• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Topic Lounge

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We see video of an NFL star player cold cock his fiance just months after a very controversial 2 game suspension. We see a commissioner squirming as he is probably lying right to our faces with the new evidence and it is all taking place in the biggest sport in America by far. Why would you think this is not a huge story?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We see video of an NFL star player cold cock his fiance just months after a very controversial 2 game suspension. We see a commissioner squirming as he is probably lying right to our faces with the new evidence and it is all taking place in the biggest sport in America by far. Why would you think this is not a huge story?

Didn't say it isn't a huge story (individually). The NFL is making it sound like an epidemic and this one incident is bad for society.

I mean politicians are waying in on this, the Redskins name, gay players, but quiet on the drug issue.

On a case by case basis, yes, the Ray Rice incident is worse than a single drug incident. But when we talk having an effect on society, the drug issue is huge. Kids admire these people and realize the only way to get to that level is to take performance enhancing substances. Kids admire these people and see the drug and alcohol lifestyle these players live and idolize and emulate what these people do.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't say it isn't a huge story (individually). The NFL is making it sound like an epidemic and this one incident is bad for society.

I mean politicians are waying in on this, the Redskins name, gay players, but quiet on the drug issue.

On a case by case basis, yes, the Ray Rice incident is worse than a single drug incident. But when we talk having an effect on society, the drug issue is huge. Kids admire these people and realize the only way to get to that level is to take performance enhancing substances. Kids admire these people and see the drug and alcohol lifestyle these players live and idolize and emulate what these people do.

From everything I read the vast majority of teen agers that do steroids do it to look better and get stronger and sports has little to do with it. I agree on the drug and alcohol lifestyle thing but you're seeing that more with actors and musicians than with athletes.

The NFL is going to start testing for HGH next yearso maybe they can get more of the drugs out of the sport

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's to say about the drug issue that has not already been discussed? Of course it's a problem and very important. But it's not like it hasn't been addressed. Just ask Tennard Jackson.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets be real, this happens every day all over America. The thing is, it was an NFL player and he got caught on camera. Was he in the right?? Probably not. But as with many social issues, this isnt about the isolated incident, its about setting social policy. Over blown incidents like this is how we now have laws like the one here in Florida where in any suspected domestic violence situation, the cops are supposed to remove the male from the house no matter what the actual situation. Thats the beauty of a silent video in a situation like this, she stepped towards him, he cold cocked her, but he was the assumed instigator. Flip that around and had the she been a he, most would have assumed she was attacking him by her posture and Rice, fearing harm, was simply defending himself.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets be real, this happens every day all over America. The thing is, it was an NFL player and he got caught on camera. Was he in the right?? Probably not. But as with many social issues, this isnt about the isolated incident, its about setting social policy. Over blown incidents like this is how we now have laws like the one here in Florida where in any suspected domestic violence situation, the cops are supposed to remove the male from the house no matter what the actual situation. Thats the beauty of a silent video in a situation like this, she stepped towards him, he cold cocked her, but he was the assumed instigator. Flip that around and had the she been a he, most would have assumed she was attacking him by her posture and Rice, fearing harm, was simply defending himself.

From a legal standpoint she got arrested too for spitting on him. It's considered assault. Not sure if the DA decided to press charges for that one.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The damning part of that video was not when he hit her, but how he acted afterwards. No remorse, no seeing if she was ok, no caring. He just dragged her out of the elevator and stood over her. Others had to come up and administer aid.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again Shark...can't bring logic.

Forget the fact that it is quiet or she admitted to have had a part in this. Forget the fact that no charges were brought against Rice or that his fiancé is still with him.

Forget the laws that state men are always at fault and have no rights but women want to be treated equally...and when I say equally, I mean only when they are actually not as qualified as the average man.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a legal standpoint she got arrested too for spitting on him. It's considered assault. Not sure if the DA decided to press charges for that one.

And once again thats the problem. I have seen women trying to bait their man with actions like this. Would it have looked any better had she landed a punch first? You hear people say all the time a man should never hit a woman, no one ever tells them you should never try an instigate a situation where he will hit you. To me, if she gets mad and slaps her man, and he hits her back, while its wrong on some level, thats not domestic violence. Thats a fight. Domestic violence is when he walks in, says honey whats for dinner and she says I havent cooked yet and he then proceeds to lay the smack down. Or flip side when she thinks he is flirting with the girl at the office, and takes a bat to him in his sleep.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The damning part of that video was not when he hit her, but how he acted afterwards. No remorse, no seeing if she was ok, no caring. He just dragged her out of the elevator and stood over her. Others had to come up and administer aid.

Have you ever shown remorse when you hit somebody? The answer is likely no because there is a reason you hit them. You probably hope they are not OK. And you see it as a victory.

That being said, I have never hit a woman and would beat my son if he did. I put a guys head in a toilet in HS because he insulted a girl...granted she was hot.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And once again thats the problem. I have seen women trying to bait their man with actions like this. Would it have looked any better had she landed a punch first? You hear people say all the time a man should never hit a woman, no one ever tells them you should never try an instigate a situation where he will hit you. To me, if she gets mad and slaps her man, and he hits her back, while its wrong on some level, thats not domestic violence. Thats a fight. Domestic violence is when he walks in, says honey whats for dinner and she says I havent cooked yet and he then proceeds to lay the smack down. Or flip side when she thinks he is flirting with the girl at the office, and takes a bat to him in his sleep.

You still can't hit a much smaller (Man or woman) like that. I was falsely accussed of something like this once (ex Girlfriend who developed an alcohol problem and felt she should be able to live in my place when her family threw her out) and spent a night in jail so I have a major sensitivity when it comes to this. She changed her story so many times and her sister stood up for me so eventually it got dropped.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still can't hit a much smaller (Man or woman) like that. I was falsely accussed of something like this once (ex Girlfriend who developed an alcohol problem and felt she should be able to live in my place when her family threw her out) and spent a night in jail so I have a major sensitivity when it comes to this. She changed her story so many times and her sister stood up for me so eventually it got dropped.

Cyder... obviusly we ran in a different crowd growing up. I have known much smaller men to take some one the size of an NFL DT and clean them up quite nicely. I have seen 5 foot 100 lb women floor a guy 6'3" 240 plus. Sorry if you are man enough to step, you should be woman enough to take the shot.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i went with domestic violence. brandon marshall, ray rice, greg hardy, that 49ers dude. seems like players are doing this more often these days. it doesnt matter if its on camera or not.
now if the girl falsely accused them then she is the worst person in the world.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is it any better for the smaller person to hit the bigger person?

You want equality...then be equal.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cyder... obviusly we ran in a different crowd growing up. I have known much smaller men to take some one the size of an NFL DT and clean them up quite nicely. I have seen 5 foot 100 lb women floor a guy 6'3" 240 plus. Sorry if you are man enough to step, you should be woman enough to take the shot.

Toughest guy I know is about 150 pounds. I've seen him knock out guys twice his size. I was more referring to someone unable to defend themselves. Guys like that for the most part tend to not mouth off or they learn to quickly.
Not so the case with soem women. However, with the penalties you just can't do it and shouldn't as much as you want to. Hell, I didn't even do anything, she was tresspassing in my home (Had a set of keys I didn't know she had) and I ended up in central booking. Like an idiot I called her sister to come get her and her drunken ass called the cops and said I hit her.
I'm still pissed years later

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it any better for the smaller person to hit the bigger person?

You want equality...then be equal.

They don't want to be equal when it comes to that or when the check comes when youre out to dinner

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toughest guy I know is about 150 pounds. I've seen him knock out guys twice his size. I was more referring to someone unable to defend themselves. Guys like that for the most part tend to not mouth off or they learn to quickly.
Not so the case with soem women. However, with the penalties you just can't do it and shouldn't as much as you want to. Hell, I didn't even do anything, she was tresspassing in my home (Had a set of keys I didn't know she had) and I ended up in central booking. Like an idiot I called her sister to come get her and her drunken ass called the cops and said I hit her.
I'm still pissed years later

Exactly my point though, if IM fool enough to go taunting a man twice my size, and I step to him, I would have no legal recourse if he knocked me the fuck out. But if a chick takes a swing at the same guy, or spits in his face or any other taunting move... well he better hold his tongue and walk away. Makes you wonder if Mike Sam is actually smarter than all of us. LOL

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly my point though, if IM fool enough to go taunting a man twice my size, and I step to him, I would have no legal recourse if he knocked me the fuck out. But if a chick takes a swing at the same guy, or spits in his face or any other taunting move... well he better hold his tongue and walk away. Makes you wonder if Mike Sam is actually smarter than all of us. LOL

Dude I hear ya. But if Ray hadn't hit her when she spit on him and called the cops on her she gets arrested and charged with domestic violence because they live together. That would have been awesome.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i went with domestic violence. brandon marshall, ray rice, greg hardy, that 49ers dude. seems like players are doing this more often these days. it doesnt matter if its on camera or not.
now if the girl falsely accused them then she is the worst person in the world.

These are guys currently suspended for drugs or drug related arrests: Josh Gordon, Justin Blackmon, Wes Welker, Lavon Brazil, Brian Tyms, Stedmon Bailey, Ace Sanders, Nick Miller, Javarris James, Fred Davis, Jerome Simpson, Andre Brown, Matt Prater (a freaking kicker)...these are just the offensive players in the league currently suspended for drugs. We could mention almost every player in Seattle last season.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude I hear ya. But if Ray hadn't hit her when she spit on him and called the cops on her she gets arrested and charged with domestic violence because they live together. That would have been awesome.

Oh I agree. But in the moment Im doubting Ray was thinking straight. Funny how they dont mention she took a swing at him before they got on the elevator, or that she was lunging at him when he swung. I guess it just irritates me to see the double standards and how any injustice has to be totally over compensated for in this country to a point where people who didnt or likely never would have gave a crap have to be lumped in and punished to make a few vocal minority feel better about themselves in the end.