• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Topic Lounge

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Be respectful. Most of the posters here have been together for upwards of 10 years.
  • If you are a wanderer, please keep that in mind.
2. Try to keep your posts relevant to the topic of the thread you are posting in.

3. Before starting a new thread take a moment to see if a similar thread has already been created.

We have an Off Topic Lounge for topics unrelated to the Washington Redskins.
5. Leave politics at the door or try the Politics Forumon the main SportsHoopla board . it is not welcome here and will result in deletion of ANY political references

6. Language. We are all adults (or should be, according to TOS). Adult language is allowed.
  • PLEASE KEEP RULE 1 IN MIND
  • Do not use vulgar language to insult people as this will be considered personal attacks
  • Name calling towards another poster is not allowed and will be considered a personal attack
7. Trolling will not be tolerated & includes the following:
  • Starting incendiary/critical threads.
  • Engaging in flaming.
  • Attacking, stalking or trolling.
  • Bumping old threads to force currently relevant ones down the board
  • No thread hijacking will be tolerated
  • We have a Smack Talk Thread , USE IT.
    • There you can troll, name call, whine, piss & moan to your hearts content without repercussions.
    • If you carry it over to another thread then all bets are off.
8. SportsHoopla Rules & TOS still applies.

9) The moderator is the arbitrator of this forum. Undercutting the authority of the moderator will not be tolerated . You can disagree with the moderators opinions and are free to express those opinions in a respectful manner as would be required of anyone . Administrative action will only take place when guidelines of this forum are violated not because you disagree with a moderators opinion .
:badmin:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Be respectful. Most of the posters here have been together for upwards of 10 years.
  • If you are a wanderer, please keep that in mind.
2. Try to keep your posts relevant to the topic of the thread you are posting in.

3. Before starting a new thread take a moment to see if a similar thread has already been created.

We have an Off Topic Lounge for topics unrelated to the Washington Redskins.
5. Leave politics at the door or try the Politics Forumon the main SportsHoopla board . it is not welcome here and will result in deletion of ANY political references

6. Language. We are all adults (or should be, according to TOS). Adult language is allowed.
  • PLEASE KEEP RULE 1 IN MIND
  • Do not use vulgar language to insult people as this will be considered personal attacks
  • Name calling towards another poster is not allowed and will be considered a personal attack
7. Trolling will not be tolerated & includes the following:
  • Starting incendiary/critical threads.
  • Engaging in flaming.
  • Attacking, stalking or trolling.
  • Bumping old threads to force currently relevant ones down the board
  • No thread hijacking will be tolerated
  • We have a Smack Talk Thread, USE IT.
    • There you can troll, name call, whine, piss & moan to your hearts content without repercussions.
    • If you carry it over to another thread then all bets are off.
8. SportsHoopla Rules & TOS still applies.

9) The moderator is the arbitrator of this forum. Undercutting the authority of the moderator will not be tolerated . You can disagree with the moderators opinions and are free to express those opinions in a respectful manner as would be required of anyone . Administrative action will only take place when guidelines of this forum are violated not because you disagree with a moderators opinion .
:badmin:
I am pretty sure quite a few of these have been bent the last 48 hrs

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What rules? I have shown what the word political means. This was by definition not political. In the military, we do not simply stop if an injustice is being done…contrary to what non-serving members like to think. We are not mindless drones of a master.
I have told you before I served in the military. I said my piece, I am done.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right now i am reviewing some things with this board . the off topic lounge and the NFL news thread might be done away with and all topics on this board will be simply related to the WFT and that only

SportsHoopla has places to discuss these matters and maybe that is a better place for these conversations since we have a LOOPHOLE problem . you have to understand what is political and what can go political . and when a call might be needed to be made . i make them when i have to

so if you cant respect that i am the moderator , that we have rules in place that were voted for by the posters , and that i will enforce them , and we cant address questions without acting like an adult , then maybe your time is up and you need a new home

i havent made a decision yet and i might take a vote on it but i dont have to have these threads here and if my choices cant be respected or talked about in an adult matter then maybe its time to end it

i can admit to a rush to judgment and perhaps i could have let it play out more and perhaps i could have used better wording but even admitting that doesnt seem to stop the crap . the other side could have used better words and such as well for example " dont worry dad we wont let it go political and if it does you can step in "

so we will see how it goes

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right now i am reviewing some things with this board . the off topic lounge and the NFL news thread might be done away with and all topics on this board will be simply related to the WFT and that only

SportsHoopla has places to discuss these matters and maybe that is a better place for these conversations since we have a LOOPHOLE problem . you have to understand what is political and what can go political . and when a call might be needed to be made . i make them when i have to

so if you cant respect that i am the moderator , that we have rules in place that were voted for by the posters , and that i will enforce them , and we cant address questions without acting like an adult , then maybe your time is up and you need a new home

i havent made a decision yet and i might take a vote on it but i dont have to have these threads here and if my choices cant be respected or talked about in an adult matter then maybe its time to end it

i can admit to a rush to judgment and perhaps i could have let it play out more and perhaps i could have used better wording but even admitting that doesnt seem to stop the crap . the other side could have used better words and such as well for example " dont worry dad we wont let it go political and if it does you can step in "

so we will see how it goes

Fair enough. Questioning the moderator is allowed according to the rules you posted. I just did it in the wrong thread. Apparently I should have done so in the “smack talk” thread.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll add my two cents in here and live with whatever the decisions are.

If we are going to be a WTF only board. Then not only does Off Topic and NFL East or NFL News along with the Smack Talk thread have to go because none of them have anything to do with the WTF.

It also means posts about the 9ers, Patriots etc. etc. should be deleted because they are not about the WTF.

It would also mean coach can't talk about KSU, I can't talk about Penn State because again ... that is not about the WTF.

That is all.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meme Dis Gonna B Gud GIF
Got the one next to you.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, this reminds me of being in HS. I think the issue has passed. Let’s move on. Anything can turn in to politics and I guess if the mod thinks it is, he should just shut the particular subject down. I for one could give a shit less. Words on a message board has never and will never hurt me

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, this reminds me of being in HS. I think the issue has passed. Let’s move on. Anything can turn in to politics and I guess if the mod thinks it is, he should just shut the particular subject down. I for one could give a shit less. Words on a message board has never and will never hurt me
Oh yeah......

WFT S..................

Opps sorry, wrong thread. I'll show myself out.

:bolt:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

could be a good spot for him

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash