• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2019 Chicago Bears Season Predictions (Game-by-Game)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be very clear, playoffs is a different beast. If we get there I have little doubt we can get over the top, but I find consistency over 16 games to be highly correlated to who is under center ESPECIALLY if you are in some sort of prediction mode. Can we win more than 12? Sure. But I’d bet on the Patriots doing it before us even if the schedule was the same. QB effect.

I don't think there is a manner with which framing the regular season as being more dependent on the QB makes any sense.

It's easier to hide your QB in the regular season. You're not seeing top level defense's every week and you can win 10+ games by merely taking care of business against inferior competition. Most of the time you can win 10 games without ever beating a top 10 D.

Notice how we beat the shit out of bad teams last year and Trubisky looked like a god vs TB and DET? Then he struggled vs MIN, LAR, NE and then PHI until the 4th quarter? You can score 14 points vs San Fran and still win in the regular season. You can look horrendous vs MIN and LAR and still win.

Teams get to the post-season every year without a good QB. Hell... rooting for this franchise should have taught you that. lol. All through the 80's. 01, 05, 06, 10 and let's face it... 2018. He was fine and showed growth. However, we certainly won in spite of him a handful of times. ARI, vs MIN (on the road Week 17 he was good vs them), vs LAR and vs SF. The D won those games. You could include Buffalo, but they were so bad at that point... we probably could have won with you or me under center. Our offense played terrible, we had no Mack and we still won 41-9. lol

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see a 11+ win season. I think the Bears should go 4-0 before the break. That streak after the break looks tough though. I think the season hinges on the kicker... :pound:

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why are you so angry all the time? Why are you constantly in an argument with people? Not just me either. Do you just enjoy getting beaten down?

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your stupidity just flies all over the radar, doesn’t it?

There’s nothing out of the ordinary about what I said. I highly doubt you’d find many non-Bears fans that think we’re winning 12+ with any confidence. That doesn’t mean we can’t have postseason success. Many wildcard teams do, much less division winners win the 9-11 win range. Quarterback is the most important position on the field. It’s really that simple. You’re digging deep to throw shade.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is a manner with which framing the regular season as being more dependent on the QB makes any sense.

It's easier to hide your QB in the regular season. You're not seeing top level defense's every week and you can win 10+ games by merely taking care of business against inferior competition. Most of the time you can win 10 games without ever beating a top 10 D.

Notice how we beat the shit out of bad teams last year and Trubisky looked like a god vs TB and DET? Then he struggled vs MIN, LAR, NE and then PHI until the 4th quarter? You can score 14 points vs San Fran and still win in the regular season. You can look horrendous vs MIN and LAR and still win.

Teams get to the post-season every year without a good QB. Hell... rooting for this franchise should have taught you that. lol. All through the 80's. 01, 05, 06, 10 and let's face it... 2018. He was fine and showed growth. However, we certainly won in spite of him a handful of times. ARI, vs MIN (on the road Week 17 he was good vs them), vs LAR and vs SF. The D won those games. You could include Buffalo, but they were so bad at that point... we probably could have won with you or me under center. Our offense played terrible, we had no Mack and we still won 41-9. lol

There’s a reason why the Urlacher Bears were up and down all the time. QB position. Same reason the Patriots are up all the time. All regular season results. You guys take 12+ wins as a prediction outside of Bears HQ and you know I’m standing with an army of support behind me and not on some sort of looney fringe. Like I said predictions are a waste of time. We’ll see what we really are by week 4 or so. I made a prediction because it was the thread and why not. I regret it now so I rescind my original prediction and now say we’re going 19-0. Because f*ck it thats why.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s nothing out of the ordinary about what I said.

No it's not out of the ordinary....it's just dumb and illogical.

You claim no one wants to face this team in the playoffs....but you have no confidence in them to win in the regular season. Read that over a few times and then go bang your head against a wall and let me know what you think.

Teams that are feared are typically dominant in the regular season. And I'm sure when opposing teams see the Bears on the schedule...they are thrilled. But at the same time...they are shaking in their boots either. It's the NFL...playoffs or regular season....no one really fears anyone else. That's just dumb, meatball fan talk.

You also say that a good QB means more in the regular season than it does the playoffs. I don't have enough words available in my vocabulary to describe how dumb this is....much rich did a stellar job of politely telling you why you were wrong above.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it's not out of the ordinary....it's just dumb and illogical.

You claim no one wants to face this team in the playoffs....but you have no confidence in them to win in the regular season. Read that over a few times and then go bang your head against a wall and let me know what you think.

Teams that are feared are typically dominant in the regular season. And I'm sure when opposing teams see the Bears on the schedule...they are thrilled. But at the same time...they are shaking in their boots either. It's the NFL...playoffs or regular season....no one really fears anyone else. That's just dumb, meatball fan talk.

You also say that a good QB means more in the regular season than it does the playoffs. I don't have enough words available in my vocabulary to describe how dumb this is....much rich did a stellar job of politely telling you why you were wrong above.

No. I said we'll win 9-11 wins or more depending on Mitch...and if we make the playoffs, we'll be a formidable opponent. I just used a little hyperbole with the "nobody wants a piece of us" and you took it and ran with it because you're doing you. Kudos I guess.

QB matters in all of it. But "any given Sunday" applies too. The Bears were in the Super Bowl until the 4th quarter where Rex Grossman had a f*cking 7 QB rating. Consistency of wins, over time, is very much related to the QB position. For example, which teams would most likely make a run of 12+ wins over the next 2-3 years? Teams with good QB's would most likely be at the top of it. Could we make a run in one season with dominant defense? Sure we could. But I wouldn't bet on it until we see our QB play at a decently high level consistently. That's why these are PREDICTIONS. It's not gospel.

I don't agree with Rich at all about hiding. You can't "hide a position" over 16 weeks that has the ball in their hands on every offensive play. If your QB plays poorly, your team will play poorly. If Chase Daniel was our QB for 16 games, I'd predict us to be out of the playoffs.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh come on...We can "hide him" if it happens.

That wasn't my comment so it's kinda silly to throw it back at me. And I think you are misunderstanding what he meant by it.

Embrace your inner homer. 11-5. You know you want to.

I already predicted them to be 11-5. If things were to go bad and they were 9-7...I wouldn't be shocked. And if they were 13-3....I also wouldn't be shocked. I took the middle of that range.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't my comment so it's kinda silly to throw it back at me. And I think you are misunderstanding what he meant by it.

I already predicted them to be 11-5. If things were to go bad and they were 9-7...I wouldn't be shocked. And if they were 13-3....I also wouldn't be shocked. I took the middle of that range.

I meant 11-5 with Chase over 16. Just bustin' balls man. We're gonna win a lot of games. We all know it. How many is the question. I'd love to see us with a bye when the smoke clears and the playoffs are here.

We need a game thread so I can post vitriol about the Packers. Offseason is over...No more Parkey, Jordan Howard, prediction bullsh*t...My body is ready for the real deal. Somebody please create thread.