• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Topic Lounge

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Tim Couch can make a comeback.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - OpenToPage101 - when exactly has Cousins "proven he can succeed under pressure"? Put RG3 aside on this one & just simply look at the games where Cousins has played. He has lost every game where he played except the Ravens game (where he played a handful of plays), laughers against the sorry Browns & Jags & a game against the Titans where he was pretty bad & was bailed out by McCoy. Not trying to badmouth the guy but how does that exactly qualify as success under pressure?

BTW - that was a total of 14 games - not 5 or 6.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word just in that Brady will be suspended for 4 games - not sure that is enough for Pats to give up too much to get another QB.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. And if you listen to respected talent evaluators on RGIII, you'd be really surprised to hear how up they are on him. Despite having a rough couple of years, he still has the skillset and IQ to become a franchise QB.

That's because the pros have patience and fans do not.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because the pros have patience and fans do not.
So just how much time should we give him? He has been given every chance and now gets one more. Should we give him the entire season? If not, what if he shows the same mistakes all preseason? Do we yank him?

I'm fine with rg3 being named the starter going into camp, mainly because we have no one else who has proved himself to deserve to be named starter. But I would have him on a short leash, specifically as it pertains to his attitude and willingness to listen, learn, and do what's best for the team. We should know by mid season if he can turn potential into progress. If, after 3 and a half years he is still making the same mistakes and taking no real responsibility, I'd pull him and give KC every opportunity to prove he can progress and become an NFL QB.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just how much time should we give him? He has been given every chance and now gets one more. Should we give him the entire season? If not, what if he shows the same mistakes all preseason? Do we yank him?

I'm fine with rg3 being named the starter going into camp, mainly because we have no one else who has proved himself to deserve to be named starter. But I would have him on a short leash, specifically as it pertains to his attitude and willingness to listen, learn, and do what's best for the team. We should know by mid season if he can turn potential into progress. If, after 3 and a half years he is still making the same mistakes and taking no real responsibility, I'd pull him and give KC every opportunity to prove he can progress and become an NFL QB.

Of course he was given every chance. So was Troy Aikman, Eli Mannning and hundreds of high draft picks who struggled early in their careers. And there is a reason for that, it's dumb to bail on talent at the QB position before you have to. My post was in response to posters who wanted Griff shipped out of town for a ham sandwich after 2013.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree with you, upside and potential is the only reason I'm still in the RGIII business. My point was to dispute Dad's claim that Kirk's stats blow away Griffin post 2012.

where in the hell did you get that i said KC's stats blew Rg3 's away ? i said wilson do and they do . he has lousier wrs and te's and he is a play away from 2 superbowl wins

the redskins offense moved better with KC at the helm but that doesnt mean i think his stats are better

as for upside , we are way past the time for upside , potential or the future

Rg3 as a number 2 overall pick should have been on the verge of mastering his position now not relearning basic qb ing

i hope he can turn it around , but he is joe webb / kordell stewart / tavaris jackson at this point

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I obviously agree with you about Griffin to some extent you need to slow down when you put him in the same category as Joe Web and Tavaris Jackson. Griff has huge problems with feeling pressure and obviously delivering the ball. But he didn't make a habit at throwing a 5 yard out at the feet of receivers on 3rd and 4 like those guys did. I will continue to hang what little hope I have left for Griffin on the fact that he can throw the ball very very well. He hit what he is aiming at far far better than Joe Webb or Kordell Stewart.

i dont need to slow down about anything . his performance the last 2 years puts him in the tavaris jackson /joe webb /kordell stewart category and it will remain there until he produces on the field

dont talk to me about potential or upside . that ship has sailed its time for production not excuses

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he was given every chance. So was Troy Aikman, Eli Mannning and hundreds of high draft picks who struggled early in their careers. And there is a reason for that, it's dumb to bail on talent at the QB position before you have to. My post was in response to posters who wanted Griff shipped out of town for a ham sandwich after 2013.
There is a big difference between those 2 and Robert. At this point in their careers, they were showing progress. They weren't having to be told to take a 5 step drop when the timing of the play calls for it instead of a 3 step drop. They knew how to throw to a spot where the WR will be, not to wait until he gets there. They were 3 years into learning defenses, not worrying about their brand. Again, I'm all for him getting 1st team reps. He deserves it as much as anyone on the team right now. But he has not proved that he is heads and tails ahead of KC. If he doesn't show improvement within a couple of months of the start of camp, I wouldn't hesitate to pull him and I'd let him know that going in.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't have happened to a more deserving player. The Pats are smug, rule breaking cheaters. Just my $.02

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I bet they still make the AFC championship come December lol

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAve to wonder if it had been some one other than Brady if they would have gone so lite??

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brady and the patriots didnt cooperate . the breaks are beginning in the dynasty . brady could have easily beaten this if he simply played his cards better .

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where in the hell did you get that i said KC's stats blew Rg3 's away ? i said wilson do and they do . he has lousier wrs and te's and he is a play away from 2 superbowl wins

the redskins offense moved better with KC at the helm but that doesnt mean i think his stats are better

as for upside , we are way past the time for upside , potential or the future

Rg3 as a number 2 overall pick should have been on the verge of mastering his position now not relearning basic qb ing

i hope he can turn it around , but he is joe webb / kordell stewart / tavaris jackson at this point

This is pure cognitive dissonance. Seattle had the 27th passing offense in the league last year. In terms of TDs, it was in a sixth way tie for 20th, just ahead of the 27th ranked Redskins and Chiefs. As for the Chiefs, they failed to throw a TD to a WR last year, which ought to give you an idea where Wilson really ranks as a passing QB. If you want to talk stats, he's the almost exact equivalent of Alex Smith. You are just making the stats stuff up. Wilson's stats blow chunks, and that's probably one big reason why his contract talks are stalled.

As for RGIII, yes, he's had a rough past couple of years. But you keep ignoring his potential and upside. This is nothing different than evaluating a stock like Apple, which had a meteoric rise in past years, but has fallen on very pedestrian results in recent times. If you judged Apple's future prospects based on what they've done in the prior two or three years, you'd ditch the stock ASAP. But why are so many still high on this position? Because it's got great potential, not the least of which is the billions of pure cash it's sitting on that's due for dividend distribution. Same with RGIII. There are many reasons why his production has declined in 2013 and 2014. But look at what's he's capable of. There's plenty to like about him. He's got great traditional and football IQ. And he's got other great physical talents. What he needs to do is become a willing learner. And what Gruden and Cavanugh need to do is to exercise restraint in slowly phasing him out of being the QB he was in 2012 into a pocket passer he's supposed to become. If either of these factors don't play out or something else comes up (e.g., yet another injury), RGIII's production will continue to lag and peoples' patience will start to run thin.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont need to slow down about anything . his performance the last 2 years puts him in the tavaris jackson /joe webb /kordell stewart category and it will remain there until he produces on the field

dont talk to me about potential or upside . that ship has sailed its time for production not excuses

Thankfully, a whole bunch of NFL evaluators don't agree with you, not the least of one whose initials are SM.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAve to wonder if it had been some one other than Brady if they would have gone so lite??

Or whether it would've been a big deal at all? Yes, he violated a rule. But it was hardly outcome determinative. Brady cheated when he didn't have to. While he should be punished, it must fit the circumstances of what occurred. And four games is way out of line.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or whether it would've been a big deal at all? Yes, he violated a rule. But it was hardly outcome determinative. Brady cheated when he didn't have to. While he should be punished, it must fit the circumstances of what occurred. And four games is way out of line.

Come on dude... if this were a Redskins QB... you think it would have been anything LESS than a season long suspension?? Its Brady, and it brings into question if or HOW he might have cheated to win the last Super Bowl. Players get more time off for smoking weed.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on dude... if this were a Redskins QB... you think it would have been anything LESS than a season long suspension?? Its Brady, and it brings into question if or HOW he might have cheated to win the last Super Bowl. Players get more time off for smoking weed.

Honestly, no. I think a lot of factors went into this becoming a completely overblown sideshow. Inflating balls is hardly a serious offense as every QB and kicker treats balls to their specific liking. In this case, the ball inflation had zero to do with the outcome. What the NFL should've done was to conduct its own short internal investigation, conclude that a minor violation occurred, and then proceeded to slap Brady on the wrist. What they did instead was to make Ted Wells into another Archibald Cox. By doing that, they allowed what was at most an infraction to become something like a capital offense. They could've easily have won the PR battle by selling a dignitary penalty based on the fact that the Pats destroyed the Colts in the second half with properly inflated balls. If anything, the Colts should've wanted more of those deflated balls. One big reason for the big to-do was because the Pats were serial offenders. Yet, that still didn't warrant this huge circus of a PR disaster.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Game 3, I chided the Wiz for gallantly trying to hand the Hawks back home-court advantage by nearly frittering a 21-point fourth quarter lead. Tonight, they do deserve some kudos for making a game of it in Game 4. I say "some" because they again blew some golden opportunities, not the least of which was a chance to tie the game with less than 10 seconds left. If they won tonight, they would've taken a commanding 3-1 series lead with a change to close out the Hawks in Atlanta on Wednesday. Instead, they've lost home court advantage and continue to wander through the wilderness without the guidance of John Wall. Still, the Wiz are performing admirably in his absence. But that's not good enough. No one's going to cry for them and if they can pull of their road wizardry -- pun intended -- they can go back to Verizon for a chance to advance to face either Cleveland or Chicago for the Eastern Conference finals. I'm not too hopeful, but who knows what'll happen? Who thought they'd win -- much less sweep -- the Raptors series.

Talking about blowing chances, there's the Capitals. They took their own commanding 3-1 series lead over the top NHL dogs in the Rangers and were 1:41 away from putting the series to bed. Since then, they've basically choked their way to a Game 7 in MSG. I'm not too hopeful here either, but I'm a bit more confident that the Caps can pull this one off more than the Wiz can beat the Hawks in their current series with them. Henrik Lundqvist has proven to be pretty mortal between the pipes and it's time for people like Ovi to step and put him out of his misery.

We'll see tomorrow. Will the Caps continue their magic? Or will they choke like they've done so many times in the past?