• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2017 Record Predictions

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, it's about that time. Pre-season is just about in the rear-view mirror. We have seen all we're going to see from our starting units. Time to go on record with our win/loss predictions.

All in all, I am encouraged by the pre-season. I feel vindicated for saying all off-season that this team has more talent than it's sold as. From an outside view, I can see where many would look at the team's record last year, and believe this is a team in complete turmoil. However, this was a team trending upwards in the second half of 2015, and I believe would have continued to make strides last year. Had they not been devastated by injuries, unlike anything I have ever seen before.

The defense, in particular looks really good. The first team only surrendering 7 points all pre-season long. The front seven has been flying around making plays, it's been a good sight. The run game also appears to be very strong, led by what looks to be an Oline continuing to progress.

I hate our early schedule, just like everyone else. I think we'll be a boring football team this year, especially now with the injury to Meredith. However, we should be able to stay in most games with our run game and defense. I think things start out rough, and we're sitting at 3-5 or so around the halfway point. However, I think we do a lot of good things and wind up finishing 8-8. Then, next year, we go full-time to Trubisky. We start spending some of that cap room we have, and we really get after it 2018.

8-8 is my official prediction. With a ceiling of 10 wins, and a floor of 5 if we should once again be ravaged by injuries. Although, I suspect it's nearly impossible that it can be as bad as last season.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna say 6-10.... I think we will win a game or two that we, on paper, have no business winning and as always will have a few maddening losses that we coulda, shoulda, woulda...

Wouldn't be surprised if we start 1-4 or even 0-5, but I think we snag at least one of those first five.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glennon starting 3-13
Trubs starting 8 to 10 wins.
Give me your predictions this way.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a brutal schedule, but if they can stay healthy, they are going to be much better than people anticipate. Particularly the Defense. Our secondary should be much better. Demps has already improved the back end. I think our front 7 could be pretty awesome. I expect them to be one of the better run defenses.

Who knows what will happen, record-wise, but they will field a much better team than last year.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glennon starting 3-13
Trubs starting 8 to 10 wins.
Give me your predictions this way.

Well, Glennon is our starter, so... It's just a matter of how many games he starts before/if Trub takes the controls.

However, hypothetically... if they were both to start all 16 games.

Glennon: 8-8
Trubisky: 7-9

Trubisky would struggle far more early on, against the daunting early schedule we have. I'll knock a game off our win total for that. I think they would both have decent second half records. 5-3 or so.

I simply don't think we're going to ask much of our QB. I think we're going to stick in most games with our D and run game. I think the W/L record of this team is far more dependent upon our health and production in those areas.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a brutal schedule, but if they can stay healthy, they are going to be much better than people anticipate. Particularly the Defense. Our secondary should be much better. Demps has already improved the back end. I think our front 7 could be pretty awesome. I expect them to be one of the better run defenses.

Who knows what will happen, record-wise, but they will field a much better team than last year.

Good news is, every year there's teams on that schedule who look like losses, who wind up being far less daunting when the time actually comes to face them. On the flip-side, however, there will also be a team or two that surprises us on that schedule.

I'd be surprised if every team that we view as being "losses" or "tough" on that early schedule, winds up living up to that billing. Usually, this is not the case.

Maybe we can split these games? Honestly, I have a weird feeling about this ATL game. They're not as good outside of their dome, and if anyone is a candidate for a bad SB hangover... it's them. I also feel that they played a bit over their heads last year, Ryan included. We really have nothing to lose in this one. It feels like that Sunday Night opener vs Manning and the Colts in 2008. No one gave us a chance, and we actually pounded them.

leomaz2

Bearsologist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With either QB, I think 8-8 is a strong possibility. The loss of Cam Meridith is gonna hurt especially if White fails again. I like the defense and it should get stronger as the year goes on.

leomaz2

Bearsologist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With either QB, I think 8-8 is a strong possibility. The loss of Cam Meridith is gonna hurt especially if White fails again. I like the defense and it should get stronger as the year goes on.
I've changed mine to 9-7 regardless of QB