill a guy, I'm just stating how the media plays a huge role and responsibility for not telling the truth.

Last edited:

wishful thinking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree LGM on the chest cameras a lot. Taxpayers (all of us) pay for that stuff and they turn them off without getting suspended or disciplined in some way also with the handcuffs, I don't get how you handcuff a guy and stand or kneel on top of him. It happened to a white guy the exact same way in Dallas. Even worse you could hear the coverage of the cops joking with the victim. The cops finally realized over time that he was not moving, and called an ambulance. They didn't even check his pulse or breathing. The EMT when he put him on a gurney told the officers that he's not breathing and he's dead.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not missing the point at all. I'm agreeing with you on profiling, militarization, choking, stop and frisk, checkpoints. Their is racial injustice in that. Blacks have been victims of this more than any other race. Where am I missing the point. I'm stating that the killing of black people by cops is not as bad as you guys seem to indicate. I knew Mingo would throw the population is consisted of more white people on me. I'm just stating that we have 230 million people in the United States, that's 230 million people, and 10 black unarmed people were killed by the police while over 8 times that amount black people killed a policeman.

I totally agree with investing in the bodycam and requiring do have those on. Also, the dumb cop that killed Floyd had 10 infractions put on him and he was never disciplined once. So, the police force needs to do a better job of weeding these bad cops out, but as a whole, the police do a good job. Also, lets not make this George Floyd a hero either. You will never hear in the media the bad things that he has done. He went to prison for 5 years for robbing a house with a gun, and pistol-whipping that woman that lived their. All the media glorifies is that he was starting a new life by moving to Minneapolis. Well, the reason why the cops went to his vehicle is the convenience store that he was parked at, he bought cigarettes with a phony $20 bill. I know it's not an excuse or a reason to kill a guy, I'm just stating how the media plays a huge role and responsibility for not telling the truth.

I'm not attacking your opinions - I'm saying saint or sinner he didn't deserved to be murdered by the police. I'm also saying their is an obvious problem here where more blacks end up dead when they encounter police that other people and by your stats twice as often.

wishful thinking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. Data shows that 93 percent of black homicide victims are killed by other blacks.
It’s important to note that black men commit nearly half of all murders in this country, which is astounding when you take into consideration the fact that they only make up 12-13 per cent of the population. Of course he didn't deserve to be murdered by the police, who would question that. I just hear on the news that their trying to turn Floyd into a hero or something which he is not. Of course that is true that blacks by percentage are killed more often than white's because they commit more crimes by percentage. Blacks need to stop killing each other, and that starts at the local and state levels of government, you know within the community.

Mingo, can we please talk about football soon.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. Data shows that 93 percent of black homicide victims are killed by other blacks.
It’s important to note that black men commit nearly half of all murders in this country, which is astounding when you take into consideration the fact that they only make up 12-13 per cent of the population. Of course he didn't deserve to be murdered by the police, who would question that. I just hear on the news that their trying to turn Floyd into a hero or something which he is not. Of course that is true that blacks by percentage are killed more often than white's because they commit more crimes by percentage. Blacks need to stop killing each other, and that starts at the local and state levels of government, you know within the community.

Mingo, can we please talk about football soon.

Sure - lets talk football. Thanks,

wishful thinking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are all losing it a little bit with everything going on. I just had lunch at a restaurant with my wife today for the 1st time since early mid-March. Felt awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait for the Titans game.
To make some extra money, put the over on the Broncos win total (7.5). But the big one is the under in the Patriots (9.5).

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the world shut down the day we signed Melvin Gordon. ;)

I remember sitting at my kitchen table reading that Gordon signed on the Saturday that everyone was running to the grocery store.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the world shut down the day we signed Melvin Gordon. ;)

I remember sitting at my kitchen table reading that Gordon signed on the Saturday that everyone was running to the grocery store.
LGM ran out of toilet paper