• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off-Season Workouts

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
obviously, great stuff if Moss keeps this up. his affect on the younger guys is good to read. but isn't Crabtree also motivated by Vernon Davis? either way, such a big change in mentality.

if Moss PLAYS at a high level, then it gives Jenkins time to develop. Jenkins won't be rushed into a starting role.

I agree on moss be a role model/mentor. Never thought that would be a role he would want to play. But I really hope he keeps it up. Don't really like reading that the WRs were sitting in the back with hoodies on when they are supposed to be watching game film. But if they are up front with moss now, and they continue to put in the work, I will forgive them :)

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like Crabby has the best hands ever. I like how positive Harbs is; it's nice that he can use BS to motivate people.

LOL!!..."Best hands ever." "We were NOT interested in that QB - Peyton Manning." "I did NOT have sex with that woman - Miss Lewinski."

Harbaugh, for the love of Mike Singletary - please just stfu and coach!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LOL!!..."Best hands ever." "We were NOT interested in that QB - Peyton Manning." "I did NOT have sex with that woman - Miss Lewinski."

Harbaugh, for the love of Mike Singletary - please just stfu and coach!

he is 'coaching'.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what if he is our top receiver? I don't think it's all that out of question. If it's not true, it is still an idea worth planting into our opponents heads.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caught some FirstTake on Moss being #1... his presence on the field really allows others to get into the fold and step up their respected games.

If Moss can be Alex's home threat(i wonder how many routes Harbs has him going?) we should be solid.

Any word on LMJ? Sorry i'm late on all this, with the Devils losing the finals and Dwightmare eating at me, plus its early in the offseason, I've been behind football.

How are LMJ, Jenkins(does he do anything well?), Aldon's recovery, state of D and O lines... doing?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Caught some FirstTake on Moss being #1... his presence on the field really allows others to get into the fold and step up their respected games.

If Moss can be Alex's home threat(i wonder how many routes Harbs has him going?) we should be solid.

Any word on LMJ? Sorry i'm late on all this, with the Devils losing the finals and Dwightmare eating at me, plus its early in the offseason, I've been behind football.

How are LMJ, Jenkins(does he do anything well?), Aldon's recovery, state of D and O lines... doing?

James missed all of mini camp because of Oregon's late graduation. He was at the mini camp, but the beat writers weren't, so nothing much there. There is a video of James on 49ers.com, but it doesn't reveal much at all.

Jenkins has been mostly bad news, though he had a couple nice grabs including a very nice TD from Kaepernick on the last day (last play?) of mini camp. Mostly concerns are him keeping his feet.

Nothing on Aldon since it happened, but given that he didn't even stay overnight at the hospital it's probably not too serious. Might limit him in contact early, though.

Not sure what you want to know re: DL and OL. Tough to say much of anything based on mini camp as there's no contact. Boone looks like he's all but locked up RG. No changes on DL at all, except Tukuafu and Dobbs have been getting some snaps at FB and TE, respectively. I just read a quote by Fangio yesterday that makes it sound like he's not thrilled about that - worried it will stunt their growth on D, but we'll see.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Latest on Goldson talks
8:14AM ET
Dashon Goldson | 49ers

As with any franchise-tagged player who is unhappy with his current situation, San Francisco 49ers S Dashon Goldson remained absent while the team went through it's offseason program. There is a gap between what Goldson believes he's worth and what the team is willing to pay him for his services, and the two sides have until July 16 (this upcoming Monday) to sort that situation out; otherwise, Goldson's only option (if he wants to play in 2012) is to sign the one-year franchise tender worth $6.2 million.

In Goldson's view, he'd like a deal that pays him around $8 million per season -- similar to what Eric Weddle got from the San Diego Chargers -- but the Niners obviously haven't been willing to dole out such a contract to him. In June, the Tennessee Titans came to a five-year agreement with their franchise-tagged S, Michael Griffin, for $35 million, with $15 million guaranteed. Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area reported at the time that that's "almost identical" to the figures being tossed around for a potential Goldson deal.

During an appearance on SiriusXM NFL Radio this week, Goldson confirmed that he'd like the long-term security of a multi-year deal, but acknowledged the reality of having to play out the 2012 season on the franchise tender. "I'm hoping something long term will happen," Goldson said, per show host Alex Marvez. "I'm not taking anything personally. I look at it as a business move on [San Francisco's] part. That's just the business. ... If I have to play for the tag, I'll play for the tag. But any guy would love long-term security."

- Tim Kavanagh​

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't this writer sound like Ray Ratto? I read that in the comments and it made sense.

Don't crown Moss top receiver yet

Agree with these comments below: "You can't separate the "best receiver" part from the "right now" part. Right now, the players are running undefended routes and sitting in meeting rooms going over the offense. Randy Moss sits in the front row - that makes him the best receiver "right now""

"I know things are slow but do you have to build controversy when there is none. The quote was: Moss "is our best receiver right now", and that statement was made during or right after mini camps. The emphasis is on "right now". Harbaugh said that as a July quote; he made no projections about who would turn out to be our best receiver. It is not hard to project, though, how you will feel if it is Moss."

This is where I got the Ray Ratto part, I thought it was true.

Ann- Sounds like you've been around Ray Ratto way to long. You're even starting to sound like him. Before you start saying that the Moss saga reminds you of Ramirez maybe you should wait for the saga to end before making comparisons. If Moss gives up and is kicked off the team then you can make your comparison.

Ann- How could you even think of comparing the time Moss was with the Raiders, with his current situation with the 49ers, not even close, you must of got that tidbit from Lowell Cohen. Next thing you'll be telling us is that the 49ers and Raiders run their organizations exactly the same. Maybe you should ask Mr. Moss what the differences between the 2 organizations are like. Next thing you know you'll be using Skip Bayless comparisons and calling Moss a franchise killer, and that the Raiders were a team with great potential when he came here and because of him the Raiders have been terrible for the last decade.

Last edited by a moderator: