• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

offensive line ranking

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Brown came via trade that I don't think Cable had much to do with. It's not like JS needed to check with Cable to make sure he was a good player.

But having mostly guys that Cable also had but didn't do much with is still a pretty good referendum on what he did here. We put tons of draft capital into the line over the years, and none of it seemed to stick until now. With Cable gone. (And Bevell, but I never had much of a problem with him.)

Sure, and I was ALWAYS on board with firing him, IF they brought in someone good.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And bonus points for the Bevell reference in a Cable/O-line thread.

We don't give up our sacred cows easily round these parts.

At any rate, please remember that with the exception of Fluker, all these guys ARE still guys Cable and P+J drafted.

cue the 'Cable had nothing to do with drafting' posts in 3...2...1...

Actually the posts were " Cable had a LOT to do with the guys they drafted, and THEY NEVER panned out under is piss poor teaching only to look better elsewhere or gone completely out of the NFL"

Still, it sure is nice to get rid of such a bad coach that even one from another bad oline makes ours look so much better. THAT just goes to tell you how BAD Cable really was.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Uhsplit i totally agree. I have stated many times even a AVERAGE oline would make this team a beast ( back in 2014-2017 ) It's just to bad they waited so damn long to throw out the garbage. They let it stink up the Hawks for way to long. That horrid oline coaching and oline play that Cable made common place derailed many seasons guys.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Uhsplit i totally agree. I have stated many times even a AVERAGE oline would make this team a beast ( back in 2014-2017 ) It's just to bad they waited so damn long to throw out the garbage. They let it stink up the Hawks for way to long. That horrid oline coaching and oline play that Cable made common place derailed many seasons guys.
Well, we went to the SB following both the 2013 and 2014 seasons, so you typically don't see teams firing coaches after 2 straight SB appearances. Then in 2015, with Lynch hurt half the year and ineffective for the other half, we were lighting it up like no other offense in Seahawks history...so it's tough to say we made some huge mistakes in those 3 seasons. It's really only the last 2 years that the line has been dreadful, and I think the course correction was done in a pretty sensible timeline. RW had a knee and ankle injuries all of 2016 that amplified OL issues as well.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we went to the SB following both the 2013 and 2014 seasons, so you typically don't see teams firing coaches after 2 straight SB appearances. Then in 2015, with Lynch hurt half the year and ineffective for the other half, we were lighting it up like no other offense in Seahawks history...so it's tough to say we made some huge mistakes in those 3 seasons. It's really only the last 2 years that the line has been dreadful, and I think the course correction was done in a pretty sensible timeline. RW had a knee and ankle injuries all of 2016 that amplified OL issues as well.

That was DESPITE their horrid oline, you have to think of it like that because with a good one they would have been EVEN better. Put a drag car on worn out slicks and run it. Is it fast? it can be but not as fast if it was on some new tires.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But in that metaphor, if you want to get new slicks, you have to put in a smaller motor to pay for it.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, just had to fire your tire pit boss and hire a new one lol