• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Season Question Of The Day.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Germany had much better beer and I preferred it over Belgium beer although they do have some great beer. Its funny I hated Paris, dirty, arrogant ass people, smelled horrible.

My favorite city was Dublin and Heidelberg
I don't disagree with any of that. Belgium has so many beer offerings that you probably picked the wrong one. I agree with all your Paris comments, but the question was most fun, and my most fun came from walking out a door with expectations of finding dinner and then finding block after block of history, art, culture and character. I knew all that was there, I just didn't expect to find it all by stumbling out the door.

Part of the fun was how I got there. The trip itself was a bit spontaneous. My sister was working a convention in Brussels. My Brother in law said "I'm going too, but am going to Amsterdam for a few days, you should come". We hit Amsterdam for three days, then boarded a train with an expected overnight layover in Hamburg (that's another story). From Hamburg we had a train switch in Cologne and I was looking up and we were at a fork headed to Brussels with the other fork being Paris. I looked at Paris silently with envy and my bro in law says "I'd go to Paris if you would"...

Last edited:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always wanted to go to Europe, my only chance was two years ago and my $12500 was returned because the travel agency couldn't fill the tour.

1. Favorite city was Sydney, Australia. Great people, willing to do anything to help out strangers.
2. Hong Kong. If you can't find it in Hong Kong it doesn't exist. Came within a crotch hair of buying a Bengal Tiger cub in 1971. ($475 included U.S. delivery to my house in South Portland, ME)
3. Bangkok, Thailand. Just an incredible and beautiful place. Sure has changed since 1970.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always wanted to go to Europe, my only chance was two years ago and my $12500 was returned because the travel agency couldn't fill the tour.

1. Favorite city was Sydney, Australia. Great people, willing to do anything to help out strangers.
2. Hong Kong. If you can't find it in Hong Kong it doesn't exist. Came within a crotch hair of buying a Bengal Tiger cub in 1971. ($475 included U.S. delivery to my house in South Portland, ME)
3. Bangkok, Thailand. Just an incredible and beautiful place. Sure has changed since 1970.
Yeah I bet Thailand is gorgeous

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
City you visited had the most fun in and why?

Amsterdam for obvious reasons, good beer, weed, and whores
Nashville comes to mind.
New years Eve game.
The night before New years was the designated entertainers holiday, being they all worked NY Eve.
Entertainers walked in all night, grabbed a beer and went up on stage to do whatever song they wanted.
Every act in town came in at some point.
I made friends with one of the Coyote Ugly girls. She was entertaining as hell!
Saw the Pats beat the Titans. Raining at game time, cleared up into beautiful blue sky and 70 degree New Year's Eve game.
Great weekend.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Germany had much better beer and I preferred it over Belgium beer although they do have some great beer. Its funny I hated Paris, dirty, arrogant ass people, smelled horrible.

My favorite city was Dublin and Heidelberg
Raise your hand if you like the French,
Raise both hands if you are French!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're too image conscious which taints your decision.
Post a selfie and let us decide.

I PROMISE not to point and laugh.
I'm serious, on Jan. 18, 2021 I git on the scale and it said 291.6.

I got on the same scale yesterday and it said 251.8.

I'm still big around the middle and in my boxers it's not pretty.

It has nothing to do with image. I'm almost 72 years old, I'm Agent Orange diabetic, have had a stroke, 5 bypasses, a new heart valve. Have severe nerve destruction in my legs and gut from AO and would like to be around for a few more years to see my grandson graduate from college.

I just got home from Planet Fitness. I did 2000 steps, 200 70 lb sit-ups, 100 150 lb. back presses, 100 40 lb short lifts and 100 40 lb short presses.
I'm going to finish here, get a glass of water and lime my front lawn, cut the back lawn and lime it. Hopefull the scale will be at 250 or less tomorrow morning.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It has nothing to do with image. I'm almost 72 years old, I'm Agent Orange diabetic, have had a stroke, 5 bypasses, a new heart valve. Have severe nerve destruction in my legs and gut from AO and would like to be around for a few more years to see my grandson graduate from college.

I just got home from Planet Fitness. I did 2000 steps, 200 70 lb sit-ups, 100 150 lb. back presses, 100 40 lb short lifts and 100 40 lb short presses.
I'm going to finish here, get a glass of water and lime my front lawn, cut the back lawn and lime it. Hopefull the scale will be at 250 or less tomorrow morning.
Toward the beginning of Covid I started a routine with my kids doing pushups, assisted pullups, bicep, tricep exercises and a HIIT program on my stepper machine. A few months in I added rings to my pullup bar and transitioned the pushups, pullups and arm work to the rings and started 1 leg squats using the rings for balance... Then added a pulley to the bar for the arm work. I can't tell you how much weight is involved because most of it is body weight, but man do I feel good. I don't do or need sit-ups because the rings put the core to work.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wear a mask while liming. You have absorbed enough chemicals!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raise your hand if you like the French,
Raise both hands if you are French!
My mother is/was a Paradis' from Upper Frenchville, Maine across the bridge from Edmunston, NB Canada. So I'm half French.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question of the day: I read something that listed the Pats QB room as 16th, do you think that is accurate why or why not?

Sixteen puts them dead center and I think its much worse than that. I would say somewhere mid to late twenty's. We have a rookies QB coming into a very complex offense, a third year guy who gets crap for playing time so they must not trust him, and a starting QB that was horrible and may not have the grey matter to run our offense. I think 16 is wrong.